mcmA new TV show about our Kustom Kulture is something that all members of the industry will support without any reserve. So, I am excited to announce that the new TV show “Motor City Motors” featuring Detroit Brothers Dave & James Kaye, with father John will premier Monday, December 28th at 9:00pm, on the Discovery Channel.

Motor City Motors follows them each week tapping into the Detroit-based talent and assembling a team of builders and specialists to create and build one-of-a-kind vehicles (both cars and motorcycles), each time pushing the boundaries of automotive engineering to create each build with only a five-day limit. Maybe you will be surprised to learn that Dave Kaye graduated from the University of Michigan Business School with a degree in finance and worked on the Chicago Board Options Exchange as an equity options market maker. Brother James was classically trained as a metal sculptor at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Michigab. In addition to providing an added respect for the profession we are doing let’s hope that the series gives the Detroit community as well as their own family struggling business, a much-needed boost. You can watch several videos of the show by jumping HERE.

17 Responses to “Detroit Bros TV Show Motor City Motors Premiers December 28th On Discovery Channel”

1. 1 Dar - Brass Balls Bobbers & Choppers Dec 21st, 2009 at 12:11 am

Good luck with the show guys. Looks cool. As I would expect from you. We will watch.

2. 2 jatinder pal Dec 21st, 2009 at 3:33 am

Hope they present something new and motorcycle centred…not drama..

3. 3 BikerMarc Dec 21st, 2009 at 9:12 am

Key to success will be sticking to the basics and fundamentals of the trade guys. Please, no OCC copy. All the best with this new revenue stream.

BikerMarc

4. 4 TBear Dec 21st, 2009 at 11:04 am

Pretty sure this is the show that Fabricator Kevin makes an apperance on.
    I’ll be watching just to see Kevin show his skills.
    I know his hair will be PERFECT!!!…..lol

5. 5 Hondo Cat Dec 21st, 2009 at 12:26 pm

I wonder how much control Detroit Bros will have over content? I’ve gotta believe producers will want some “drama” to appeal to wider audience. Hopefully, the producers/directors don’t muck it up too much. I’ll TIVO and watch.

6. 6 Mazz Dec 21st, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Good luck guys with the show!! It’s gonna be nice to have another bike show on the air!!

Does anyone know if it will be airing on Discovery Canada?? I can’t seem to find it there.

7. 7 BadMonkeyMW Dec 21st, 2009 at 5:04 pm

From what I’ve understood, it will be more of a Monster Garage type show, not just a motorcycle show.

I predict the episode featuring Fab Kevin will shatter existing viewership records.

8. 8 Grip Ace Dec 21st, 2009 at 5:23 pm

Wishing you dudes the best. Rock’em

9. 9 T.K. Dec 21st, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Hey Grip Ace, i have your digital switching system on my 1990 softail and i love it. not only do i love not having to hold the turn signal down the whole time i want my blinker on, but i really get a kick out of starting my bike from the left hand grip and watching people wonder how my bike started, next i’ll have to put your product on my other m/c’s

10. 10 Sasha Dec 21st, 2009 at 10:19 pm

Oh Ridelicious! Best wishes!

11. 11 Josh Slaughter Dec 28th, 2009 at 11:12 pm

no one on the show was from the D. Trying to help Detroit laid off workers 2hr drive down 75 your not from the D.

12. 12 Jeff Nicklus Dec 29th, 2009 at 10:52 am

Watched the show last night and to quote Yogi Berra ….. “This is like déjà vu all over again.”

Can you say Monster Garage! The same production company (Original Productions), same network (Discovery), same story line and theme, same canned drama, same conflict, same lighting, same lay out, same camera angles, same number of people, same last minute crap, same Thom Beers, I am sure Hugh King was probably hiding in the wings somewhere, same, same, same! If I were Jesse I believe I would be pissed.

I missed any motorcycle relationship to the show other than the whining about how their (Detroit Brothers MC) motorcycle shop was either going down the tubes or was already down the tubes ….. welcome to the motorcycle industry boys.

Sorry to be so negative guys and I do sincerely wish you both well and hopefully this show will pick up a following and be successful. I just won’t waste my time again; I would rather watch reruns of the ORIGINAL SHOW, Monster Garage.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Over & Out,

Jeff

13. 13 just my opinion Dec 29th, 2009 at 11:56 am

Jeff; Once again I hate to admit but your are right. Damn I hate when this happens. I thought monster garage was gone but then I watched this show and as you say déjà vu. I wish them well also but if history teaches us anything it is that if something failed once it probably will again. Hopefully these guys are being paid well because I don’t think this show will last that long. I truely hope I am wrong but time will tell.

14. 14 LV Shaka Dec 30th, 2009 at 10:40 am

Pretty lame version of Monster Garage. I was really hoping for a show that shows the technical side of fabricating and NOT the drama of a depressed city, a failing business. Another thing, These characters that portray themselves as being a little off, wacky or extreme for the sake of being artfull and cool is SO SO OVER!

15. 15 Shreegs Dec 30th, 2009 at 12:42 pm

I’m with all of you…how disappointing this show was. It’s like Monster Garage, except without the talent. Did you see the rendering of the T bucket he drew….? My granddaughter draws better cars, and his artistic prowess is tagging walls with spray paint? I love these type of shows, but I deleted this one from my prioritizer…been there done that. I feel badly that Detroit is in shambles, but that’s really not breaking news, is it? If you are truly exceptional at your trade, you will be successful…no matter where your shop is. The company I work for is one of the sponsors…I wonder how much money we wasted. Discovery is one of my favorite channels, it’s unfortunate they didn’t do better market research.

16. 16 joe dirt-ay Jan 30th, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Just watched both of your new shows! Definately awesome!!!! The model T was killer. I am college student who is taking welding as my degree. I am in tig right now and having a blast with it. My goal is to become a custom car fabricator/builder. Way to go great show, I look forward to more episodes.

Thanks,
    Jon Moore

1. 1 Tweets that mention Detroit Bros TV Show Motor City Motors Premiers December 28th On Discovery Channel at Cyril Huze Blog -- Topsy.com Pingback on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 4:41 pm