Jaybrake New Motorcycle Trac-Boards

jaybraketracboards1jaybraketracboards2We all know that there is something wrong with most of the factory and after-market motorcycle floorboards. And I am not only talking about looks, but comfort and functionality on Baggers and some Softails. Don’t you hate having your feet move around your floorboards because there is not enough grip, obliging you all the time to readjust their position? Getting sore on your legs on a long trip because unconsciously always trying to hold your feet where they belong?

jaybraketracboards3 So Jaybrake machined a floorboard, appropriately called Trac-Board, from a piece of aluminum and milled hole patterns in it. Then they pressed stainless steel studs into those holes developing 4 different design patterns that are not only visually appealing but function the way a floorboard should by securing your feet in place. The studs are placed so that your shoes should not contact the aluminum board which will limit the amount or wear on the chrome or black anodized surface. Vibration is controlled through the design of special made rubber mounts that fit right into the stock floor board pan. Passenger boards to match. Made in the USA. In Chrome or Black Anodize. $299.95. At the V-Twin Expo booth # 3. JayBrake.

12 Responses to “Jaybrake New Motorcycle Trac-Boards”

1. 1 David Burrill Jan 19th, 2010 at 11:22 am

I have these on my bagger and I love them, they hold your feet in place are comfortable and they look amazing.

2. 2 Not sure about these Jan 19th, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I dunno…kinda “thrown together” looking

3. 3 A$$HOLE Jan 19th, 2010 at 1:05 pm

They look kind of like something off Police Acedemy, that Rob Halford would wera to the Blue Oyster Bar. Gay-ola!

4. 4 Jeff Nicklus Jan 19th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Let’s look at this possible scenario:

You are diving out of a bedroom window with your clothes and boots in hand with a pissed off husband in hot pursuit … these floorboards could be painful on bare feet …. Not as painful as the irate husband could be but painful none the less. Just a thought worth considering!

Over & Out,

Jeff

5. 5 Jeremy Jan 19th, 2010 at 1:22 pm

I like these floorboards very much. A$$ doesn’t know how to spell his name of any word! Jeff, your scenario is fiction.

6. 6 Jeff Nicklus Jan 19th, 2010 at 1:25 pm

Jeremy,

Fiction …… aren’t you bright? Wow!

Over & Out,

Jeff

7. 7 jay Jan 19th, 2010 at 5:36 pm

They’ll look really nice on your bike every time you go to the gay bar…

8. 8 A$$HOLE Jan 20th, 2010 at 9:05 am

Jeremy, I might have mis-spelled a few words typing quickly, but your grammar sucks. Good to know you like these so much! Bet they look nice with your leather studded, assless chaps. “Breaking the law, Breaking the law”

9. 9 Keith Jan 20th, 2010 at 9:06 am

I need to agree with Jeff. I would suggest unless you have buckshot flying over your head, put the boots on.
    We released these for sale about 4 months ago. I have only heard positive feedback from customers who have purchased them….. Now, I have walked into dealerships and had the sales manager look at me in confusion until I put one on their bike and have a few employees take the bike for a ride. Then, it is always the same thing. They come back with a big smile and make a statement like: “I never realized how bad the stock boards are” and “there is really no vibration like I expected.”

Jay, I do not know what accessories are on bikes outside of gay bars, but I will take your word for it. I actually laughed when I read your reply. I never understand why people want to be comedians, but do not want anyone to know who they really are. If however this was not a joke, I apologize for laughing. Call Jaybrake, I will give you and your “life partner” a discount.

Jaybrake or not….. at least buy American made products!!!!!

10. 10 stella blue Jan 20th, 2010 at 6:38 pm

I have to say that during my 25,000 miles a year on a Bagger I have never had the feeling of my feet moving around on the foorboards. Really? is that the selling point (get that pun??) ?

The H-D boards are comfy, soak up vibration, and don’t detract from the bike’s looks.

I’ll try these on someone else’s bike, but it’s hard to imagine that metal spikes under my boots would actually lead to less vibration.

11. 11 Rider2 Jan 20th, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Ummmm looks like Jay Brake had a bunch of spiky things laying on the counter and didn’t know what to do with them so they bolted them on some floorboards and brake pedals. Doesn’t look comfortable at all and I am not sure it blends with a stock bike unless your paint job has spikes on it.

12. 12 jatinder pal Jan 22nd, 2010 at 1:10 am

Dont u ever accidentally sit on these…