Rebuilding A 1914 Harley-Davidson 10-B For The Cannonball Run

How not to find charm and appeal in these one century old motorcycles getting prepped for the 3300 mile Cannonball coast to coast endurance run. After introducing you to Cris Sommers Simmons, the only American woman participating to this grueling cross country journey, a video of another participant: Bill Rodencal, Harley-Davidson Museum Archives Restorer And Conservator. Introduction to his 1914 Harley 10-B motorcycle that he will be riding in September.

7 Responses to “Rebuilding A 1914 Harley-Davidson 10-B For The Cannonball Run”

1. 1 Grey Beard Apr 24th, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Gotta love it when someone has the respect and passion to bring the old iron back to life.
    There ain’t many unmolested left now a days.

Thanks Cyril, Keep us informed on the progress about the Cannonball Run.

2. 2 Ron Apr 26th, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Really amazing stuff and having built classic stuff before I appreciate the commitment to finding the original parts. Love it.

3. 3 cwglide Apr 26th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I would have to think the Cannonball Run will be covered by one of the MC network programs. You would think that the History Channel would be interested. I would like to watch it, and find out their schedule and ride with them part way. Exciting!

4. 4 maroco Apr 26th, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Realy good to see, good exemple of restauration.

5. 5 Christopher Apr 27th, 2010 at 9:36 am

Realy good to see, good exemple of restauration.

6. 6 Dale Kraus Apr 27th, 2010 at 9:45 am

Restauration? Not exactly. I think restoration.

7. 7 Buzz Kanter - American Iron Magazine Apr 29th, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Bill is a great guy and real asset to the industry. I look forward to riding with him on the Motorcycle Cannonball IF I get my 1915 Harley finished and ready in time.

Crusher