Concept Harley-Davidson. Concept Only.

conceptharleydavidsonThis one can get you a A+ at a design school and a guaranteed F grade at the Harley-Davidson Design Dept. I bet that you will never see this one on the road in 10, 20 or 30 years.  Instead you could see many design variations inspired by it in many cartoons and sci-fi movies. Did you find the handlebars? But wait, I know that some of you could find at least a little bit of inspiration for some bodywork or headlight/taillight/brake light design. The author of this hubless concept motorcycle is named Miguel Cotto (not the boxer) and I know nothing else about him.

20 Responses to “Concept Harley-Davidson. Concept Only.”

1. 1 FUJI Oct 20th, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Can’t be a harley , no forward controls and no seat for the Bi_ _ h and Willy didn’t design it.
    Can you tell that i took the day off.

2. 2 FUJI Oct 20th, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Billy Lane goes to jail and they are already stealing his wheels.

3. 3 krugger Oct 20th, 2009 at 2:24 pm

I’m ready to build this one… I like it!

4. 4 Todd8080 Oct 20th, 2009 at 3:12 pm

“Billy Lane goes to jail and they are already stealing his wheels.”

The hubless wheel was designed, patented and used on motorcycles by Franco Sbarro many years before Billy Lane “invented” it.

5. 5 Wikked Kustoms Oct 20th, 2009 at 4:14 pm

I think it kicks serious butt. You wouldn’t be able to get near it at a rally the gawkers would be so thick!

6. 6 Jeffro Oct 20th, 2009 at 4:44 pm

Only question…Will it come in Flat Black? No wait, Suede Black…………………….

7. 7 Joe Mielke Oct 20th, 2009 at 5:30 pm

The movie was Tron and they were called Light Cycles.

Maybe some day.

If you build it Freddie let us know, we’d like to play too!

Peace
    Joe

8. 8 FUJI Oct 21st, 2009 at 4:43 am

Todd 8080
    Good to see that someone was on their toes and did the research. It’s amazing how much true/ real information can be passed on rather than shooting from the hip knowledge.
    Especially pertaining to Harley Davidson history.

Every once in a while when I go fishing with light gear and ten pound test I get lucky. I just expected more bites.

9. 9 gene the gm Oct 21st, 2009 at 8:34 am

Add Mike Brown at AMEN CYCLES to your hubless list

10. 10 Kim Oct 21st, 2009 at 9:26 am

Not all HD stock bikes come with a B***h seat. For instance, the Crossbones which comes in black denim not black suede.

11. 11 Jeff Nicklus Oct 21st, 2009 at 10:57 am

NICE DRAWING!

Over & Out,

Jeff

12. 12 FUJI Oct 21st, 2009 at 11:26 am

Jeff Nicklus
    This just may be the new test bike for Harley. Willy can’t design bikes foever. Speaking of cutting back on overhead to save money.

Rumor has it that Harley Davidson is looking for a custom builder from Texas to design a couple new models. I could go for that.

13. 13 Jeff Nicklus Oct 21st, 2009 at 11:40 am

Fuji,

Back in 1995 when HD found out I was starting to manufacture motorcycles they canceled my Lifetime HOG Membership (and never returned my money either now that I think about it!) ….. think they would hire me today? Nah! Hell, I couldn’t afford the cut in pay anyway!

Over & Out,

Jeff

14. 14 Ben Oct 21st, 2009 at 11:52 am

It can’t be Harley Davidson because it is innovative and forward thinking.

15. 15 E.H-57 Oct 21st, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Todd8080 is right, Franco Sbarro was first to build a vehicle with hubless wheels, … in 1989 !

16. 16 Walt Lumpkin Oct 21st, 2009 at 5:12 pm

Jeff: I don’t think the cancellation of your HOG membership was directly attributable to
    your manufacturing. I think it had more to do with HD’s ability to see into the future
    and see that you were gonna be a pain in the butt and make statements about the Motor
    Company and some of its talent/management.

I could be wrong. I was once back in ’82.

Luv you long time.

17. 17 Jeff Nicklus Oct 21st, 2009 at 5:19 pm

Walt,

Say it ain’t so!

Over & Out,

Jeff

18. 18 FUJI Oct 21st, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Jeff
    Walt maybe right about that pain thing but I don’t know you that well. Just can’t immagine LOL
    Question one would be maybe just maybe, did some one arrive at a HOG rally with a chopper/custom bike ” non Harley ” with a dew rag with an S&S logo. AND GOT ALL THE ATTENTION.!

Walt are you saying that Jeff doesn’t fall into the Harley Psychological Placebo effect,

19. 19 Patrick R Oct 27th, 2009 at 5:44 pm

Not all Harley come stock with forward controls either….. a reference to a couple emails above….The concept isnt really that far out!~ It could be done~

1. 1 Tweets that mention Concept Harley-Davidson. Concept Only. at Cyril Huze Blog -- Topsy.com Pingback on Oct 20th, 2009 at 10:37 pm