All Star Hi-Priced Hi-Tops

johnvarvatoshightopsAs you already know I am a Converse addict and love the shoes private line designed by John Varvatos for this company, all priced under $80.00. Then I received this picture of a new Hi-Tops model that John Varvatos is selling direct. Love at first sight till’ I read the price. $250.00. I understand that John Varvatos has big bills at his fabulous 315 Bowery, New york, NY store installed in the location of former iconic rock club CBGB (hope you have been there during its 30-year run).

But still quite “over the top” in these times of “buy only what you need”. So, for this price, what do you get? A limited edition, Nappa leather upper with leather weave along eyelet and tongue. Bowery NYC branded outsole. rawhide laces. pinstripe lining and a stained outsole because as you know, it’s very expensive to look so cheap. Anyway, if you are in New York City, at least visit the store full of vintage clothing, CBGB memorabilia, vinyl records, and 70’s audio equipment, of course sold alongside Varvatos’ latest fashions. His website rocks, too.

12 Responses to “All Star Hi-Priced Hi-Tops”

1. 1 Triumph Oct 6th, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Anybody that buys a $250 pair of Chucks deserves to get kicked in the face by a guy wearing a $40 pair or real Chucks.

2. 2 Dunnster Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:07 pm

And they used to say that cocaine was God’s way of telling you that you make too much money….

3. 3 nicker Oct 6th, 2009 at 6:52 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm…. Hi-tops.

At $250 a pair….. You’d thing they’d keep your foot from get-n pinched off……….. 🙂

-nicker-

4. 4 Eric Oct 6th, 2009 at 9:44 pm

ummm. gay!

5. 5 Manhattan Choppers Oct 6th, 2009 at 11:38 pm

Shoes, gay red t shirts, whats next the new spring line..

6. 6 BikerMarc Oct 7th, 2009 at 7:47 am

Hey all, you can buy this same like, kind, and quality leather uppers for $75 from MEDIUM Company. $250 is simply ridiculous no matter how wealthy one is.

BikerMarc

7. 7 bigalyts Oct 7th, 2009 at 8:42 am

Great comments Guyz ! I am gonna wait Guyz! They will be here form Maylasia or the Phillipines for $50 bucks soon! And the second pair is 50% off!

8. 8 Jeff Nicklus Oct 7th, 2009 at 11:02 am

I am really impressed with the 4-5 “Male” (????) models he uses on the website. They look like Meth Junkies. Hell, if you were to weight all of them at once their combined weight “Might” total the average weight of an American “Man”! Somebody feed these “Guys” (I use the term Guys loosely here)!

Over & Out,

Jeff

9. 9 Dee Dee Presley Oct 7th, 2009 at 11:24 am

Could’t you jump the price up to 350 if you put a cute little Harley bar and sheild on the side ?

10. 10 Jeff Nicklus Oct 7th, 2009 at 4:09 pm

nicker,

The emails I am sending to you are coming back as undeliverable …. check your server.

Over & Out,

Jeff

11. 11 1550tc Oct 7th, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Jeff

models he uses on the website. They look like Meth Junkies.

Jeff , that is the new diet all these pecker schmooching models are on!!! You have to get out that state more often!!! and see what out here

Jeff how about the catchy songs on the site …………Jeff did u order some of his 98$ t shirts for you and Conrad……..they probably have your shop visa onfile!!

Jeff you need a t shirt like this with your names on it for 98$ ………should bring up your bottom line

12. 12 nicker Oct 7th, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Jeff,

Ya, we have “issues” out this way.
    One of my service providers doesn’t like my system and the security software isn’t able to resolve the problem……. before it crashes the OS, that is.
    Moreover, the Indian tech support (red-dots, not woo-woos) have yet to resolve the “crashing” problem. They say they need a copy of the file that’s killing their product to fix “my problem”.

It takes roughly an Hour till the full scan blows up.
    In order to find the culprit file, i have to sit here to catch it’s name just before the system goes down.

You know me, sitting here is not high on my list of priorities. But i don’t have much tolerance for sloppy code….. so, i’m gonna make “my problem” someone elses problem…… 🙂
    Let’s say

I’ll send ya e-mail when it’s hooked back up.

-nicker-