Custom Pushrod Covers For Your Engine

pushrodcoversA company called Weslin Industries just launched a line of custom Pushrod Wraps to customize your original pushrod covers.  I didn’t try them and wonder how good they hold with engine heat. If they stay in place, don’t burn, don’t discolor, maybe they are worth a try on your next project. There is no need to take your motor apart to get this custom look.  They seem to be an easy and less expensive way to get a custom dimensional look over the original chrome covers. They  come in different designs, custom colors and can be trimmed with scissors for an exact fit. The Cloverleaf Pushrod Wraps are anodized with gold leaf.  The Hexagonal and Union Jack Wraps are powder coated with standard colors black, red and blue.  The solid Pushrod Wrap is polished gold mylar. Ask questions on my behalf to Steve Mueller at Weslin Industries.

6 Responses to “Custom Pushrod Covers For Your Engine”

1. 1 Bill Dancer Oct 6th, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Way cool. About time someone came out with something so unique.

2. 2 Todd8080 Oct 6th, 2009 at 5:58 pm

I wish someone would make the top pushrod clips without screwdriver holes in them. It seems like such a simple thing, yet no one’s done it or likely ever will.

While most people are looking for ways to add details to their bikes, I’m constantly looking for ways to remove details, to simplify and clean up the look.

Grooves, louvers, spiders, skulls, flames and eagle heads are apparently what everyone wants, but not me. I want clean & smooth.

I guess I’ll have to make them myself, like everything else (dramatic eyeroll).

3. 3 Eric Oct 6th, 2009 at 9:41 pm

I like the ones from AB Tech better, clean simple, etc. Just my opinion. I don’t own the company or even work ffrom them, just use the part and like how they work.
    I think they are sold in Drag and I know that Todd’s Cycle in So Cal sells them… not sure who else carries them.

4. 4 Steve Bohn Oct 7th, 2009 at 8:00 am

Todd 8080, Eric is right on the mark on the AB Tech pieces, beautiful, smooth, and clean. I run them on my EVO. Call Todd at Todd’s Cycle (714) 901-4516, he should be able to set you up, a buddy of his manufacturers the in California.

5. 5 Bill Dancer Oct 7th, 2009 at 8:35 am

Weslin does have a clean look on their solid gold or chrome pushrod. Not all of them have designs. They are really simple to use also. I have been running them on my sportster for over a year now and they still look brand new. I use just the solid gold.

6. 6 Todd8080 Oct 7th, 2009 at 9:04 am

Thanks for the input, guys.

AB’s smooth pushrod covers are clean all right, but they’re nearly $300. I’m just trying to eliminate the screwdriver hole on stock pushrod cover clips.

An item like that, identical to the stamped OEM steel clips but minus the holes, should cost maybe ten or twenty bucks for a set of four.

I’ll probably just make a set from sections of steel tubing and have them plated.