Crane Cams To Restructure And Reopen

Due to the global economic recession, the 56-year old Crane Cams shut down its doors Feb. 24 after laying off 280 employees but keeping 25 workers to work on military contracts. Vice president Steve Leva states that the famous Camshafts/Valve Train/Electric Ignition Components company will reopen soon after restructuration. Crane was acquired at the end of 2006 by Mikronite Technologies Group Inc., and Leva says that since this acquisition 18 million have been invested in new equipment. Crane Cams.

18 Responses to “Crane Cams To Restructure And Reopen”

1. 1 Jeff Nicklus Mar 23rd, 2009 at 2:04 pm

OUTSTANDING NEWS! Best of all Crane will restructure without the need to involve the half breed and a bail out !

Over & Out,

2. 2 Dave Blevins Mar 23rd, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Very good to hear…after years of quality and innovation, it would have been a real shame to lose them.

3. 3 burnout Mar 23rd, 2009 at 9:39 pm

great news BUT…………. why lay off EVERYONE? I wonder if all of the 25 have been with the company 20+yrs! The only reason I rant so is because of the widespread lack of loyalty in business now. (My bank(s) and insurance companies are the absolute worst). I don’t blame Crane for keepin that miltary contract tho……………… peace

4. 4 Triumph Mar 24th, 2009 at 6:13 am

That’s good news. My friend & I were just discussing if we should try to track down a box full of HI-4 ignitions and stockpile them for our own future use. Glad to see Crane finding a way to keep it going.

5. 5 Bradley K Mar 24th, 2009 at 6:59 am

Good to hear. Hopefully they do bring the employees back. Any word on that subject?

6. 6 Cade Mar 24th, 2009 at 7:53 am

This is Good News in such Bad News days . And yes the Good News is Crane is doing this WITHOUT a bailout from the half breed. Hang in there for America and we will overcome this half breed of a president.

7. 7 Bob Trent Mar 24th, 2009 at 8:07 am

Cade. And who created this mess? Not Obama, for sure. You are the half breed who joined the other idiots of this country to support a President who decided an illegal and unjustified war, tortured prisoners, protected Wall Street and encouraged the fat cats to get fatter by abusing the taxpayer and investor. Bush took your money and you even don’t know. Without bailout money to the banks, Crane would not be able to borrow new money to try to restart their business. Learn your econonics before writing here.

8. 8 rodent Mar 24th, 2009 at 8:53 am

In Daytona, not China I hope.

9. 9 Mike Kiwi Tomas, Kiwi Indian M/C Co Mar 24th, 2009 at 9:04 am

I enjoy this blog for the news, information and insight Cyril brings to us as well as others that contribute. When things turn to politics it seems to loose its focus and direction. Politics has always been a hot issue. I remember as a kid my dad getting in some heated discussions with his friends which sometimes ended up in bitter arguments and some ruined friendships. We are all human beings and our common thread is motorcycles which brings us together. Thanks Cyril for what you do for us. Our motorcycles will out last any politian, party or political opinion and will bring friendships and happeness.

10. 10 Wacko Mar 24th, 2009 at 9:47 am

Hey, lets all talk religion now.

When Jesus or Obama come over and work on my Iron Head….then I will talk about them.

11. 11 Chris Callen Mar 24th, 2009 at 10:16 am

I think, and that line usually gets me in trouble, that in any public forum you need to have the liberty to chase a topic wherever it goes.

We have a tendency, especially in the motorcycle world, to keep things single track but an issue like this there has to be a broader viewpoint and it does involve politics, and partially religion for those cast that are praying every night not to lose their jobs. What we must take into accord is that “We The People” are what matters. We may disagree with each others opinions or even beliefs but it is that constant struggle back and forth that keeps things centered as it applies to the best interest of all. If we sit back and stay silent then whatever majority we are being ruled by will do just that and they will rule.

I see so many people in this country intent on complaining about things but very few willing to stand up and argue with friends, let alone in an open forum. It must happen, we must form public opinion so that the government knows where we stand collectively. I’m sure that not all of this country’s founding fathers agreed with each other, as a matter of fact I know that many of them despised each other but the common thread that compelled them to interact was a new nation based on freedom from a horrible tyrant.

Individually you have the right to your own opinions, freedom to express them and the duty to fight for them, so why not now? What I suggest though is, on a board like this, we not lose our tempers and take cheap shots. State your facts with as much passion as you want but just throwing around a label is too easy and often misinterpreted.

I leave you with this quote a good friend recently passed along to me:
    “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of
    patriots and tyrants.” – Thomas Jefferson

12. 12 Jeremy Mar 24th, 2009 at 10:29 am

Great Comment Mr. Chris Callen. Very class.

13. 13 Mike Kiwi Tomas, Kiwi Indian MotorCycles Mar 24th, 2009 at 11:12 am

Right on Chris and Mr Thomas Jefferson. I’m placing Thomas Jeffersons quotes all around my shop.

14. 14 Jeff Nicklus Mar 24th, 2009 at 11:17 am

What Thomas Jefferson is saying is: “IT IS TIME FOR ANOTHER TEA PARTY.”

Over & Out,

15. 15 A 1 cycles Mar 24th, 2009 at 1:54 pm

16. 16 Cade Mar 24th, 2009 at 2:39 pm

Bob Trent ….YO MAMA

17. 17 Marilyn Stemp Mar 24th, 2009 at 3:22 pm

Thanks to people like Thomas Jefferson, here in the U.S. we have the right to express ourselves without fear of repercussion. But with that right comes the responsibility to do so with respect, especially if we expect our opinions to be taken seriously. When name calling begins any attempt at a useful exchange of ideas ceases.
    In my experience, cowards turn to insult when they lack the ability to participate in civil discourse. And if TJ didn’t say that, he should have!

18. 18 rodent Mar 24th, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Ya forgot that more people worship at the shrine of Harley-Davidson that at most churches. On the eight day it was Harley not Obama