2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible

2010flstse-1Now in its 11th year, the mission of the Harley-Davidson CVO program is to design and build limited-production factory-custom motorcycles for customers who appreciate of owning and riding a very special motorcycle. Among the 2 new CVO models for 2010, the CVO Softail Convertible. It is conceived by Harley to be used as a touring motorcycle with a comfortable passenger seat and padded backrest but can be easily stripped down to reveal a more aggressive solo-seat cruiser. It features a rear suspension design with a comfortable chassis, a fuel-injected twin cam 110B V-Twin engine with a brand new Ventilator high-flow engine air intake, six speed Cruise Drive transmission, and 18-inch chrome aluminum Stinger wheels. Limited edition has a price: although MSRP price is not definitive, it is rumored to be $27,999. with a 1803cc engine. Harley-Davidson (picture copyright H-D)

15 Responses to “2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible”

1. 1 tattooeddmike Jul 30th, 2009 at 8:06 am

As always, Thanks Cyril for keeping us up on the news @ HD….. Gotta say it seems that Harley must really need the $$ to go out and do this to a softail. If I had the $$ I would think that I would just buy the Bagger and be done with it…. I would think that putting the quick mounts on a bagger with the right bags, fairing, rack out back would be a better ride…. I’ve got an older S/T that’s been my main ride for years and when going long distance I really load it down… bigger bags, with the luggage rack and bag on the front-end…. works for me. But for someone who has the $$, it just might appeal to……….. just my 2 cents…… or thinking out loud.

2. 2 Bobfather Jul 30th, 2009 at 9:22 am

Wow, did I read that right? Almost $28k for a softail with bags and a windshield? I thought I was seeing things. In an ever shrinking market with less and less discretionary income I’m surprised the rocket scientists at the Motor Co. really think this is a good idea. Lots and lots of less expensive ways to get a better bike with a much better ride quality.

3. 3 J Jul 30th, 2009 at 9:40 am

LOL! Harley builds a Victory…….

4. 4 FUJI Jul 30th, 2009 at 9:50 am

I had to copy this statement.
    The most expansive new-product introduction in the history of the Motor Company.
    They hope to achieve a fusion of tradition and ” technology ” in a motorcycle product line across six model platforms that offers more power, luxury, and style, and more ” value” .

5. 5 Pitbull Jul 30th, 2009 at 10:08 am

6. 6 FUJI Jul 30th, 2009 at 10:55 am

Have you ever looked and looked at a piece of art and just didn’t get it until you read a little card explaining what the artist thoughts are ?

Then you walk away and say to yourself hell the real artist could just be the person who wrote the card / or I understand it now, I think.

What I see here is a bike that instead of being stock and being sold in std trim then loaded up with extras, harder to finance . Way over MSRP

Another model is created [ same bike ] with accessories and a higher MSRP then financing falls into the guide lines of the loan co.

Win win for the Co and its Accessory div. If one doesn’t get the picture read the card below
    | Remember the old saying there is an ass for every seat and a new trick for every day. |
    | Old Harley tricks, snow them with BS |

7. 7 Stephen Curtis(Quik Chanj Chops). Jul 31st, 2009 at 7:24 am

They are beautiful bikes and I like the idea. I only wish I could afford one. Instead I have to buy bikes from oversees that are loaded with plastic-something I dispise on a bike”. I bought a 109R in 07 and have taken off every piece of plastic I could find. I now like the bike and it is very original. I heard of one man buying the 109 and putting in into a Redneck Engeenering frame. Once again I wish I could afford this. Instead I have to buy where I don’t want to, to get an engine that has it all. I still love my Sportster 883 custom. I really don’t think H.D. made a mistake, I believe the Sportsters will sell. I have a great invention that would help them sell if someone would just try it. I am trying to get a trademark and logo as we speak.
    thanks for listening
    Quik Chanj Chops

8. 8 steveb Jul 31st, 2009 at 8:02 am

what a mess – between the busy paint, bags, windshield/screen and front fender fitting poorly – i dont see a sweet integrated design, rather I see a confused parts bin project

i do, however like the idea of a convertible – very handy – and i’d look at the FXR series as being convertibles done well

9. 9 FUJI Jul 31st, 2009 at 8:32 am

I can feel your pain but todays world is plastic. there are many old Jap bikes in my area ridden daily with the plastic parts and to my surprise if you weigh out the componets on the bikes the plastic most of the times is in better condition than the metal especially the chrome and I live in a semi tropical area.

If you were to remove every thing plastic your bike would not run. Where does one draw the line,

We have to be forward thinking to some degree and what wuld you rather throw away plastic or metal that was not of your taste.

Fiberglass and carbon fiber both fall into the plastic category . I like metal but cannot split hairs that close.

10. 10 Hellraiser Aug 1st, 2009 at 1:11 am

That’s gotta be the ugliest softail rolling out from the factory. Give me a break an FLH front fender, a couple of bags, some odd looking fairing and a 110CI does not make this a master piece. You are better off saving your money and modiying 2009 stock model

11. 11 metalarts Aug 3rd, 2009 at 2:05 pm

Wow..$$$.. I guess I’m lucky to have a Softail to ride around thw area with friends solo and a FLH for the long rides and when my sweetie wants a little wind in her face….and I don’t have a whole lot more in the two bikes than the sticker price of the convertible.

12. 12 DAVID G BYERS Aug 3rd, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Why would anyone want a 110B (counterbalanced) ANYTHING???
    With the exception of HDMC who’s MO is to eliminate warranty issues (vibration=issues)
    While I’m at it REALIZE the HP loss of the 02 sensors people!
    Again the MO is to eliminate warranty claims…
    We who build understand…

13. 13 Bubba Aug 11th, 2009 at 12:08 am

Apparently nobody here can grasp the concept of the softtail CVO convertible, this is one of the 1st cruisers that can be packed w/
    50lbs of weekend necessities or stripped down to a lightweight for everyday town riding that the feminine gender can ride, which one of is my spouse at 5’1. Presently she is on her 3rd Softtail Deluxe and has logged over 100,000 miles in the last 5 years, thus she immediatedy recognized the benefits of the CVO convertible.
    Has anyone ever kept track of the cost of customizing a standard softtail to accomodate a rider of short stature, we have, and it topped more than the sticker price of the convertible without any engine modifications, thus the 110 performance is pretty much a freebee,
    Granted, most women are not motorheads, but the ones who ride w/ the big baggers everyday like my spouse, are the 1st to appreciate the extra passing power and torque of the 110, you can pass quickly w/o having to downshift and over revving the motor to maintain interstate speeds.
    To each his own, that’s why there are so many brands on the market, just like car brands, but in conclusion don’t knock what you don’t know.

14. 14 cub Aug 25th, 2009 at 12:58 pm

What a beautiful bike…and the paint job is out of this world. I travel a lot and enjoyed my touring bike for the comfort and load capacity but really missed the cruiser for shorter rides. Now we can have the best of both worlds and a 110 to boot! Great job Harley. I’m definitely looking forward to mine.

15. 15 Adam Mar 30th, 2011 at 8:05 am

I recently purchased one and think that it is beautiful !!! Most people on here talking shit about the bike simply cant afford one !