Indian Motorcycles Cash For Clunker

cashforclunkersThe Cash For Clunker incentive was a huge success for cars. And it gave inspiration and motivation to Indian Motorcycles to launch a campaign to tell you to bring your trade and your Indian Dealer will give you an additional $3000 towards your new 2009 Indian Chief. Here the rules: your trade must be street legal, 100 CC or larger and i rung and rideable condition. No moped, scooters or dirt bikes. Trade must have clear title. This program cannot be used in conjunction with any pther program. Indian Motorcycles reserves the right to alter or terminate this program any time at their sole discretion and without notice. Indian Motorcycles.

7 Responses to “Indian Motorcycles Cash For Clunker”

1. 1 FREDP Sep 1st, 2009 at 5:32 pm

I always wondered why our “motorcycle lobbyists” (if there really are any)did not get a foot in the door on this cash for clunkers.
    Trade a clunker CAR in for a motorcycle. Better gas milage, less space taken up on our roads, cleaner emissions. I would never give up my old bikes, but heck, my clunker car would have been no problem!
    How many more gas guzzler cars could have gotten off the road, along with helping keep jobs in OUR Industry.

2. 2 nicker Sep 1st, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Wow $3k…..!

But what’s this
    “…Indian Motorcycles reserves the right to alter or terminate this program any time at their sole discretion and without notice…”

Deals off already…..???
    So, zat-mean they won’t gimmy $3k for my 42FL…… ???

Bummer….. NOT!

3. 3 Doc Robinson Sep 2nd, 2009 at 6:37 am

This is, in my opinion, a rather smart marketing approach. $3000 is not to be sneezed at and might well tip some ‘maybe buyers’ over into definite purchasers.

4. 4 Greg Hoeve Sep 3rd, 2009 at 10:46 am

It’s still just a Heritage clone with frilly leather and a full rear fender. Any bets on when this iteration of a failed idea comes to an end?

5. 5 Geno Sep 8th, 2009 at 8:51 am

Indian who?
    are they still in business?

6. 6 r.alan Sep 12th, 2009 at 7:46 am

It would seem to me,ignorant as I am of these things, it would take a staggering amount of time, money, ingenuity,perserverance,vision, and faith to breath life back into Indian Motorcycle Company. If one would contemplate the scope of this endeavour, (emphasis on contemplate), one would realise just how overwhelming this challenge would be. There has to be much more at stake in this venture than simply making someone rich, or ticking off Harley riders, or the myriad of other creative reasons I’ve seen in this blog. The man who conceived and lauched this dream, along with his team of like minded visionaries, it would seem to me, is trying to refire, not only Indian Motorcycle Company, but also the American dream. My prayers are with them, count me in.

R.Alan…2001 Centennial Chief

1. 1 Indian Motorcycles Cash For Clunker | Harley Forums USA Pingback on Sep 4th, 2009 at 7:27 am