Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse Events During Daytona Bike Week 2009

seminoleroadhouse1The Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse will return to the Doghouse Bar and Grill on Main Street in Daytona. In keeping with The Doghouses’ reputation as “the place to party in Daytona,” this year’s Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse line-up will feature some of the industry’s best custom bikes, builders, and special events. In addition the Doghouse main stage will feature nightly live music with a special one-night appearance of Confederate Railroad on Wednesday March 4th.

The Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse wouldn’t be complete without top name custom bike builders and their bikes.  Christian Clayton has teamed up with Ami James of Miami Ink to produce a limited amount of Love Hate Choppers. The two prototype production models, “Love” and “Hate” will be making their first public debut only at the Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse.

New this year, some builders were given a similar Fender guitar to customize them in any way they saw fit. These Hard Rock Fender guitars will be auctioned live at the Biker Fusion event, on Thursday night (March 5th) with all the proceeds going to Soldiers Angels.
Other events: Tuesday March 3rd. Limp Nickie Night with the next generation of builders. Be there to see them ride their outrageous machines and then be available to answer questions and photo opportunities. Also the same day, Russell Mitchell’s Exile Tattoo Contest. Wednesday March 4th. Meet with the staff of Horse Back Street Chopper. Thursday March 5th, the 3rd “Biker Fusion Event” hosted by Shelly Rossmeyer, Ami James, Billy Lane & Christian Clayton. Limited admission tickets sold to the general public for a $50 donation to Soldier’s Angels. Friday March 6th party in the VIP Dog Pound upstairs hosted by Ami James and Christian Clayton with the Love Hate Choppers·

12 Responses to “Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse Events During Daytona Bike Week 2009”

1. 1 jspfc Feb 17th, 2009 at 9:35 am

Why is Ami James mentioned in custom motorcycle building? He is a tatoo guy who rides motorcycles. Any and all professional builders should be pissed with the fact that he tries to “team up” with real builders and start a shop. What ever happened to his venture with Marlowe?

If he was for real shouldnt it be Ami James’ Love Hate Choppers not Ami and “you fill in the blank this year”.

Ami stick to tatooing buddy. I am sure you wouldnt be happy if Cyril or any other builder opened a shop and started tatooing. It would make your profession look like a joke.

2. 2 just my opinion Feb 17th, 2009 at 11:20 am

Why would it bother any real builder that Ami James has teamed up with a builder? If I am not wrong I believe that Tatoo’s and motorcycles have gone together like a hand and glove or a shoe and a foot. And would it not be good for our industry to get some attention from deals like this? Who cares if he has been teamed up with one builder last year and now with another? If it brings positive attention to our industry I say good for him and who ever he choses to build a bike with.
    With our industry down as much as it has been we don’t need to be bashing people trying to help bring it back. Instead of whining about Ami James maybe you should be trying to find a way to help this bike industry also. That is if you even really care about our industry in the first place.

3. 3 jspfc Feb 17th, 2009 at 11:43 am

I don’t disagree that motorcycles and tattoos go hand in hand but to me Ami James throwing his name on a bike because he is a celebrity is like OCC or Steven Tyler. And actually it is worse than OCC, because the chances of him actually wrenching on a bike are probably slim.(Wouldn’t be shocked if he got his own television show out of it.)

To me it makes a joke of the industry. If he likes to ride great. If he is a celebrity great, show up at the events and do your thing, tat people up but don’t try to be something you are not. A “Professional Bike Builder.”

But I guess according to you maybe Donald Trump, Martha Stewart, Brett Michaels, etc should start a custom bike company with real builders???? I mean Donald builds hotels that bikers can stay in, Brett Michaels sings rock music which bikers listen to and Martha Stawart makes good food which bikers can eat.

4. 4 just my opinion Feb 17th, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Like turning a wrench is brain surgury, that must be why it pays so well. But that being said I didn’t read any where in the article that he would be doing the actual build. Teaming up could mean several things but most likely he is adding his creative input. What is wrong with that? Maybe you think tatoo artist are not creative. You really should spend less time bashing others. IS THE GLASS HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY I say half full.
    Those that can will.
    Those that can’t will bash others for doing what they can.
    Have a nice day

5. 5 jspfc Feb 17th, 2009 at 12:24 pm

Obviously Ami cant then because if he could why did his first venture into custom motorcycle building end so abruptly?

Like I said, I think Ami coming in and trying to build custom bikes and start a shop makes the industry look bad. Why is this guy any different from all the other Tom, Dick and Harry’s that builders complained about during the boom??? He isnt, period the end.

He should stick to what he does well, tattoo people.

Who knows maybe he and OCC could flip the shows and the Tuetul’s could start tatting people up and Ami can build bikes. Now that would be some real comedic entertainment!!!!!!!

You have a nice day as well JMO.

6. 6 just my opinion Feb 17th, 2009 at 4:46 pm

“Like I said, I think Ami coming in and trying to build custom bikes and start a shop makes the industry look bad.”

Where exactly does it say he has started a shop. I believe the article say’s

“Christian Clayton has teamed up with Ami James of Miami Ink to produce a limited amount of Love Hate Choppers.”

Maybe I am wrong but I don’t see were he has started a shop and now calls himself a pro builder. And even if he is a partner in a shop it don’t mean he is going to turn wrenches. He probably put up the money to build the bikes and added his artistic influance and that is his part in the build or partnership if there even is a partnership. And if so how does that make any of us look bad. I don’t see how that hurts any of us in the industry seems to me that there will be engines sold, frames sold, front ends sold, wheels, tires, trannies, tanks fenders and on and on.
    How does that hurt the industry or make it look bad?

The article say’s “The Seminole Hard Rock Roadhouse wouldn’t be complete without top name custom bike builders and their bikes.”

It does not say ami is the builder he is mentioned as the tatoo artist that teamed up with a builder.

Again I don’t see the harm in any of this. If people go and see these bikes because they are fans of Ami and Miami ink then who got hurt ? and how did that hurt them? Some of those fans may even become motorcycle owners because of those bikes.
    How does that hurt our industry?
    Maybe I am just blind or not that bright but I think jspfc is angry over nothing.

7. 7 jspfc Feb 17th, 2009 at 6:04 pm

I will say you are correct in that it does not say that Ami James is bringing back his original venture with Marlowe B, “Love Hate Choppers” but it seems odd to me that he would name this new “limited production line” Love Hate Choppers. You also hit the nail on the head, most builders would not want someone else telling them how to build a bike or what it should look like, which I would guess is why his original venture didn’t make it.

I agree with you on another point, you are not that bright. I have no anger whatsoever. I think the fact SPS is banking on Ami James’ name to sell some “limited edition motorcycles” is pretty funny. The guy is a reality television star, and I use the term “star” very loosely. There is a big difference between some teeny bopper stopping into South Beach and getting a $500.00 tattoo versus buying a $20 – 30k bike that is a “piece of art” because Ami put his touches on it.(Plus I do not think the bikes shown on a previous post look very good. Again just my opinion)

It also begs a question, if you put a McDonald’s up on a street corner and it closes, why would you put another McDonalds up at the same exact corner???

8. 8 jspfc Feb 17th, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Found this quote from a Marlowe B. interview as well. Thought it was pretty funny:

“Marlowe let us in on the fact that they are currently shooting a pilot for a TV show. After the pilot is finished, they plan on shopping it around to the networks. Given Marlowe’s building skills and Ami’s inside knowledge and connections to the TV industry, it won’t take long before somebody recognizes its marketability. Hopefully we’ll be seeing a lot more of Love Hate Choppers in the near future.”

9. 9 rodent Feb 18th, 2009 at 1:10 pm

The Dog House sc
    ucked last year with its lousy loud noise called by some music and they had the VIP section right in front of the speakers so it was impossible for the industry leaders, celebs, and sidewalk comandos to comunicate with each other. Hope they supply asprin and earplugs this year

10. 10 sheriff Feb 18th, 2009 at 2:36 pm

hey it is America. smile and have fun while the ship sinks

11. 11 Jayson Feb 22nd, 2009 at 9:20 pm

See you there Cyril.

12. 12 Walt Lumpkin Feb 23rd, 2009 at 9:03 am

This tread could have taken two sentences:

jspfc: “I don’t like Ami James being called a builder.”
    justmyopinion: “He wasn’t, move on.”