darwinwebsiteAmong the small custom motorcycle manufacturers, I can say that Dar Holdsworth was one of the first to understand that to survive our economic downturn the only way was to propose value bikes, meaning highest quality and coolest looking bikes possible for the money. And Dar proved with his first 3 models that it is possible to market custom bikes under $20,000 and still equipping them with reputable brand name components for engine, driveline, wheels, brakes and electrical.

darwin1darwin2

darwin33Dar also understood, and I talked with him about it, that to increase his brand visibility when others become way too shy, is an easy way to increase his market share now and later when his competitors regain confidence. And what is the best and most economic way to do it without spending half of the year traveling from shows to shows? Of  course internet, by offering a richer and more interactive website experience and working hard at building traffic and repeat visitors. So today Darwin Motorcycles – the company building the Brass Balls Bobbers – uploaded a new website with ton of information, new pictures and videos. Worth a visit to reward a custom builder still dreaming new bikes and believing in the future of our industry. Brass Balls Bobbers.

11 Responses to “An Above Average Website To Show You Above Average Bikes Built For The Average Joe.”

1. 1 Bigalyts Nov 27th, 2009 at 12:11 pm

CYRIL, How much was your consulting Fee? You can’t be helping everybody in Your Industry as much as you, for Nothing or CAN YOU ? I think You Are !

2. 2 Steve Carr Nov 27th, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Congrats Dar,

Site looks great, very easy to navigate, really clean and nice arrangement. 2 Thumb’s up. Let us know if you would like another part to offer on the “front ends” page.

Steve Carr

3. 3 raycwheeler Nov 27th, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Great Guy, Great Bikes!

Ray

4. 4 Roadside Marty Nov 28th, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Great job Dar!! The new site looks great! I’m glad to see one of the good guys achieve some success!

5. 5 jatinder pal Nov 29th, 2009 at 5:01 am

These Machines r getting popular day by day cause of the worth price..not like overpriced junk.

6. 6 maroco Nov 29th, 2009 at 9:25 am

Very imprecive,and the prices very competitives too,and if we loock to the work in details,this bikes
    are realy good to buy.
    maroco

7. 7 Jay Mclean Nov 30th, 2009 at 11:45 am

Enjoyed the new site…. Would like to see more of your Chopper Girl.. Rock On!

8. 8 Jeff Nicklus Nov 30th, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Dar, The new site looks killer …. congrats.

Cyril,

The internet is a good thing yes, however, it is not everything unless you are selling widgets and t-shirts …… people still need to physically see you (and me) at the events so you become “real” in their eyes. There are plenty of cyber space websites up even today of companies who have gone down the tubes long ago, however, unless one has their finger on the pulse of this industry people, which most of the general public do not, one would tend to believe that a company is alive and well when nothing could be further from the truth. I believe people need to be able to physically see and touch a product and meet the principles involved therefore before I spend $100K on a website, as has so many others who are now history in this industry, I will include that $100K in my travel budget and physically go to the events, talk to the people and show my products.

Just my interjection of thought.

Over & Out,

Jeff

9. 9 Dar - Brass Balls Bobbers & Choppers Nov 30th, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Thanks to everyone for the support and good words.

To Bigalyts: I designed & developed our site in house. I mentioned to Cyril that we were doing this. I took most of the photography and orchestrated the design & layout. No consulting fee from Cyril… though he would surely be worth it if someone was interested. If you are interested in my consulting fee, contact me to discuss.

To Jeff: Thanks for the props and good points made. No question, people need to see us and our product. However $100,000 websites are of the past. You can do a site for a much smaller percentage of the price than that. You’d be surprised. As stated just above, I did most of the background work myself. If someone is willing to put in the time – which yes, is costly, as I have been sick for the last two weeks due to lack of sleep – and due some research and networking, you too can have a good site.

10. 10 Jeff Nicklus Nov 30th, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Hey Dar,

Good for you for doing your own website! I have no doubt you saved big bucks by doing it yourself. I likewise have always done our sites myself …. it is a hell of a learning experience for sure not to mention time consuming. Unfortunately the days of the $100K websites are not gone. The last website American Ironhorse did, which is still displayed, cost upwards of $100K as do many others. Count me out on that for sure ….. even if I could justify that much money on a site I am way to frugal for that! Anyway, again good job on your new webpage.

Over & Out,