Sly. Please Don’t Sit On My Custom Bike…

stallone

Strangely, no custom builder refused Sylvester Stallone the right to sit on his bike when he stopped by last Saturday during the New Orleans Easyriders Bike Show!!! His most frequent question: is it balanced? So, he had to check and re-checked several of them, but didn’t buy any. Joe Palermo, owner of this bike got all excited by his Radical Class Second Place…and by this picture (thanks Marilyn).

Sly is in town to direct and shoot a few scenes of his new movie called “The Expandables” (corrected “Expendables”). Not surprisingly a story of mercenaires going to South America to overthrow a dictator. No new riding cameo appearance offered to me…

20 Responses to “Sly. Please Don’t Sit On My Custom Bike…”

1. 1 Nicker May 11th, 2009 at 8:40 pm

RE:
    “… His most frequent question: is it balanced?…”

Say what ….?

-nicker-

2. 2 Kirk Perry May 12th, 2009 at 2:00 am

“His most frequent question: is it balanced? So, he had to check and re-checked several of them, but didn’t buy any.”
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    That had to be one lilting, nectar-laden, info-bubble that bounced around the exhibit hall.
    I mean you got to feel a little sorry for the guy. Roaming around the place my himself. He had to come up with some lingo that would stop everybody in their tracks. “I’ll ask them if their motors are balanced”, he thought. “The builders won’t know what to say.”

Exhibitors question: “What did Sil have to say?”, they asked each other.

Collective answer: “He asked (after pulling in the clutch lever about 12 times, and twisting the throttle spirals about 20 – if the motors were………..balanced”.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Off the wall or what?? You gotta love the m/c industry….mis-guided as it is.

Jeeze those 1954-59 one-piece handlebars have been on back-order for about 2 yrs. from V-Twin® What’s with that?
    Plenty of ’60-74 two-piece bars though. Nobody wants them, but oh boy, there’s tons of them, new AND used. Now maybe, people will start cutting the spiral threaded ends of the useless for any-other-purpose ’60-74 bars and grafting them on to stock 1″ tubing and bend their own for wild customs.

3. 3 Cyril May 12th, 2009 at 6:30 am

Kirk. He asked if the fat tire custom bikes were balanced, meaning weight right/left. Not if the engine was balanced…Guess he knows a little bit about engine and transmission offset inside the frames to make a fat tire fit.

4. 4 Rock Star May 12th, 2009 at 7:24 am

Sly sitting on your bike?

You should have paid him.

5. 5 Marilyn Stemp May 12th, 2009 at 7:25 am

Cyril, are the guys from the Wicked Big Losers in the film with Stallone? I ask because that would explain the title, “The Expandables.” (smile) I think it’s to be called “The Expendables.”

6. 6 Cyril Huze May 12th, 2009 at 7:58 am

Marilyn. Of course, you are right. It’s called a lapsus, an involuntary mistake made while writing or speaking. According to Freud, in his early psychoanalytic theory it represents a missed deed that hides an unconscious desire…(did I write “desire”!?!)

7. 7 madpuppy May 12th, 2009 at 8:06 am

8. 8 madpuppy May 12th, 2009 at 8:08 am

I have to say , the builders were lucky to be standing there, or that little punk would have tried to steal it. I was a Teamster Driver for the studios back in the 70`s, and worked with Stallone on one of his first movies ( F.I.S.T. ). He would steal anything that wasn’t nailed down ! Besides being a punk thief, I heard him tell a little kid in a wheel chair, that asked for his autograph, ” Get the Fu– out of here ! Just my opinion, but I think Stallone is a thief, and a rude little uneducated punk. I wouldnt pay to see this ass hole in any movie.

9. 9 Cyril Huze May 12th, 2009 at 8:11 am

His 2 bodyguards were there, I guess just checking that nothing was taken from us! At last news, nothing missing after his (dis)appearance.

10. 10 Rodent May 12th, 2009 at 8:12 am

Seems like he’s a little unbalanced

11. 11 madpuppy May 12th, 2009 at 8:17 am

I tell you Cyril, his bodyguards were not very happy when he told the little kid to Fu– off ! PS, he probably couldn’t read the signs that said ” KEEP OFF ” LOL

12. 12 Kirk Perry May 12th, 2009 at 8:31 am

Good Morninginck 🙂

13. 13 Kicker May 12th, 2009 at 12:01 pm

I saw another website about this. He picked out several Bourget’s Bike Works bikes to be ridden by the major stars of the movie.

14. 14 Nicker May 12th, 2009 at 2:50 pm

Madpuppy

Interesting take on his character…….thanks for the heads up.

-BTW-
    While the rest of us went overseas to get shot at, Sylvester the war hero got his deferment teaching PE at some East Coast Girl’s School.

Sorry Cyril, that “balance” explanation is a real stretch. Sounds more like an attempt to save his image. A real waste of time.

The Industry needs his notoriety like it needs a depression.

-nicker-

15. 15 MJ May 12th, 2009 at 9:11 pm

Sly actually spent a lot of time talking with Brigitte Bourget on Saturday before he walked across the street to the Easyriders Show, where he bought a bike that was delivered to him today. He was back at the G. Smith Motorsports-Bourget’s Bike Works tent on Sunday, where he lined up 8 or 10 bikes that were on loan to him for Tuesday’s filming. He also spent time checking out all the bikes at Cycle Source Magazine/Limpnickie Lot’s first hard-core ride-in chopper show. He bought a bike from that show and also hired a local guy to do some bike painting for the show… so it was a pretty successful show for some builders. I don’t want to write more about it until I get my facts confirmed by Sly’s unit publicist, Sheyrl Main… but she did say that everyone was totally impressed by the “gorgeous green bike” delivered today by the builder, who spent 3 years building it. The bike has only 60 miles on it, she said.

16. 16 Jeff Nicklus May 13th, 2009 at 10:17 am

nicker,

Right on! Sylvester the war hero! What a guy!

Over & Out,

Jeff

17. 17 jatinder pal May 14th, 2009 at 12:44 am

He got money and can buy anything,thats why he was allowed to sit.It is as simple as that.

18. 18 Rott n cycle May 14th, 2009 at 7:48 am

To Mj The bike green bike was built by rott n cycles Lee mckenzie 3 months to build all house of color paint .Sold to Tommy Richardson won frist place in easyrider 5 times.

19. 19 TheDog May 17th, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I saw the green bike, it looked nice but that’s about it. Definitely all form and no function. If he did buy it I’m sure it will look nice sitting somewhere but you can be sure it not a rider.

20. 20 MJ May 22nd, 2009 at 2:07 pm

Thanks for the Rott n cycle info… it’s in my article about 3 more bikes bought by Stallone.

Thrifty Rent-A-Car System, Inc.
Affliction Holdings, LLC