Custom Triumph Thruxton

A well known Austrian builder and restorer and also Triumph dealer named  Jürgen Schnaller slightly modded a Thruxton model, added flat side Keihin carb, high compression pistons, ported and polished heads and completed the engine work with a Raask exhaust system. And all this for a reasonable Euros budget. Same can be done here in the US for less in dollars than a comparable stock Harley. Which bike the young crotch rocket crowd would choose? I asked around me to a few less than 30 year-old youngsters. And the answer is unanimous: if they had to ride retro…they would prefer a Triumph.

6 Responses to “Custom Triumph Thruxton”

1. 1 Lyle Mar 26th, 2010 at 1:54 pm

That’s a sweet looking bike. I love both the modern Thruxtons and the Cafe’d Sportsters but the Thruxtons have more class in my book. I own two Ironheads but sadly lack a Thruxton…How do the Thruxtons compare to a Evo Sportster in terms of perfomance?

2. 2 David Mar 26th, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Boy this is just great ….. Send us to a website to check out a guys bikes and you cant even read the site and on top of that he’s playing American Blues music (which is great) but I would still like to be able to read his website !!!!!! Nice bike….I would like to have one !!!!1

SSDD: David

3. 3 Roady Mar 27th, 2010 at 10:47 am

Tempted to buy one instead of a Sportster.

4. 4 Iron Horse Mar 27th, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Love the bike! My first bike was a Triumph and I really wish I’d never sold it…however, one of these might make the pain go away.

5. 5 Joe Mielke Mar 29th, 2010 at 8:21 am

Very pretty motorcycl.

Peace
    Joe

6. 6 LCFab Mar 29th, 2010 at 10:49 am

I dont remember the numbers exactly, but its barely less torque, a little more HP, and around 65 pounds less in weight, plus its well balanced, smooth and dependable! I own 2 bonnies, a former sportster guy myself, and well like I said, I own 2!