The Indians Are Coming

indianmotorcycletruckIndian Motorcycle is starting its Show Tour with of course a first stop in Daytona Beach. The traveling crew is on the road and will unload tomorrow at the International Speedway location a show truck packed with 2009 Indian Chiefs and the full line of parts, accessories and brand apparel. You will have the opportunity to meet with the corporate staff and ask all your questions directly to the Indian Motorcycle engineers. “It has been an exciting year so far for Indian Motorcycles. 2009 Indian Chief Motorcycles have shipped, nine dealerships have opened across the nation and we are thrilled to be present at Bike Week” states General Manager Chris Bernauer.

In addition to being present at this year’s Bike Week, the Indian Motorcycle show truck will roll up at dealership grand openings across the country. Dealership grand opening celebrations are scheduled so far for Phoenix (weekend of March 2), Paducah (weekend of April 3rd), Tampa (weekend of April 10th), Pittsburgh (weekend of April 17th), Atlanta (weekend of April 24th), Wichita (weekend of May 22nd), Omaha )weekend of May 29th), Dallas (weekend of June 5th), Detroit (weekend of June 26th).

The Indian Motorcycle show truck and event staff will also be present at Arizona Bike Week in Scottsdale, Ariz., Laughlin River Run in Laughlin, Nev., Laconia Rally in Laconia, N.H., and Sturgis in Sturgis, S.D.

28 Responses to “The Indians Are Coming”

1. 1 rodent Feb 25th, 2009 at 7:07 am

The new and improved over the Indians displayed in Sturgis last summer?

2. 2 Bruce T. Feb 25th, 2009 at 7:13 am

Go Indian, go.
    Will stop by. When are the demo rides?

3. 3 Jeremy Bradz Feb 25th, 2009 at 7:19 am

Awesome truck. Got to check the bikes next week.

4. 4 Boss Hawg Feb 25th, 2009 at 8:53 am

We ride in on Friday and have Indian on the radar.

Boss Hawg

5. 5 Troy Feb 25th, 2009 at 9:32 am

They have a nice looking truck….

6. 6 Karen Feb 25th, 2009 at 10:13 am

Who will be the Indian dealer in the DFW area ? Does anyone know ?

7. 7 Cyril Huze Feb 25th, 2009 at 10:19 am

Indian Motorcycle of Dallas/Ft. Worth
    1501 Airport Freeway

8. 8 Madrad Feb 25th, 2009 at 11:23 am

They will come but they will go yet again. Just because they have a nice truck damn sure doesn’t mean the bikes will be nice, quality pieces.

9. 9 MAS Feb 25th, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Who’s their logistics guy?? Florida for bike week, out to Arizona, back to Kentucky, down to Florida, back up to Pittsburgh, back down to Atlanta, out to Kansas, up to Nebraska, back down to Dallas, and then back and up to Detroit?? I guess they’ll get some exposure on the road because they’re going to drive a lot of miles…

10. 10 Lyle Feb 25th, 2009 at 1:24 pm

I doubt they can control when and where all the motorcycle events are going to occur. I volunteer to take one of their new bikes and ride it on the same route for a Road Report!

11. 11 Marc Feb 25th, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Madrad. What do you know? Because they have a nice truck it means the bikes are bad!?! It’s kind of funny that all those who said last year, Indian Motorcycle is never going to produce a bike, will never have any dealership, etc, are now silent. Madrad, you should shut your mouth. Again, you know nothing.

12. 12 Snoopy Feb 25th, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Mas, same for all builders/manufacturers on the show tour. They zig zag beause there is no logic in the locations of the different rallies. Indian has no other choice than to go to support their dealers wherever they are.

13. 13 MAS Feb 25th, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Where and how many miles they drive their truck is no business of mine and I wish them luck, but the article above said these were dealership grand openings. Wouldn’t you think they would be able to control that? Like I said, this all really doesn’t matter; just an observation.

14. 14 JJJ Feb 25th, 2009 at 3:02 pm

The negative comments expressed above come from people who don’t know anything about the motorcycle or Indian biz. Support Indian and all motorcycle related businesses.

15. 15 Lyle Feb 25th, 2009 at 3:53 pm

Well it would only make sense they would want to coordinate dealership openings with other MC related activities in that area which are out of their control. And if they have a good book cooker, much of it will be a write off. But I really don’t know. In reality there’s probably some other things driving their logistics.

16. 16 Madrad Feb 25th, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Marc, JJJ,

Who are yall to talk about knowing anything about Indian? Im damn sure I know way more about it than both of you COMBINED.

SO as for you Marc, maybe you should shut your mouth, how about that? You dont even know who I am or what I know do you? What I said was, and I quote, “Just because they have a nice truck damn sure doesn’t mean the bikes will be nice, quality pieces”. Thus stating that maybe they have a nice truck but this does NOT mean they have a nice, quality motorcycle. I was pointing my comment towards everyone in the past year who have been saying how nice the truck is and can not wait to see the bikes. The bikes are nearly the same as before, just a few changes this time around. You still can not sell an ugly motorcycle I am sorry Cheif.
    I have seen them come and go in my industry several times now. If they go AGAIN this time what is that going to do for the industry that is good? NOT A GOD DAMNED THING. We will have to clear their name once again and/or have to explain to people that it is not our company or the other “big companies” fault that Indian did not make it. Just like Vengence, Titan, Ultra, Illusion, AIH, etc. So I am sorry to bring my “negativity” to this but someone has to say it and who better than someone who will have to deal with it on his front steps?

17. 17 Dave Blevins Feb 25th, 2009 at 10:26 pm

I wish Indian well, hope to catch up with them in Daytona.

18. 18 Mike Kiwi Tomas, Kiwi Indian M/C Co Feb 26th, 2009 at 9:42 am

There has been plenty of talk about the new Indians and I’d like to extend the invitation to have one dropped off so I can test ride it for an honest evaluation. Looks are looks, bench racing is just that but a test ride would do good. I’m an active riding Indian guy and have put on hundreds of thousands of miles on my vintage Indians. The 1st place I would take it would be to the the Kiwi prooving grounds of Death Valley for a good work out. Great stuff.

19. 19 Lyle Feb 26th, 2009 at 11:38 pm

Say, good idea MIke. And while your riding one of their’s I’ll test one of yours!

20. 20 Mike Kiwi Tomas, Kiwi Indian M/C Co Feb 27th, 2009 at 1:12 am

Sounds like a great idea Lyle. How about Bonneville??????

21. 21 Materialman Feb 27th, 2009 at 2:59 pm

Tough time to be starting back up Indian. I wish you the very best though.

22. 22 Lyle Feb 27th, 2009 at 8:11 pm

Bonneville’s a “Go!” There will be more Indians in our pits in 2009 including a 1918 racer. See you there!

23. 23 Eric G. Mar 1st, 2009 at 3:44 am

Sounds like a commercial to me! “I’m not gonna try it. You try it. Let’s get Mikey!” If Mikey dont like it…well…
    Kiwi…you are the man when it comes to Indians. No doubt about it.

24. 24 Rocky, Mar 1st, 2009 at 10:01 am

If the new Indian Company wishes to establish it self with a LSR record to help sales, we would be proud to offer our services

25. 25 Geno Mar 2nd, 2009 at 11:13 am

yea yea yea blah blah blah
    the reality is that its still an ugly bike
    priced at $35,000 in an economy
    where Harley is begging the government for
    bail out money.
    Wrong bike ar the wrong time-
    bring out a trick looking $10,000 Scout twin
    and get the street fighter crowd excited first
    then try and follow with an overpriced land barge aimed
    at the lawyers and bankers who might not already have
    a chromed out road king or texas chopper in their garage.

26. 26 McGov Mar 5th, 2009 at 12:26 pm

I was lucky enough to see these bikes up close and talk to the Mechanics that will be serving are local economy in Wichita. I have also been lucky enough to have over 20 years under my belt riding and building Harleys and customs and I can tell you hands down these hand built Indians are pieces of art. The engineering is nothing like you have seen before and the hardware right down to the electrical is second to none.
    So before you listen to anymore meat heads bad mouth something they have never even sat on be patient and take one for a ride yourself and you decide. I know I can’t wait. Based on what I have seen there is going to be a lot of foot from mouth removals coming soon. Don’t forget it was the pessimists that helped put our country in the state that it is in and it will be the optimist’s that get us out and I’m sure Indian will be along for that ride…….

27. 27 Out There Somewhere Mar 6th, 2009 at 5:37 pm

I want to wish Indian the best, the bikes look good (if a little dated) and they see to have a real solid approach to rolling out the new company.

As for the logistics of the shows guys, I drive a show rig for another bike manufacturer and the company does not set the dates, the dealerships request specific dates and as long as we can legally get from one to the next then we roll. If it means being in California this weekend then out to Florida the next then up to Idaho to following week, well that’s the business. We will try and nudge the dealers a little from time to time to better facilitate the truck schedule but they know their market and when the best time is for an event. 9 out of 10 times we are at a dealership during some sort of local event that we nor the dealer has any control over.

Good Luck Indian, we need more manufacturers out here, the show grounds are getting a little sparse 🙂

28. 28 Psycho Drew Mar 11th, 2009 at 12:32 am

Glad to see an american motorcycle company getting back in the swing of things.HD and Indian Two american traditions.