New Harley-Davidson Serialized Dark Edition Ultra Classic Electra Glide

If you are touring a lot, have more pesos than the average, can pay cash and want to ride to the dark side, Harley-Davidson has added a new CVO (Custom Vehicle Operations) flavor to its Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® models line. The CVO Ultra is powered by a black and chrome Screamin’ Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ engine and a 6-speed Cruise Drive® transmission, which is the largest-displacement V-Twin engine offered from the factory by Harley-Davidson.

Besides the black powertrain, this “menacing” touring bike revels in all things dark with a Crimson Mist Black / Dark Slate and Flame graphics  base color, and approximately 185 other unique black parts, components and accessories meticulously melded to form and function by the CVO team. Each motorcycle is serialized from one to 999 and displays a formidable array of blacked out components (why the exhaust is still chrome?). The CVO Ultra presents a lower profile up front with a 6.5-inch smoked windshield and adds premium Touring features like anti-lock braking system (ABS), LED saddlebag lights, Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), a six-gallon fuel tank, Brembo brakes and 160-watt CD/AM/FM/WB/MP3 Advanced Audio System by Harman-Kardon, CB and intercom, and passenger audio with controls, zūmo® Navigator, cruise control, plus standard XM Radio. In the US this one will set you back $36,499. And guess what? All Harley CVO’s are doing very well and appear to be sold…before they are manufactured. Harley-Davidson.

23 Responses to “New Harley-Davidson Serialized Dark Edition Ultra Classic Electra Glide”

1. 1 gabehcuoD Mar 11th, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Serialized…….? Sweet I can get one of these in the bottom of my Captain Crunch? LOL Cool looking new bike though………

Call me a pussy, or what you will………. I would rather ride a blacked out / gray flamed Gold Wing, decked out for $21K…… (if I was doing the super touring) If your not a follower I guess you could save $15 LARGE……..

2. 2 gabehcuoD Mar 11th, 2010 at 6:20 pm

O yea… and more power, and more features, and more electrical ‘helpful’ crap with the GW too… LOL GD, I sound like a Vag’

3. 3 Brett Mar 11th, 2010 at 6:30 pm

yes those Goldwings are nice looking space ships nowadays…

Anyway, Harley has officially overdone the black thing now. I think it’s time to go back to the gawdy 60’s paint jobs, like Indian Larry’s Daddy-O (Rat Fink to the TV watchers) Bright colors with designs painted on every inch of the the bike.

4. 4 David Mar 11th, 2010 at 10:55 pm

Please , Please NO !!! Not That!!! We dont need anymore Rick Fairless painted montrosities !!!!

5. 5 Boss Hawg Mar 12th, 2010 at 1:02 am

Nice Bike…special she is….don’t most of here ride on the dark side?

Boss Hawg

6. 6 Steve Kelly Mar 12th, 2010 at 7:18 am

So Harley have changed their mind about not wanting outlaws to ride their motorcycles? This bike looks like a turn key dream bike for a MC patch member to ride.

7. 7 Dave Blevins Mar 12th, 2010 at 7:58 am

Just “customize” your very own with a can of Krylon.
    I’ll be glad when this black trend dies… it just looks cheap and unfinished in my opinion.

8. 8 industrial biker Mar 12th, 2010 at 8:43 am

Wheels look nice. Could almost be constrast cut PM’s

9. 9 industrial biker Mar 12th, 2010 at 8:44 am

contrast cut. been TIG weldin and I’m not seeing straight!

10. 10 nelu banica Mar 12th, 2010 at 8:52 am

Dark Vader Limited Edition (use the Force to roll).
    I like Night Rod and Iron 883. Solo seat. Black for a Big bike like Electraglide is like to paint in black an airplane. Sinister…
    Just my opinion.

11. 11 Bigalyts Mar 12th, 2010 at 11:05 am

For what it’s worth, I think HD has made a true LTD semi-production Bike. I am tired of hearing HD’s claims of a “Collectors” Bike and all the normal hype.from the CVO Bikes. This Bike should be able to capture a Crowd around anywhere it goes, especially with all the popularity of Baggers. This is priced pretty good considering all of the accessories that come with this Bike. If you break it down and figure Value $3- $4,000 extra for the Motor Work, $1500 for the Paint, $2 G’s for the Wheels and $1500 for the Brembos that’s $9 G’s plus the HD extras, there is pretty close to $36,000 in value. At the end of the Day you have a Conversation Piece that you can Ride and Tour and for “MR. GOLDWING”, You got a Harley Davidson, something that even the Great Honda Corp. hasn’t figured how to Duplicate !!!!!!!!!!!

12. 12 cwglide Mar 12th, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Black never fades away. Something about black and chrome that just pops. For awhile the Night Rod was HD top selling VRSC according the local dealer anyway, no surprize to see more “Dark” editions. I love motorcycles in general. But I’m more partial to HD it’s what i like and feels like a bike when i ride. But the Goldwing? I have to draw a line when about 3 yrs ago at the CW International show Honda released air bags on the Goldwing. F**king nuts!!!.
    I digress, I am liking this Dark Edition, bring it HD!!

13. 13 cooldaddy51 Mar 12th, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Serialized until they sell abunch of them then the “limited” edition will be ramped up for another 100,000 units.Seen this before.If you are going to be in those numbers might as well drop another three large and get Big Dogs Bulldog and have something different for a change. Quicker and alot more head turning capability . Just my opinion.

14. 14 HJ Mar 12th, 2010 at 4:11 pm

$36,000? What’s the going rate on a refi?
    The only MC patchholder who could afford this bike would be from the Sons Of Anarchy

15. 15 stella blue Mar 12th, 2010 at 5:47 pm

The wheels are the Agitator in get this :Contrast Chrome”. i asked h-d corporate if they contacted PM on that and the answer was ‘Yes, we did.” I believe they’re made in Australia; not easy to get chrome and powder looking that good and at a good pricepoint.

I was surprised PM didn’t trademark it, like Contrast Cut.

16. 16 hddave Mar 12th, 2010 at 6:04 pm

I still want one!

17. 17 Lyle Mar 12th, 2010 at 6:22 pm

HJ: You’d be surprised.

18. 18 Mike the mechanic Mar 12th, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Got to have one………

19. 19 Rick Fairless Mar 13th, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Hey David, I resemble that remark!

20. 20 Shooter Mar 15th, 2010 at 11:17 am

harley is just too damn greedy!!!should have been a regular standard model for 19,000

21. 21 09 Indian Rider Mar 15th, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Harley has only made one REAL collectors edition in the past 50 years.
    Confederate Edition.
    Harley is such a rebel they won’t even claim it now days.
    Not PC.

22. 22 Johnny Mac of The Great White North Mar 17th, 2010 at 11:41 am

Hey Mr. Goldwing – let me begin by just laffing my ass off – buck up & ride the real thing. By the way – HONDA really means “Harley Owners Never Drink Alone”.

23. 23 Randy Mar 29th, 2010 at 12:48 pm

bigalyts- got it right—its a pretty good value when its all said and done- just do the numbers. The biggest problem was to be able to find a dealer that did not already have a depot on one)–I called 6 dealers here in the Phila. area. and finally found one about 30 miles away.

As for the “blacked out look”—The good thing about black is that it looks good with about all other colors and its easier to match a part or paint touch up than others,especially other CVO previous colors.I also considered that this bike will hold its value some what better than any others out there right now.

Here in the east–I’m looking forward to the heated seats and grips !
    I do need some advice on what hi performance slip -ons should be used for this bike- I’m sure I will not want the ” stock sound” even though they are screamin eagle pipes.Also considering chaging the air cleaner to a hi-flow used on the CVO convertible.