Lorenzo Lamas Cycles In Sturgis

Was just informed that an episode of the TV reality show “Leave It To Lamas” featuring Lorenzo Cycles & Co. during the last Sturgis Rally is running on E! Entertainment this Sunday evening at 10.30 pm EST. 9.30 C

9 Responses to “Lorenzo Lamas Cycles In Sturgis”

1. 1 rainbowwarrior24 Nov 2nd, 2009 at 7:51 am

I remember this gut from the old television show “Renegade”!!! Guess he has to do something to make a living!!!.

2. 2 Bigalyts Nov 2nd, 2009 at 7:56 am

Did the Camera Man catch Him when he came up to his First Builder (Partner) and saw that His Bikes were not Ready, and he had to ride a Rental?????? Now that’s Reality TV .

3. 3 Bigalyts Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:42 am

That happened in Sturgis, of course.

4. 4 Original Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:38 am

You all didn’t think his Biz plan was to sell bikes did you? Once again the industry embraces a FAKE.

5. 5 Joe Mielke Nov 4th, 2009 at 8:25 am

I hate to admit this but last night I happen to be surfing and I saw the Lamas name on the schedule. If it had not been for this blog I trust I would have skipped right over E!. However curiosity killed me and I clicked on “Living Lamas” I believe it is. I don’t know what the usual premise of the show is but it basically focused on the fact that Lamas’ daughter is a typical Blonde CA/Hollywood Reality TV Train Wreck. There was a brief spot when Lamas met with Ralph to see his new motorcycle to which he was upset because Ralph changed the paint scheme. The basic premise they showed the viewer was that this was Lamas’ motorcycle world debut and first trip to AMD at which he fully expected to win his class. As we know he did not. There was some brief face time for our friend Jay Allen at the Sturgis Spoke which was cool. Good for Jay and the Spoke. There was also a brief shot of the Lichter exhibit at the Chip. Also good for Michael to get a bit of free press.
    However I was basically dumber for having watched that little slice of “Reality”. I promise I’ll never do it again.

Peace

6. 6 Lorenzo Cycles Nov 5th, 2009 at 4:51 pm

For the record, Joe, and all you other dudes on here. You were watching a show that targets 18-24 year old girls. Sorry it didn’t live up to your standards. Glad it kept your interest, though.

7. 7 live2rideaglide Nov 6th, 2009 at 2:04 pm

us ” dudes ” out here are just a little sick of prima donna, johnny come lately, psuedo bike builders who a year ago didnt know the difference between a suicide clutch and a sanitary napkin and who cant take a crap without a camera being their to record it for all us sheep out here to revel in and hopefully glean some purpose and meaning in our pitiful existence ( alas i digress ) pedaling their wares with hopes that we will embrace said wares with a sense of legitimacy. Dont be REALITY , be REAL . REAL bike builders and shops have paid their dues and give up the respect to the industry that just a few years ago wasnt cool or pnash or the rave. When Indian Larry built a bike it reflected him ,who he was and what he was about and you didnt need a tv show to figure out what he was trying to say. Dont ride a chopper in designer jeans and have a good day. nitro makes me happy. nitroglide

8. 8 Joe Mielke Nov 6th, 2009 at 6:17 pm

We all of course have the freedom to start a business and chase a dream if we so desire. Mr. Lamas is certainly free to do that and all the power to him. Should a camera crew choose to follow him as he does it….Well, again all the power to him.

The sad part is the spectacle that TV shows like this make of people. The show made his daughter look a fool. She may be a brilliant and talented young girl and maybe not. I certainly no nothing about her other than the 10-15 minutes I saw on the tube. It however was not a flattering 15 minutes. Why is it that “reality tv” likes drama and they like to see people at their worst so they can expoit their flaws and failures. Are people really so sad that they need to see people in that way to feel better about themselves. This certainly has nothing to do with motorcycles and why I keep wasting my time typing about it I don’t know. Guess I could be part of the problem. Go figure

If Lorenzo Cycles has a vision and the resources to make a go in the business, let them. If it creates a job for someone how can it be a bad thing. My comments were not in reference to his business endeavor. The premise of the show however is what was lacking. But that is just my inconsequential opinion.

Peace

9. 9 Gaz Hayes Nov 7th, 2009 at 4:56 pm

good luck to all at lorenzo cycles. Renegade was a cool tv show for girls and dudes to watch, cool bike and cool karate moves from lamas. i liked the whole package. All the best lorenzo lamas.bring back renegade