Daytona Bike Week Flash News 5

cyrilhuzeatshowCan the weather be more perfect for a major Bike Show? 80 F, solid blue sky, light breeze. Big traffic jam Saturday at 10 am around the Daytona Lagoon Water Park where all parking spots (at $10 if you can get one) are already full from visitors to the Rat’s Hole Show. With 175 top custom and vintage bikes competing around an empty pool (why?) easy to forget that money is tight for most biker families. Most of you have been to the show, already know its antics, the giant Green Rat watching the judges, the Rat Mates (very young this year) looking for new cool bikes to lay on and builders to pose with (and not the opposite, huh!), the acrobatics of the press photographers trying to get the bike shot of the year, etc.

So, I would like to dedicate these few lines to Custom Builder Jerry Graves who left us a few weeks ago. Its latest creation just finished before his passing, for me the most beautiful and simple he has ever done, was shown for the 1st time by his family, collaborators and friends. Jerry would have wished a big crowd around his new creation, photographers fighting for the best shot angles, and the Rat Mates posing on it. He got all of this. RIP Jerry.

11 Responses to “Daytona Bike Week Flash News 5”

1. 1 Patrick Mar 8th, 2009 at 11:24 am

Thank you Cyril for paying tribute to Jerry. I was at the show. It’s a fabulous bike. It shows his true love for motorcycles.

2. 2 Joe Mar 8th, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Very sick cool bike. OMG, the best custom painted wheels I have ever seen.

3. 3 Brenda Fox Mar 8th, 2009 at 6:02 pm

Cyril – My respect and appreciation to you for posting a dedication to Jerry.

4. 4 THUG CUSTOM CYCLES Mar 9th, 2009 at 8:31 am

jerry’s awesome!!!

5. 5 MJ, editor Mar 9th, 2009 at 8:51 am

Absolutely beautiful bike – and Saturday’s weather and turnout was the best of the rally.

6. 6 Madrad Mar 11th, 2009 at 1:54 am

Rolex logo on the seat? random

7. 7 Todd Van Emburgh Mar 11th, 2009 at 9:31 am

Cyril. I can’t compliment more for the job you do with your site amd all the following you get. it’s very impressive. Unfortunatly I couldn’t get up to Daytona. You and I have spoken on a number of occasions. I am sure you remember . Give me a call. Would love to finally meet you face to face.

8. 8 BIKERPICS JACK Mar 11th, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Jerry’s bike was great to shoot at the show. When we took it down into the pool at the Rats Hole show, the scene became even better. With John (Jerry’s building partner) on hand and his great painter there as well, Reds & Candy (from Briton Bikeworks), Jerry’s father Pops and other friends, it was great to be able to join in with the group and take all of the wondefull pics. It was just another great RATS HOLE SHOW with a ton of beautiful bikes.

Thanks Cyril for keeping Jerry in the news, I’m trying my best as well.

9. 9 A 1 cycles Mar 11th, 2009 at 3:13 pm

the roles logo was kind of jerrys signature…the best. rolex crown. cant be a king till you have a crown

10. 10 steveb Mar 12th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

that is extremely cool, those wheels are out of control
    and I love the pipes – it sure makes ya look twice

11. 11 Josh Mar 13th, 2009 at 12:24 am

Anyone who knew Jerry.Knows what the crown is about.

RIP Jerry