Viper Motorcycle Announces New Dealers And 2009 152″ Diamondback Model

2009viperdiamondbackViper Motorcycle Company, announces new dealers and  the shipping to its Dealers Network of the new “Diamondback” model, their second generation Super Cruiser. Among the new dealers is Rick Fairless’s Strokers Dallas in Dallas, Texas. Bikers Custom in El Paso, Texas, Bikers Dream in Alpharetta, Georgia, Rainbow Cycles in Rogers, Arkansas, etc. Terry Nesbit, President of Viper Motorcycle Company adds, “Shipments of the 2009 Diamondback will begin immediately. This model features leading proprietary Performance Viper Products. The heart of the Diamondback is the Viper 152 inch all billet short stroke engine producing 144 ft lbs of torque at the rear wheel”. Not for the faint of heart! Always nice to hear that a manufacturer has something new to bring to the market. Viper Motorcycle Company.

29 Responses to “Viper Motorcycle Announces New Dealers And 2009 152″ Diamondback Model”

1. 1 Brandon Apr 22nd, 2009 at 3:35 pm

We don’t hear much about Viper motorcycles. I guess they have a niche performance market with such a big engine. Does anyone know how many bikes they sell? Any feed back rom a Viper owner? Anyway, like Cyril wrote it’s great news to hear about companies doing new stuff (website in not very appealing)..

2. 2 Conrad Apr 23rd, 2009 at 1:56 am

OK OK OK…So let me get this straight It is a 152 CUBIC INCH V TWIN producing a WHOLE 144 ft lbs? Something doesnt add up to me here. Ok Ok so youve got the displacement put you dont have jackshit for power. What are they doing wrong? You want to have brag factor but I would rather say I am using one of my basic 124ci producing 150/150 hp than my 152″ has 144ft lbs…..Hmm Well I guess the 149″ my dad built for Retribution sounds almost unrealistic with its 273 whp 273.4 ftlbs torque……hmmmmmm 🙂

But anyways!!! Keep doing what you are doing Viper??? My words for you in a deep contemplative state on the numbers they produce from that engine.

3. 3 MM Billetworks Apr 23rd, 2009 at 6:32 am

Conrad, are your engines EPA compliant? Possibly Viper has their engines “detuned” to meet environmental restrictions?

Am sure someone from Viper can clarify as I have read good things about their powerplant.

4. 4 Cade Apr 23rd, 2009 at 6:53 am

Man let’s go for a ride ! Love these numbers from the 124″.

MM Billetworks …..Shhhhhhhhhh, keep quiet about the EPA . Hussian Obama might want the EPA to check into Conrads 124.

5. 5 Conrad Apr 23rd, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Yes the 124s are EPA compliant, thats my favorite part. 🙂

When and where man?!? I was just telling my dad the otherday I have to have my new bike done before Sturgis because I am riding there and back this year! A group ride would be quite fun

6. 6 Jeff Nicklus Apr 26th, 2009 at 4:00 pm

I know I am going to catch hell over this, but before i say it I will state without a doubt I mean nothing by this in a negaive/posiive manner … it is simply an observation and my own opinion………

These bikes sure look an awful lot like an American Ironhorse.

Again before all of you flip out on me …. this is my own opinion. I wish Viper the best!

Over & out,

7. 7 Fred P. Apr 26th, 2009 at 9:44 pm

Having made the cover of American Iron Magazine’s 2008 Buyers Guide in July with a non powered HD or S&S engine, I think says alot about how this bike may have impressed the magazine editors enough to venture away from the traditional.
    No longer being employed by Viper, I will tell you my quick thoughts on this bike.This is a bike that you need to ride to understand its technology. Hopefully, Viper will be out this summer with test rides.
    1 Viper has mated a rubber mounted engine to a softail styled frame. A patented coupler between the tranny and primary drive allows for this technology.
    2. Adjustable Fwd Controls for rider leg length changes. No need to buy extender plates.
    3. A Viper designed automatic air ride system that activates when a rider sits on the bike and automatically levels the bike, to each rider weight differences.
    4. Viper has a finger switch ( like a passing light switch used on metrics) that is tied into the gauges to allow transitioning information without taking you hands off handlebars.
    5. Body work is composite (except the gastanks) that reduces bike weight.
    6. Viper has solved the issue of belt breakage with a patented tranny plate that stops side to side belt flex.
    7. The engine is a short stroked 152 cu inch all billet monster that sounds like a 350 chevy engine to me, with the shorter piston stroke.With the 141 ft lbs of torque and 128HP, I don’t think anyone needs more. The FEEL of TORQUE, far out weighs the need for HP.
    8. Specially designed 2” Dia. handle bars with dampening agents in the bar ends.
    9. Oil in Frame technology that has been designed to produce better flow rates.
    10. I had seen the initial EPA test results on this carburated engine, before leaving the company, and it was burning as clean as a fuel injected V-Rod.
    Heck, go to youtube and see the 3RD gear standing start burn out on one of these babies.
    I see on their press release on marketwatch they have landed their own flooring for dealers. The closest feel of a cruiser with sportbike handling that I’ve ever been on.

I wish for them the best in this market. A bike like this has been a long time coming.
    I know they were working on a Model called the Mamba, (low and stretched). That was a sleek bike!

8. 8 Conrad Apr 27th, 2009 at 12:21 am

Fred P. ,

I hope they did their research on the oil in the frame deal you mention in #9. I believe Roger Bourget has a patent on somethings to do with Oil in the frame.

I will hear one in person soon, I hope. Once I do then, maybe, it will allow me to base my judgement on the engine better, I do not like the overall look but if the engineering is as great as you say I will appreciate the work. I do hope the motor sounds and acts as well as you say. If it does I maybe able to see if I cant get a hold of one and begin the tinkering aspect of “aftermarket ideas”.

9. 9 Fred P. Apr 27th, 2009 at 12:35 am

Conrad, Viper’s oil in frame technology does not work the same as Borget’s. Oil in frame has been around a little longer than you and me.

Oil-in-Frame (OIF) chassis, where the lubricating oil is stored in the frame of the motorcycle, was used for Vincent motorcycles of the fifties, and for a while during the 1970s, on some NVT British motorcycles. It was widely unpopular and generally regarded as a bad idea at the time. Today, it is a widely used idea on “thumpers” (single-cylinder four-strokes) that usually have a dry-sump lubrication requiring an external oil tank. It has since gained some cache in modern (2006) custom bike world too because of the space saving it can afford and the reference to an earlier era. Buell motorcycles employ a similar design—the oil is held in the swingarm, while the fuel is held in the frame.

You will Love the ride!! Be safe out there.

10. 10 Jeff Nicklus Apr 27th, 2009 at 9:32 am

Fred P,

1: Titan had the same or similar Rubber Mounted Softail in 1999-2000 (?) it was called their “Phoenix”.

2: Body work is composite – is that Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber?

3: Stopped belt break …… yeah right! Give me 141 lbs of torque and I will snap a conventional belt like a rubber band. Also breakage is one problem the other is the torque causing the belt to jump gears … how has that been solved?

4: Oil in frame …. you ar ecorrect it has been around forever and does, if routed correctly, work very well and does free up some space on the bike for other items.

I, like you, wish Viper well.

Over & Out,

11. 11 Fred P. Apr 27th, 2009 at 10:12 am

Titan had a rubber mounted model, but the engine tranny and rear swingarm were tied together (Daytec) It was a very innovative design at the time. This was used on their hi end bikes Gecko, Roadrunners. The phoenix bikes were called the Phx RM, used smaller engines and lot less chrome bling! Viper is not of that design. The belt technology, you’d have to talk to a Viper engineer on that. That’s the claim, and I never saw them break one in testing from a year of employment with them. Man it was COLD in Minnesota!!!
    I think Conrad wrote he will be riding one soon or seeing one?
    Titan was just in Laughlin with their bikes. Viper was supposed to be at the New Orleans show according to Cyril blog article last week.

Hey, ya got to build an Obama bike. (I know you have a concept model in your mind)

12. 12 Jeff Nicklus Apr 27th, 2009 at 11:40 am

Fred P,

You are correct Sir …. I do have an idea for an OBAMA Bike …. I could go to all the parts manufacturers and force them to “give” me 8-9 times as many parts as I need for the bike. I could then contact the Federal Unemployment Adm. In DC and have them send me 200-300 unemployed minorities and another 200-300 “Undocumented Workers”. Once they arrive and get settled then could try to Organize ……. I could then fight a union organization play … naturally I would lose that fight … now the workers are “Organized” and I will have to pay an “Undocumented Worker” $85.00 hr to drive a fork lift etc. Considering that I can’t afford to pay those ridiculous types of wages I would then have to take a Greyhound Bus to DC to ask the Obama Administration for a bail out. Under the terms of that bail out I would receive $2-3 Billion U.S., however, I must resign as the President of my company to keep the Bail Out money. In my place the Obama Administration would appoint some low level government worker (who is wanted for tax evasion) to operate my company. Once the new company President has finished the Press Conferences, Photo Op’s and four (4) appearances on Oprah he could take my seat at the table. Well hell, by that time no one knows why this all started or that we are to build or for whom we are to build it ….. so the company shuts down and all the workers are displaced. Naturally I will be blamed personally for the company failure. One dark night, after the failure, the guys in the Black Trench Coats will show up at my house in the wee hours of the morning and induce a fatal heart attack in me, my family will be sued for my mismanagement of the company and all their assents will be confiscated. My home will be given to 8 “Undocumented Workers Families” to live in. My family will then be forced to apply for Food Stamps which will be denied them as they are white Americans and the root of all evil in the world.

Does that about sum that up?

Over & Out,

13. 13 Jeff Nicklus Apr 27th, 2009 at 11:43 am

That would be ….. “assets will be confiscated” ….. it’s Mondy give me a break!

Over & Out,

14. 14 Fred P. Apr 27th, 2009 at 12:48 pm

That’s one heck of a paint job. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. 15 Conrad Apr 27th, 2009 at 12:49 pm

Fred P,

My buddy Kyle told me about 3 days ago that he had purchased a bike that has a152″ motor but was unsure of the Model name at the time (bought on impulse because he just resigned a contract). The only possible choice I would say would be a Viper. He also told me that the dealer he bought it from sold it to him for about14k below his cost, whether that is true or not i dont know (my buddy isnt the smartest of people with his cash). He will have the bike back in my hometown in 2 weeks and I plan on giving it an extrememly long examination. I will not ride it as it is a competitors bike but I will start it and listen to it..maybe if I can cover all the decals and assure no photos will be taken I will take it around the neighborhood (its gated).

16. 16 Grayhawk Apr 27th, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Jeff, pretty funny, but why am I not laughing could be a lot of truth and/or future issues that may be coming down the pike in those comments! You may be mistaken or left it out on one point where the/your company would not close as they the forced hired workers being entitled would be there for life as entitled workers and instead of one person per bike you would have different people for each craft area and a few extra on payroll at home just incase one or more of them was not available to come to work.

17. 17 Jeff Nicklus Apr 27th, 2009 at 1:37 pm

I thought of that but I was trying to keep my scenario upbeat! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, don’t we all love the CHANGE!

Over & Out,

18. 18 Local Apr 27th, 2009 at 3:54 pm

A few years back, Viper used the name Norton for their bikes…that didn’t work out for the obvious infringement. When I was at their factory on Minnasota, several of the Viper branded bikes were still fitted with leftover Norton branded calipers. For those of you interested in questionable financial dealings, just check out this marquees’ history, and one John Lai. Also note the CFO is (or was) Peter Anton, formerly of American IronHores, and before that Titan version 1. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck…

19. 19 Jeff Nicklus Apr 27th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

OK, this is all starting to come together now! I knew they looked like the AIH bikes and now part of the AIH team shows up …..

Over & Out,

20. 20 srswain Apr 27th, 2009 at 7:19 pm

Jeff, Loved your thoughts on the Obama bike! How true it is! I just wish they (Obama’s team) would help pass this damn energy bill!

21. 21 Jeff Nicklus Apr 28th, 2009 at 9:13 am

I was thinking last night … I know that is hard to believe however, I believe Peter Anton was with Big Dog at one time ????? It seems that Nick Messer introduced me to Mr. Anton at Bike Week Daytona one year … Big Dog was always set up next to us on Beach Street …. Just can’t remember and I may be wrong.

Over & Out,

22. 22 Fred P. Apr 28th, 2009 at 10:05 am

Mr. Anton was with Big Dog for 10 years as their CFO.

23. 23 Jeff Nicklus Apr 28th, 2009 at 10:50 am

Fred P.,

I am jazzed that my memory is still functioning to some degree at least!

Over & Out,

24. 24 Local Apr 29th, 2009 at 8:49 am

Mr. Nicklus and Mr. Fred P., you are corrrect. My memory is not the greatest. Big Dog for years, then a shorter stint with AIH, then an effort to connect with John at Vengence Cycle.

25. 25 Tom May 10th, 2009 at 6:54 pm

I saw one of these yesterday at Strokers in Dallas. It sounded great! Prices are supposed to start about $39K.

26. 26 Bourgett2009 May 31st, 2009 at 11:10 am

I sat on one at Strokers. The seat is WAY to high. I didnt like it. The rear end looks like a Victory which all Victories to me look like something NASA made. I will not be buying a Viper. I will stick wih my Bourget.

27. 27 Fred P. May 31st, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Seat is way too high? It has a 26″ seat height! I like the Bourgets, though. Roger and Bridget run a tight company. Known Roger for many years, good man.

28. 28 T Sep 22nd, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Seat is not way to high.
    I am 5’4″ and I don’t have a problem riding mine.
    Awesome Power and The smoothest Tranny I have ever seen.

1. 1 Viper Motorcycle Announces New Dealers And 2009 152″ Diamondback … | BikesRegion.Com Pingback on Apr 28th, 2009 at 5:20 am