2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom

2010harleyroadglidecyrilhuzThe new Road Glide® Custom model tries to look leaner and meaner with a new slammed suspension, 18-inch front wheel and features a smooth tail light assembly. This bagger rolls with new swagger. The innovative Harley-Davidson® Touring chassis is based on a single spar, rigid backbone frame and a stout swingarm developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders and today’s more powerful engines.

An aerodynamic, frame-mounted fairing incorporates dual headlamps, a cockpit-style instrument display with silver-faced gauges, and two glove-box storage compartments. The frame-mounted fairing offers lighter steering feel than a fork-mounted fairing. New head lamp trim replaces the clear cover used on previous Road Glide models, improving serviceability. A low-profile dark windshield creates a sleek shape up front. GTX nylon hard saddlebags have color-matched latches.The 6-speed Cruise Drive® transmission is fitted with a new helical-cut fifth gear for smooth operation (picture copyright H-D)

7 Responses to “2010 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom”

1. 1 Mike Greenwald Jul 27th, 2009 at 7:23 am

Let’s see, are these good changes?

HD put a stubby windshield on.
    Lowered the suspension.
    Removed the cruise control as standard.
    Fewer choices for color.
    Changed the headlight trim.
    Changed the exhaust.
    Increased the price.

These changes were done to improve what?

2. 2 Ed Halcomb Jul 27th, 2009 at 7:34 am

I wonder when mine will be delivered?

3. 3 Slag Jul 27th, 2009 at 9:31 am

Let me know when you find out what changes were done to improve what?

4. 4 Mike Greenwald Jul 27th, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Looks like it was changed to a bar-hopper with make up bags.

5. 5 USA Jul 27th, 2009 at 9:01 pm

There looking for the niche in the market.
    We do a model that we fell is right and they study it.

We keep trying I guess?

Let’s try another one.

6. 6 Levi Jul 27th, 2009 at 10:10 pm

Seems as though HD has watched what most of us current Road Glide owners have done to our bikes, short windshield, slammed suspention, screamin eagle headlight bezel, cleaned up tail-lights assembly. Hmm, that was thinking outside the box but I guess when my 2010 is delivered (oh wait, a month ago HD said they were dropping the FLTR Road Glide from the lineup for 2010) I will have to look for other modifications.

7. 7 Brian Rankin Dec 29th, 2009 at 9:08 am

I purchased a new 2009 Road Glide in March of 2009 when I first heard the rumors of this model being dropped by Harley Davidson. After seeing what the motor company did with this bike for 2010 I am of the opinion that dropping the model would have been a better option. Lets see, less suspension travel, less wind protection, no cruse control as standard and a higher price, but I’ll guarantee a higher profit margin for Harley.