Exclusive. Sneak Preview Of Lorenzo Lamas Cycles Limited Edition Icon

lorenzolamasiconmotorcycle1lorenzolamasiconmotorcycle2lorenzolamasiconmotorcycle3Two months after striking their powerhouse partnership at Sturgis, Lorenzo Lamas and Eddie Trotta are putting the final touches on Lorenzo’s first signature model ahead of Biketoberfest 2009.  Judging by this statement from Lorenzo, the limited-edition Lorenzo Cycles Icon has the “Renegade” all fired up:

“To all my lane-splitting brothers and sisters out there, I’m proud to announce that the world’s sickest shovelhead chopper is about to be let out of the barn. This fire-breathing, asphalt-chewing sled is the 30-year dream bike I’ve been waiting for. 93 inches of pure freedom, expression & horsepower!” says Lorenzo.

According to Lorenzo Cycles CEO, Chad Greulach, two versions of the limited-edition Icon will be available starting Oct. 15. The standard setup will be powered by an Ultima 120” motor, sit on 80-spoke stainless wheels and retail at $52k. An ultra-premium version of the Icon will also be available and feature a Trotta-signature S&S Anniversary Edition 93” Shovelhead motor, an open belt drive by Evil Engineering and Trotta-modified mag wheels by RC Components.  The price-point for the ultra-premium Lorenzo Cycles Icon is set at $63k. Both models will feature new Lorenzo-signature upsweeps by Eddie Trotta, though exhaust can be traded out for other designs in the Thunder Cycles collection based on customer preference.

Only 13 numbered units of the Lorenzo Cycles Icon will be sold and deposits are being accepted now at sales@lorenzocycles.com. During Biketoberfest the Ultra-Premium Icon model will be displayed at Eddie Trotta’s Trailer located at the International Speedway.

48 Responses to “Exclusive. Sneak Preview Of Lorenzo Lamas Cycles Limited Edition Icon”

1. 1 John E Adams Oct 1st, 2009 at 6:06 pm

WOW!!! Always amazed Eddie -;0)

Cheers!

John

2. 2 Dave Blevins Oct 1st, 2009 at 8:22 pm

Hope you guys sell a bunch of ’em !

3. 3 J Oct 1st, 2009 at 11:12 pm

Clearly, the same hair-care products…..

4. 4 Steve Carr Oct 2nd, 2009 at 12:38 am

With all due respect to all parties involved…….this is an Eddie Trotta Bike all day, shovel head or not. There is no Lorenzo influence here what so ever.

Keep up the good work Eddie!

Steve Carr

5. 5 Manhattan Choppers Oct 2nd, 2009 at 1:52 am

How many 60 k bikes are selling no offense. Eddie doesn’t really need ll and visa versa really.. Just like the last guy ll hooked up with last time why didn’t that work?? All the best though eddie is awesome of course.. See it in 2 weeks..

6. 6 Manhattan Choppers Oct 2nd, 2009 at 1:54 am

Shaq bike is a jj and way better right now selly for 38 on ebay,just a thought.

7. 7 Rock Star Oct 2nd, 2009 at 5:43 am

someone would pay for a Lorenzo Lamas bike? seriously?

8. 8 Brian Oct 2nd, 2009 at 6:40 am

Personally, I would think that a Trotta bike with an LL badge would be worth less than with a Trotta badge.

I certainly wouldn’t ride around on a bike with a LL badge………..but my wife might

Eddie just needs a moustache and they would look like brothers…………the Corsican brothers:-)

9. 9 THE TRUTH! Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:24 am

There must be an abundance of arrogance, ignorance and stupidity in Hollywood, or maybe it’s all that legal Cali MJ. Lorenzo who? Lorenzo who cares? Lorenzo, just because you where in a B-list biker TV show a lifetime ago, dosn’t make you a real biker, and your definitely not a builder. So why would anyone spend there hard earned cash on a high dollar Lorenzo chopper built by Eddie Trotta. I don’t know about the rest of the motorcycle world, but I am sick and tired of famous types like Steven Tyler, and Lorenzo Lamas trying to use their fame and fortune to buy there way into our industry.

It strikes me as a little insane, that in economic times like these, where even the Motor Company is struggling to survive, that these idiots would start a company to build custom motorcycles based on some wannabe Hollywood biker. This business plan sounds fool hardy at best. Honestly, Chad, Lorenzo and there investors would have been better served using the money to day trade. Come on guys, if you haven’t noticed the chopper thing is dead, Yawn! You guys probably could have cashed in but unfortunately you are about three years to late, enjoy the ride because it will be short!

10. 10 Brandon Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:30 am

I understand the negative reactions, but at the same time Lorenzo Lamas is free to spend/invest his money the way he wants, including motorcycles. He is not less bikers than many. He has more to lose than ET because in any case, ET is paid to build and like all top custom builders he was starving for work. He has big bills…

11. 11 Shifter Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:34 am

Ex tv show partner Branscombe Richmond disappeared from the custom bike scene. But i thnk he was smart enough to no invest in the business, but received money on each bike for use of his name + appearance fees.

12. 12 Grayhawk Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:43 am

True powerhouse partnership as pictured above, one a working, one a watching.

13. 13 bigalyts Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:50 am

Boy oh Boy you don’t get it “TRUTH” ! What are you with the “Investment Police” ? You are a Moron ! Guys like this make things happen ! They buy Frames, Exhausts, Motors, Mirrors, etc. They bring People into Daytona and other Shows to look and while they are there looking at Lorenzo’s Dream they are eating and drinking and buying Hotel rooms and Space at the Show ! They are making things happen, they are part of what is going to save the Industry ! Their Bikes are Price Point $40,000 area. Eddie does not do those price Bikes! Go Eddie !

14. 14 THE TRUTH! Oct 2nd, 2009 at 8:23 am

If you want to help our economy there are better ways to do it, building bikes for $60k + is not the way! In this case Eddie has sold out, I can’t blame him because he needs to pay his bills just like the rest of us. If this doesn’t work out, maybe Chad, Lorenzo and Eddie can run boats down south together, I hear thats a big money maker!

15. 15 Bobfather Oct 2nd, 2009 at 9:06 am

Their price points do seem a tad out of line, especially considering the powerrplant they’re using. The rest of this industry, well at least in our shop, are trying to maintain the ultra high quality we have always had yet still manage to get price points where people can afford them. While they may be using the term “custom” there seems to be a little bit of a production element going on too. Curious how many of the specs can be dictated by the client at $50-60k.

16. 16 Chad Greulach Oct 2nd, 2009 at 9:31 am

Our goal has always been to reach our customer with products they can afford. While our former builder was able to bolt together bikes for $40k, once we learned more about the detail, hand-shaping and time Eddie puts into his bikes, we reached our published price-points. We realized that cookie-cutter template builds wouldn’t promote the sense of freedom, expression and horsepower we’re all about. Each of these 13 bikes will be hand-built by Eddie and fit to each customer. We’ve always promised our bikes would range from $45k-$65k and we delivered on our word. We realize times are tough for many Americans and we guarantee Lorenzo Cycles will offer products within everyone’s reach. We’ve been very conscious of this as we’ve developed our catalogue of apparel, jewelry and other products, available this Fall/Winter. For those riders in a position to invest in a superbike of this caliber, we’re proud to introduce the Lorenzo Cycles Icon. For all you lady riders, we’ll build you a bike you’ll feel like a million bucks on, too!

17. 17 THE TRUTH! Oct 2nd, 2009 at 9:44 am

Dose it even matter what spec’s the customer can choose ? Who is this customer anyway? Could someone please tell me who is spending 60k on any bike by any builder? I personally I don’t think they will sell one bike, however if they do It will be to some rich fag with more money than common sense!

The shame in all this is that there are hundreds of shops out there that build some awesome bikes at a reasonable price who are trying to survive while these idiots rape and pillage what is left of our once great industry! It’s over priced, over rated, bullshit like this that put the V-Twin industry on it’s ass, or don’t you all remember the OCC. Mainstream America has had it’s fill and it has moved on! When will we say “its enough is enough”!

18. 18 THE TRUTH! Oct 2nd, 2009 at 10:06 am

Chad,

Investment? You can’t be serious? The term Investment, would imply that these bikes will be worth more tomorrow then today! Unless you own a classic Vincent or a bike owned by Steve McQueen the chances that your motorcycle will be worth more tomorrow are slim and none!

I am not sure that Hollywood is in touch with average America, but last time I checked HD was struggling to sell there bikes in the sub $20k market segment, and Big Dog and Iron Horse where filing for Bankruptcy. Stick with the clothing line and leave the bikes to the bikers. I know this motorcycle thing is all new for you Chad, but the SUPERBIKES are the motorcycles that will be inside the speedway going 180mph, not the ones parked in Eddies booth! There is nothing SUPER about molded BONDO!

19. 19 Jimmy B Oct 2nd, 2009 at 10:16 am

Free-enterprise, get over it… People can spend their own money how they want, on what they want. If you don’t understand that, don’t believe in that or cannot attract that customer… get over it and move on. Everyone talks about America and freedom, yet people get pissed when one person can figure out how to sell people what they want, for more money. I am positive that if some “rich fag with more money than common sense” walked in to spend money with you, you wouldn’t talk or treat him like your comments on this blog. If you do, then you don’t need his business or his money… and you should not be wasting time writing this negative blathering. Yes, I said blathering.

20. 20 Grayhawk Oct 2nd, 2009 at 10:22 am

Chad, how did the former builder/partner, (Ralph), go from the master builder that was the perfect match to former builder that bolts bikes together for $40k. Not meeting a deadline is an issue but why the slam to justify a price point increase you had stated you would hold, your creditability slips as easily as the changing of the script.

“Everyone loves the spirit of the open road and embraces individuality. My motorcycle company will embody this ideal. We will combine unique but timeless designs with a ‘wild west vibe’ and the reliability and workmanship that only my partner, master builder Ralph Randolph, can deliver.

“I’ve waited a long time for this perfect storm of creative forces to come together and I’ve seen a lot of styles and fads come and go. What’s here to stay is, “‘build quality'” and timeless design, and I’m stoked to be able to share that with all of you on our rides and at our events.

“Till then, keep the shiny side up!”

–Lorenzo Lamas

excerpt from the following link:

All may be better served if you just sold what Eddie is building, just never was impressed when one steps on another to advance the new days outlook.

21. 21 Jeff Nicklus Oct 2nd, 2009 at 10:40 am

Adam, (The Truth)

I think you may be off base with your perspective on the over $60K crowd. You ask the question ” who is spending 60k on any bike by any builder?” ….. I won’t name my customers by name however, I will say this: All my Jeff Nicklus Customs bikes start at $75K. I currently have 38 bikes on order and in various states of completion in my shop. As a matter of fact I am currently only accepting new orders from existing clients. As Eddie can attest there are customers in the market place who can and do afford this “art form” every day. Not everyone in this country (and/or the world for that matter) is struggling financially.

My problem, as is the problem with the whole of the industry, is not in selling the “Big Buck” bikes; my problem is selling my Desperado Motorcycles line of bikes. Basically bikes selling in the $20K-$40K price range are all but impossible to turn in today’s economic environment. As this price point of motorcycle is the portion of the market place that typically requires financing of a new vehicle and as we all know financial dollars have dried up. Note; This last weekend in Thunder Beach we sold three (3) Desperado’s ….. I was both pleased and shocked at the same time. With that said I should also note that in each case the customer had the discretionary income to write a check and no financing was required.

In conclusion: I believe Eddie will sell every bike that he and Lorenzo produce. Anyway that is my two cents on the subject.

Over & Out,

Jeff

22. 22 THE TRUTH! Oct 2nd, 2009 at 11:03 am

I have no problem with Free Enterprise, it is the backbone of America! The freedom to spend (waste) your money on anything you chose is a god given right here in America. The unfortunate part of this is that we the people have been screwing each other for so long that it has become the single most determining factor for our now less than great reality-economy. We don’t have to screw each other over to make a living, where I from thats down right un-American, can you say Enron! The last thing the V-twin industry needs right now is another celebrity wannabe here for the money!

Chad said it best;
    “We realize times are tough for many Americans and we guarantee Lorenzo Cycles will offer products within everyone’s reach. We’ve been very conscious of this as we’ve developed our catalogue of apparel, jewelry and other products, available this Fall/Winter”.

What he is really saying is we know you can’t afford our overpriced bikes so you just buy the T-Shirt and pose! Sounds like another get rich scheme to be perpetrated against unsuspecting American’s. In the end LLC will be nothing more than a bunch of hype and a collection of t-shirts and apparel, oh yea, kinda sounds like OCC without the TV show.

23. 23 Manhattan Choppers Oct 2nd, 2009 at 11:25 am

What consitutes a “real biker” a black harley shirt.. ? Lamas has been riding all his life and I quess since I shower and dont wear harley gear Im not a real biker either.. I just build them…Quite a bit of what truth says is right but so is what jeff says.. Look at jesse, he’s having no prob on back orders…We all have passion for bikes lets act like brothers..Peace be with you..

24. 24 Jeff Nicklus Oct 2nd, 2009 at 11:32 am

Steve Carr,

Dude, Congratulations of your Win (several wins actually) in Thunder Beach! The bike is cool and you guys deserved the Trophy …. and Check! Maybe a picture and a Press Release to Cyril is in order …. Hint!

Over & Out,

Jeff & Crew!

25. 25 John Oct 2nd, 2009 at 12:21 pm

Hey Truth,why are you so pissed off,nobody says you have to invest anything did they?Any time or money from you?And as far as calling anyone a wannabe,what about you? Who are you?I don’t personally know Lorenzo Lamas but saw him more than 20 years ago at the All Harley Drags at LA County Drag Strip in Palmdale.he was sitting in the stands by himself enjoying the spectacle like everyone else not drawing any attention to himself until some of the girls that came with us insisted on talking to him. He was very friendly and down to earth and polite and you could tell though he wanted to get back to watching the racing.When it was all over we saw that he rode out of there by himself on a Hog.

26. 26 sidewinder Oct 2nd, 2009 at 12:43 pm

I’m sure Lorenzo’s heart is in the right place but obviously the hollywood economy is much different than the rest of the country!.
    I love Trotta bikes & the pics of the frame looks incredible. Great molding & lines. However a motor you can get for about $5k on a $52 base model bike is a little concerning. Obviously the target market is not the mainstream but the rich collector crowd. They are targeting tshirts & bracelet for the regular riders.

27. 27 Chad Greulach Oct 2nd, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Thanks for the support we’re seeing here and we’re getting through your calls and emails! Lorenzo Cycles obviously made a correction at Sturgis and yes, we do continue to learn as we grow.

One thing we’ve learned along the way is that a major bike takes a little more time to build and costs a little more. Understanding this, we shifted our original business model from volume production of inexpensive bikes to a superior quality product that costs more. Still, we were able to stay within the target price-range we promised earlier this year.

Whether you’re installing a new counter-top or putting a deposit on one of our bikes, you pay for quality of the materials and craftsmanship. Our entire brand, from our silver to our apparel to our Patron is top shelf. Luxury?…yes. Fairly-priced?…always.

Unlike HD, Big Dog and others sitting on excess inventory and having to compensate with cut-backs and layoffs, Eddie is building each Icon and future design one bike at a time. For the record, Lorenzo’s not turning wrenches on our bikes…Eddie’s just making Lorenzo’s “dream stable” a reality.

We’re all about the lifestyle. The rides for charity, partying at the Broken Spoke and waking up late on Sunday morning. It’s about the experience. Whether you ride with us, buy a bike or wear our apparel, everyone’s invited to join.

Stay tuned.

28. 28 Boss Hawg Oct 2nd, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Chad,

Please define “superbike of this caliber”?

Boss Hawg

29. 29 Steve Carr Oct 2nd, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Jeff,

Yes, Thanks, and it was really nice to spend a few minutes with you and Conrad. I did let Cyril know about our win, wins at Thunder Beach, But unfortunately I dont have any pictures of any quality of the event.

The bike that won Best of the Beach was finished the Wed. night before we left to drive up there. We never expected the kind of response we got on that bike.

Thanks for spending a few minutes with us, I try to always learn from the best….

Steve Carr

30. 30 1550tc Oct 2nd, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Investment? You can’t be serious?

“Investment? And custom bike” is ????????????????

THE BIGGEST OXYMORON IN THE INDUSTRY

Just ask some of the guys who bought Matt Hotch custom bikes……….some of these guys will be lucky if their bike and 50 cents, buys them a latte @ starfucks.

Whats sad is where some of the real cool customs, JJ & Prugh’s Penneywise bike ends up in So Africa? If I had the $$$ id hunt it down and bring it back to usa!

Dudes all I wanna know is when the signature FALCON CREST model comes out??

Hey Jeff can i buy one of your bikes for $75,000 lira LOL

31. 31 Jeff Nicklus Oct 2nd, 2009 at 4:33 pm

1550tc,

Only if I can spend about a month in Italy with all expenses paid as well! My passport is in good shape and I could be on a plane tomorrow if we have a deal!

Over & Out,

Jeff

32. 32 Jeff Nicklus Oct 2nd, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Steve Carr,

Use the picture of you guys with the trophy and the CHECK!

Look forward to seeing ya all again soon.

Over & Out,

Jeff

33. 33 Conrad Nicklus Oct 2nd, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Mr Carr,

I have some pictures of the bike show if you would like me to send them to you. I took several of your bike, the “Retro Racer” bike and your wifes bike. By the way, I loved the bikes, looked amazing and damn sure deserved to win 1st. It was a pleasure to meet you and the gang, hopefully sometime soon we can all get back together and “shoot the shit”.

Let me know if you want me to send them to you and I can get your email address from my dad.

Conrad Nicklus

34. 34 1550tc Oct 2nd, 2009 at 10:21 pm

Jeff

75,000.00 ITL = 56.4598 USD

yep 56.4598 USD

that with that and 37,5000 more liras lets see here?

Well that will get you 6 lattes and 12 canolies, like the ones the boys on the Sapranos ate!

Jeff how about i pay $3 for you to get the Foo Fighters’ Over And Out ring tone for your cell phone

35. 35 Steve Carr Oct 3rd, 2009 at 4:17 am

Conrad,

Yes, please send what you have, my email is availible on the website on the “about us” page. As you know, we were so pre-occupied with everything that we just didnt take any pictures.

Thanks for the kind words, hope to see you guy’s again when we are not in such a hurry.

Steve Carr

36. 36 Boss Hawg Oct 3rd, 2009 at 7:03 am

Jeff, great to see you again at Thunderbeach and to meet the infamous Sir Conrad Nicklus, too!

My charm and ruggedly handsome good looks must have brought those buyers in for you when we visited…lol.

Congratulations on the sales at Thunderbeach! You had some nice looking bikes on display and, of course, the drag car looked bad ass, too! Really liked the Bobber that has a true motorcycle builder’s touch and is competitively priced right for a licensed manufacturer’s Custom Bobber.

See ya at Biketoberfest to follow up since I could not find my way back to you at Thunderbeach.

Boss Hawg

37. 37 Jeff Nicklus Oct 3rd, 2009 at 1:03 pm

1550tc,

OK, but you forgot about the month long all expense paid trip to Italy I included as part of the deal …. whats up with that?

Over & Out,

Jeff

PS: I am way old school with my ring tones … I like …. RING ….. RING ….. RING

38. 38 Jeff Nicklus Oct 3rd, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Boss,

If I have learned nothing else in life I have learned that your charm and rugged good looks are only exceded by your modesty! I suffer from that same problem myself!

Have fun in Daytona at Biketoberfest without me ….. stick a fork in me I am done with the shows for the season!

Over & Out,

Jeff

39. 39 LUCKY CHARM Oct 5th, 2009 at 7:34 am

THIS IS FUCKIN BULLSHIT. ALL OF THESE ASSHOLES HAVING SOMEONE ELSE BUILD THEIR BIKES AND GETTING CREDIT IN THE INDUSTRY. AMI JAMES, STEVEN TYLER, CHRISTIAN CLAYTON TO NAME A FEW. THEN EVERYBODY KISSES THEIR ASS AND PUBLISHES ANYTHING THEY DO OR PUT IT FRONT AND CENTER AT EVERY SHOW. THIS INDUSTRY IS FULL OF “LOOK AT ME” PEOPLE. WHERE DID THE BIKERS GO? FUCK IT iM OUT. CLOSING THE DOORS AT THE END OF THE MONTH THANKS TO FOREIGN MADE PARTS, INTERNET SHOPPING AND STUPID PEOPLE THAT WANT TO RIDE THE FLAVOR OF THE MONTH. NO HEART. I HOPE THE FEW REAL DEAL GUYS LEFT IN THE INDUSTRY FAIR BETTER THAN US. GET OUT THERE AND SUPPORT THEM. YOU’LL KNOW WHO THEY ARE BY THERE DIRTY CLOTHES, GREASY HANDS AND WEATHERED BIKES. BUY AMERICAN, SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS AND THANK A VET!

40. 40 Scott Webster Oct 5th, 2009 at 9:54 am

THIS IS THE BEST I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!

WE HERE ARE GOING TO BE BUILDING BIKES FOR THE GHOST OF CULT LEADER JIM SMITH!

Im calling it “KICKSTANDS AND KOOL AID CHOPPERS”

Doooooooood……it will sell Im tellin ya!!!!
    Everyone loves Kool Aid……..

41. 41 Walt Lumpkin Oct 5th, 2009 at 10:09 am

Lucky C: Take a deep breath brother. I don’t know you but I think you are about to blow a gasket. Tommorrow is another day and your health is not worth the blowout. Slowly now, good air in, bad air out, (repeat).

42. 42 Conrad Nicklus Oct 5th, 2009 at 11:50 am

Boss Hawg,

Infamous is a great word!!!! LOL

It was good to meet you and thanks for showing up and getting us some sales.

Lucky Charm,

Listen to what Walt says here. Dont even bother wasting your time trying to bitch, moan and groan on such a pointless arguement, man.
    Conrad

43. 43 Manhattan Choppers Oct 6th, 2009 at 12:44 am

Jesse J. loves his personal yamaha vmax. Way faster than most bikes. Quess he’s not a real deal though..

44. 44 Negotiable Tim Oct 6th, 2009 at 7:25 am

Trotta Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. 45 bigalyts Oct 6th, 2009 at 8:52 am

Who cares about Hollywood names on Bikes when you are busting your Ass, scraping your change out of the 5 Gallon Water Bottle! That’s about $5 grand filled up! Well mine was never filled , but almost half way. Now, I have 2 Bahama $1 bills and a few Canadian, quartes and Nickels left !. You Know The World Is Upside Down When You had to roll that Money up to LIVE with and Pay Bills! and THE FRICKIN CANADIAN MONEY IS WORTH MORE THAN THE AMERICAN MONEY !

46. 46 Jeff Nicklus Oct 6th, 2009 at 10:52 am

bigalyts,

I suppose everything is relevant in the end isn’t it?

Over & Out,

Jeff

47. 47 Gina Woods Oct 6th, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Open Road Radio featured Lorenzo & Eddie on last week’s show you can hear them interviewed at:
    Thanks