Winner Modified Harley-Davidson Class At AMD World Championship

hotdreams1hotdreams2hotdreams3With a Harley Panhead, you go either way. A faithful restoration or a radical make over A shop called “Hot Dreams” of  Marbella (gorgeous Spanish city in the Malaga region famous for its wines, but it’s another stoty) went the full custom way to compete in Sturgis in the Modified Harley Class, this ear sponsored for the 1st time by the mother factory. Builder Ferry Clot (doesn’t sound Spanish to me), rebuilt the 74” engine of this 1956 FL to the OEM specs, used a Morris magneto, a Linkert M74 with sidevalve stack, modified the frame by replacing the front tubes (notice the twisted shape), shortened 2 rigid rear 2”, transformed an original 1998 Springer front end into a Girder and massaged a new gas tank and fenders. The new Pan rolls on Dux Industries 23 x 3.5” wheels dressed with Avon Cobra tires. An efficient modern Panhead. Hot Dreams Of Marbella (picture copyright HRF/AMD).

10 Responses to “Winner Modified Harley-Davidson Class At AMD World Championship”

1. 1 Bonneville´s fastest naked man... Aug 11th, 2009 at 10:16 am

I am more than proud about my friend Ferry winning the World Championship for the second time. He has been working hard for years and this bike speaks by itself. Felicidades, Maestro !!!!

2. 2 Kirk Perry Aug 11th, 2009 at 11:14 am

19″ rims? Nimble. Lots of work sitting there.

I always like the Costa del Sol, especially the area north of Marbella around the coastal city Fuengirola (a.k.a Funky-rolla). Great rotisserie crisp-glazed chicken and Paella in that region.
    Ever take the ferry from Malaga over to Mellilla, Spain in North Africa? You can leave the ferry and enter Morocco and ride the 39 to Tetla-Ketama. Nice setting way up in the coastal High Atlas. Nothing but the sound of the wind through the eucalyptus, sitting at an outdoor cafe with a sepsi of keif and sweet mint tea.

3. 3 Steve Carr Aug 11th, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Now this is the style that makes my heart beat. Raw, Bare Bones, and All Business. This guy understands what cool is, and how to build it.

Steve Carr

4. 4 Kirk Perry Aug 11th, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Oh yea, 23 x 3.5″.
    And look under the bottom tree. He’s used those short WLR grips, spiral and internal coil(s) for the Linkert gas feed that he had to run the extra distance through the ulta-buckhorns.
    I bet he has a left side timer control coil for the magneto too.
    Your sick, man.

5. 5 Kirk Perry Aug 11th, 2009 at 5:15 pm

I’d like to know the rim and bead detail. That’s a 23″ drop-center rim then, like an early Big Twin, and the rim bead looks a little higher than a “clincher” rim.
    Please don’t say it’s a clincher rim (falls off at-speed like an warped O-ring. Forgetabout it.
    Maybe it’s more of a M-T 90 “safety bead”, because it looks like that sled will do 65 mhp.
    What’d you do with the clutch release arm? Where’s that?

I see you have that oil breather (snoot) capped. There’s some other stuff in there I’m finding out about.
    Suicide clutch I reckon, but there’s no connection to the clutch release arm. Where’s the clutch release arm…. dude?
    Pretty nice. Capturing the antique elements and nimble performers are where it’s at. Deep respects for keeping the motor 74 cu. in. (and within the HD 0.070 overbore spec’s. Bravo. NOBODY builds 74 cu. in. in the USA, because of peer pressure).

We’d like to see it roll.

How about a U-Tube “axle-cam” video along the 340? Your could get funding for something like this from Spain. They’re big on bikes.

We all had Ossa®’s a Bultaco® 250’s in the 60’s They ran good. We never wore helmets.

6. 6 nicker Aug 11th, 2009 at 8:37 pm

Very Cool………!!!

And exclusive to boot.

Old is New………. 🙂

7. 7 Harley Davidson Junkie Aug 12th, 2009 at 10:25 am

Sweet styling on this one. Rugged, rough, and mean looking. It could possibly be intimidating running into 6 or 7 riders on these all decked out in black.

I am wondering about that seat though…looks like a ball-buster.

8. 8 Ferry Clot Aug 21st, 2009 at 5:43 pm

Thank´s Cyril to mention me and my work here. Thank you Adolfo from Bonneville. Great guy and friend. Thank you all to express yourself.

9. 9 Ferry Clot Aug 21st, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Bi the way Kirk, the clutch release arm doesn´t exist because i runned hydraulic lines under the engine and tranny. No cable here. Oops!

10. 10 marc (canada) Aug 25th, 2009 at 6:00 pm

HI FERRY, hope u had a good flight back home … as for your bike its such a masterpiece once again u brought your A game….your like a legend now ahahah!!! no but twice world champ, il have to get my S*?T togheter for 2011, cuz i know u skip a year like i do..IM HAPPY WITH MY 3rd place tho, by the way i have a lot of pictures of when we go to the harley davidson show deal, so send me an email on my email so i can send them to you, and im trying to talk my wife into going to marbella to see you and your wife….dont work to hard i want a chance at the podium agin in 2011 lololo! heres my email… talk to u later ferry and great job awsome bike!!