Sorensen Performance Billet Heads For Harley Shovelhead Engines

sorensenshovelheadsgoodLove Harley-Davidson Shovelheads and owned a couple. But their engines have quite a few well-known and documented mechanical issues. In addition you may want to bring your Shovel into the 21st century with not only improved performance but the ability to make power equivalent to the more recent Evo and Twin Cam engines. Out of Canada a company called Sorensen Performance just introduced “Dual Tight Quench Heads” to make you forget about all what is bad in a Shovel.

Their  heads are 6061 Billet fully CNC machined and fully ported out of the box. They have 2.06 thin stem intake valve high tulip and 1.71 thin stem exhaust valve (for superior flow) high tulip and Manley .650 lift spring packages with titanium retainers. The intake port floor is raised 3/8” with a 1.750 intake opening. They added fin area around the entire head to improve cooling. They also added fin area to the top of the head to help eliminate overheating of the center part of the head. Their bolt on heads adds approximately ½% to 1% of compression. Sorensen Performance states that they produced a head that all others will be judged by. Talk directly to Mike at 306-761-0064 or read everything you wanted to know about these new shovelhead Heads by going to Sorensen Performance.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

6 Responses to “Sorensen Performance Billet Heads For Harley Shovelhead Engines”

1. 1 Lyle Jul 15th, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Huh, I didn’t know Shovels had and performance issues when compaired with twin cams and evos. I own 3 shovels and all of them
    are more powerful than my evo. Of course that’s only from the seat of my pants. The evo likes to spin faster and longer which is good for high speed riding, but the shovels will out perform my evo on a roll on. I suspect it’s due to the lean epa mandated carburation on my evo, but I’m also running a screaming eagle module and V&H pipes on it whereas the shovels are all running stock carbs, and drag pipes with one having an Super E. But the engines are basically stock on all of them. It’d be neat to see some sort of dyno comparison.

2. 2 A 1 cycles Jul 15th, 2009 at 1:21 pm

your shovel makes approx. 44 horse and your evo makes 66 avg. with 14 years dyno experience, seat of the pants is for flying not riding motorcycles

3. 3 Rock Star Jul 15th, 2009 at 5:41 pm

I thought the point of owning a Shovel was to avoid billet?

4. 4 Eric Jul 15th, 2009 at 6:24 pm

I was just on Sorensen’s site, I don’t see to many 93″ shovels over 100hp on pump gas.. I would think if you didn’t want the billet look you could easily aluminum oxide blast em and then bead blast them and they would look just like stock aluminum heads.

I’ll take the 50f drop and 100hp anyday over 65hp =o)

Eric

5. 5 shovelbill Jul 15th, 2009 at 7:26 pm

yea, i’ve been following these heads for around 2 years. as a matter of fact Mike is doing a set of OEM heads for my crazy little 80″ right now. still a hemi head but with a welded up and reshaped intake port, 2.02/1.71, .600″ lift triple spring setup. all top notch parts through out. they’ll flow around 260 cfm @ 28″ when he’s done. i’ll be doing a 96″ motor with the billet heads very soon. only thing is it will have one of Mike’s billet Panheads on the front as well, those are in the works right now . billet chromemoly roller rockers, evo conversion lifter blocks and such. Mike has a passion for shovels and an even bigger passion for power. i know that his parts will be the benchmark in performance for our venerable motors. go check his web site or give him a call, he’s easy to talk to. Bill

6. 6 Eric Jul 15th, 2009 at 11:39 pm

Oh hey check it out.. Sorensen is on the front cover of *Theclubhousemagazine.com*
    E