Automotive Excess Of The Year

mercedesbenzwhitegoldNot from the Detroit Auto show going on right now, a one-off Mercedes Benz ordered and owned by an Abu Dhabi oil billionaire. Not in stainless steel (too cheap), but with a white gold plated body! Running on biofuel with the new V10 Quad Turbo producing 1600 HP for a 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in less than 2 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 6.89 seconds. Congrats Prince! (thanks Nicker)

28 Responses to “Automotive Excess Of The Year”

1. 1 sammyd Jan 13th, 2010 at 7:42 am

An oil billionaires car runs on bio-fuel, hmmm

2. 2 alan Jan 13th, 2010 at 8:14 am

why ? i want to steal it and and melt it and buy some motorcycles parts with the gold money

3. 3 hp Jan 13th, 2010 at 9:26 am

i would have to see it run a 1/4 in 6.89. sending up the bs flag.

4. 4 Larry R. Jan 13th, 2010 at 10:13 am

Make’s me want to go out and buy some more of his oil so I can further support his habit. Yeah, if I had that kind of money, I’d probably build a ‘Cuda that would leave that thing in the dust.LOL.

5. 5 Scott Jan 13th, 2010 at 10:44 am

Is there a link to this story?

The excess is noted…

6. 6 Jeff Nicklus Jan 13th, 2010 at 12:12 pm

As a professional drag racer I have to agree with hp …. this car running a 6.89 …. total BULLSHIT!

Over & Out,

Jeff

7. 7 Irish Rose Jan 13th, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I wonder how many rallies that car would take me to in a year.

8. 8 Mike Jan 13th, 2010 at 1:31 pm

The whole story is BULLSHIT.

0-60 in ‘less than 2 secons’… there is NO WAY a car like that can get traction to get 0-60 in under 2 seconds, not even on a track with a tanker full of VHT dumped on it.

And the 1/4 mile time is even more bullshit! I know guys with 1600hp cars that are running in the 9’s. 6’s? BULLSHIT.

I also call BULLSHIT on the 1600hp claim in the first place. From a biofuel car? Bull bull bull.

Oh, and all of these ridiculous cars go to show that no amount of money buys class. White gold plated McLaren SLR? Tackiest. Car. EVER.

9. 9 Marke Jan 13th, 2010 at 2:02 pm
  10. 10 Fausto of MotoXcycle.com Jan 13th, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Next project:

He’s having one of his camels re-skinned with baby seal fur!

I heard his wives lined up around the block waiting for a ride in that car!

I tried to get a closer look but the owner screamed “Touch the car and we will have to behead you-filthy mongrel!”

As a present I was going to send him a bath robe, towels, and a giant o-ring but I can see that he and his friends already have matching ones.

11. 11 Fluke Jan 13th, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Isn’t this story ( and pic) well over a year old already?

AFAIK the performance numbers were made up on the spot by a 5 year old boy and since the body is carbon fibre and carbon fibre being especially stupid to electro plate (the chemical process destroys some of the fibres integrity) I call BS on the plating too.

Marke is right, these cars aren’t chrome plated, but probably chrome vinyl clad.

12. 12 J Jan 13th, 2010 at 4:43 pm

Agreed- MAYBE in the 9’s, if the horsepower is for real…. But there are 1600 hp dragsters that weigh far less than this thing running nowhere close to sub-7’s….. And no way on street tires will you ever see any full-sized 2-wheel drive car do 0-60 under 3 seconds- up in smoke, like these claims…..

But nice to know that the Prince got bagged- hey Prince- wanna buy my sub-six second ’68 Caddy Convert? Puts out about 3000 hp, hits about 320 mph with the top down……

13. 13 ger Jan 13th, 2010 at 4:50 pm

why???

14. 14 Bigalyts Jan 14th, 2010 at 11:35 am

No matter, how fast or not. I still would’nt shake the Princes right Hand !!!! The Arab’s don’t use Toilet paper !

15. 15 just my opinion Jan 14th, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Wow how did this thread go from a cool car to calling people towel heads and don’t shake his hand because he does not use ass wipe?
    Come on people can you not appreciate a car for what it is? Who cares who owns it? Maybe the numbers are not true but the car is still cool. I don’t remember any of you guys questioning the bike that was said to be worth one million dollars. We all know that was bullshit. It always cracks me up how some of you guys always go for the racist comments judging someone for the skin color or for their counrty they live in but you are the same guys that whine because people judge you for being a so called biker. Judging someone for being arab or for being of a certain race is nothing but ignorance. Not ever person of color is bad and not every arab is a towelhead that uses his bare hand to wipe his ass. Some day there will be no black or white but you same ignorant people will find something to hold against those you don’t even know.

16. 16 Freedomlaw Jan 14th, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I want to thank the other readers with more drag racing experience than me. I was reading this thinking how in the hell could this car achieve those numbers (0-60 in under 2; 1/4 mile in under 7). I am glad to see that my cynicism is shared by people which much more experience than me. I hope the oil billionaire was conned by the makers, just like they con us about the market price of oil.

17. 17 Conrad Nicklus Jan 14th, 2010 at 2:59 pm

This guy also has a 24k Gold plated Kleeman C63 Benz, A Pure Silver Audi S8 and countless Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Bugattis.

18. 18 Dr Robert Harms Jan 14th, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Am I missing 2 things ?? How do you golod plate (aka electro plate) a carbon fibre body ?
    What engine is the basis of the V10 ?? Surely not a Gallardo ?

19. 19 Vette Jan 15th, 2010 at 11:10 am

I will say it is eye~catchy, but with that kinda jack . . . there are alot of other killer rides to be had.

20. 20 just my opinion Jan 15th, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Vette;
    Chances are this guy already owns those killer rides that your thinking of and then some. I met a guy that was making motorcycles and selling them to a prince of one of those royal families in saudi arabia. That prince was like 13 or 14 and bought several bikes at more than one hundred thousand each. He wanted them just for home decorations. I was told that kid was one of like thirty some kids in that family. Money to these oil families is nothing they have so much that it has no value anymore it’s just something they trade us common folk to get what they want. Imagine if you could trade a hand full of dirt from your back yard and get anything you wanted. That is what money is like to these people.

21. 21 1550tc Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Yeah

Jeff those numbers just dont make sense…………the power HP to weight ratio just dont up and tractions ect………that benz is still probably 4500lbs so 1/4 is BS

Jeff whats WJ’s hp and weight on his car or whats it on your cars just curious?

22. 22 Conrad Nicklus Jan 15th, 2010 at 1:40 pm

1550tc,

I believe all the Pro-Stocks are the same weight at no less than 2,350 lbs…
    The Desperado Motorcycles Pro-Stock Camaro is about 2,400 lbs and the Jeff Nicklus Customs Dragster is about 1,970 lbs.

Conrad Nicklus

23. 23 Jeff Nicklus Jan 15th, 2010 at 3:04 pm

1550tc,

Our Pro Stock Cars use a 500 cu in naturally aspirated engine running C19 Race Fuel and the engine will produce about 1600hp +/- . NHRA requires the cars to weigh a minimum or 2350lbs, with driver, at the conclusion of the race. The cars currently run 6:581 (on a 6:509 Record) at 210 mph (on a 212 mph Record) on average. My car will cover the first 60 feet in .9 seconds …. that is correct, less than 1 second.

Even if the car above did produce 1600hp, which it may, it could never hook the horsepower up to the ground so therefore it is useless …. not to mention the car weighs as much as a tank +/-. So the speed and times are total crap.

Over & Out,

Jeff

24. 24 maroco Jan 15th, 2010 at 3:47 pm

“just my opinion” i realy apreciate your comments about racism, people have to stop whit this and start change ther minds for a better world.About ritch people hope they spend same money help others than spend buying others stuff.

25. 25 John Botts Jan 15th, 2010 at 4:50 pm

This is totally a fabrication…Mercedes-Benz does not make a V10. This is a Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR. It has a 5.4L supercharged motor producing 617 hp & 580 lb-ft of torque.
    If you want to know a bit more…check out Jay Leno’s Garage.com, he has a video on his personal one. I also have to agree on the inability to plate a carbon fiber body…not possible, probably a vinyl wrap for that “Dubai’d” out look. Gaudy and tasteless, but non-the-less a very capable & expensive car.

26. 26 BB Jan 16th, 2010 at 10:36 pm

…another reason we need to become petroleum independent. I’d expect a guy in a white dress to drive something like this.

27. 27 jeff & robbie Jan 18th, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Ode to excess!

28. 28 drew Jan 19th, 2010 at 10:40 am

This is where our money goes when sent to Ragheads.A blatant example of why we should take care of ourselves.Stop sending billions to people that want to harm us.

Crusher