Paughco Powdercoated 40-Spoke Chrome Wheels

PaughcowheelsWant to sell more spoke wheels? Powdercoat them (rim & hub) in the 2 basic colors than bikers love. Works well on new old school style bikes.

Each Paughco  rim and outer portion of the hub is powder coated, while spokes and inner hub section are fully chromed. For the front you can order in sizes 21 x 2.15 and 16 x 3 while rears are available in 15 x 5.5 and 18 x 5.5.

Current models are available in 40-spoke only. Wheels come with bearing pre-set and are offered for use in both custom application and set up for direct fitment to most Harley models. Suggested retail price is just $399.95 complete per wheel as shown. 775-246-5738 or go to Paughco

15 Responses to “Paughco Powdercoated 40-Spoke Chrome Wheels”

1. 1 ian Feb 12th, 2010 at 10:41 am

The look I love

2. 2 Lyle Feb 12th, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Not bad money either. By the time you tear down your wheel, send off the rim and hub for powdercoat, get them back and re-lace, your better off buying them pre-made. Are the spokes stainless or chrome?

3. 3 Cyril Huze Feb 12th, 2010 at 1:20 pm

Lyle. Chrome spokes.

4. 4 Fluke Feb 12th, 2010 at 2:10 pm

They look great and the price is right, but does anyone know who does bigger sizes than these with decent quality and price? I need 23 x 3.75 and a 20 x 7.

Most manufacturers seem stop at the smaller sizes.

5. 5 stella blue Feb 12th, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Where are the parts of the wheels made?

6. 6 666 Feb 12th, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Sorry on the last post. I believe like their 80 spoke wheels these are made in china. Same factory as the midwest stuff

7. 7 Lenny Sinnet Feb 13th, 2010 at 12:43 am

these wheels I looked at at the cinci show. These look like a top quality product. They also had a sportster trike kit that was very nice.

8. 8 Steve Carr Feb 13th, 2010 at 7:11 am

666,

Could you please provide some proof of your “belief” that they come from China? You know guy’s, not everything we see for custom bikes, just because it has a reasonable price, comes from China. That seems to be the new popular “Buzz” word, to give ones self some sort of feeling of understanding the price of something.

Before you “believe” something is made somewhere or made some way, find out and have your facts ready to prove your statement, dont just fart in the wind and hope for someone to smell it.

Steve Carr

9. 9 jatinder pal Feb 13th, 2010 at 7:16 am

Had seem these kinds of wheel,they look very cool in red and black.

10. 10 666 Feb 13th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

steve,
    I have a set of the paughco 80 spoke fat tire wheels. Says right on them made in china. A little tag tied to the spokes

11. 11 666 Feb 13th, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Steve one more thing. Someone asked where these were made. I answered. I have also worked at several parts distributors and mfg in the Cal bay area. Paughco now has several ex CCI people sourcing parts for them. If you know anything about CCI then enough said. Call and check it out for yourself. This all said the wheels are of very nice quality and affordable.That is really all that matters

12. 12 Steve Carr Feb 13th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

666,

next time state the facts, by the way did your wheels fall appart yet, or are they working just fine for you, and if they had a tag that said “made in USA” how would you really know?

Not sticking up for imported parts at all here what so ever, just seems like I said, everyone jumps on the “china” band wagon sometimes way to often without really knowing.

By the way, many many parts used at the Harley Davidson Factory are imported,

Steve Carr

13. 13 666 Feb 13th, 2010 at 2:43 pm

Steve, you missed my entire point. I like the wheels. Mine are just working great. I even said that the quality was good and the price affordable in my last post. I know more parts are used from Asia on new HD’s then most. I was answering another post that asked where they are made, Get it??? Most of the stuff you buy now is imported and so what?? The only issue I see here is if the seller claims they are made in the USA but they are actually an import or the old assemble them here and call the made in the USA. Once again I like the wheels , I have a set and they work very very very good.

14. 14 struckthunders Feb 14th, 2010 at 7:40 pm

I must be blind do not see either in this product release or in the Paughco catalog where it states that these wheels, either the 40 spoke or the 80 spoke, are made in the USA. Again, so what, this is a world market where items can and are made outside the USA. Look at the clothes you wear, the food you eat, the cars you drive, and yes the motorcycles you ride. Most if not all of these items have a foreign sourced component.. Paughco is a 40+year old company and stands behind what is sells, and sells at fair prices, what more does the consumer want? If you want American made buy wheels form American Wire Wheel at about $1000.00 each, and do you know for sure all the parts that make up their wheels are made in the USA?

15. 15 ian Feb 15th, 2010 at 10:23 am

I have to sympathise with you guys – i bought some lovely stainless 23″ rims last year from a UK manufacturer only to find out they were made in Germany! i just don’t know anymore.

Crusher