European Champion Of Custom Bike Building

You are looking at KCosmodrive, probably the most radical custom motorcycle built in 2010.

Pushing the technical boundaries of what a custom build is, this bike already won top honors in all bike shows where it was entered and was recently sacred European Champion during the AMD Championship Of Bike Building held one month ago in Germany.

On the wish list of custom builder Marco Cinquini from Garage 65 in Pisa, Italy, the ultimate title of AMD World Champion. It will be decided in Sturgis and I hear that Marco has still a few more tricks up his sleeves that he wants to incorporate to KCosmodrive before showing it to you in South Dakota. This radically designed lowrider features a very sophisticated hub-center steering system that I let you discover via the pictures. Does it work properly? Yes. Professional builders of the industry who are the judges of all AMD Championship events didn’t find any flaws. Is it practical for an every day ride? Not really. But again, without “excesses” the entire motorcycle scene would stagnate… Except the engine (TP 124″), the transmission (Baker Drivetrain 5-speed), the brake calipers (Brembo), the wheels (both 16.5″ x 5″), the tires (Moto GP), everything belonging to Kcosmodrive was handmade or one-off machined. It’s all about merit. Garage 65. (Horst Roesler photography)

21 Responses to “European Champion Of Custom Bike Building”

1. 1 Sean Apr 26th, 2010 at 7:56 am

Wild stuff. Very cool.

2. 2 Dale Kraus Apr 26th, 2010 at 7:58 am

Wish to see this one run, turn and brake.

3. 3 T-bone Apr 26th, 2010 at 8:01 am

Does anyone these days care about Rideability? This is a very nice piece of ART but where is the function? I have been building customs since 2000, and I just don’t see the reason for spending $40,000 in parts for something you can’t ride.

4. 4 burnout Apr 26th, 2010 at 9:40 am

I want to ride it! peace

5. 5 Pipes Apr 26th, 2010 at 10:56 am

Indian Larry is probably spinning in his grave. But I must say it looks very cool.

6. 6 Wikked Steel Apr 26th, 2010 at 11:30 am

Pushing the design envelope further still. I love it!

7. 7 gustian Apr 26th, 2010 at 11:42 am

Always the same discussion about functionaityl or just something to look at.

If it’s something to look at, it’s nice, verry nice.
    If it was ment to ride with, then I have questions……..

I agree with Pipes, me also, I am a great admiror of Indian Larry and I think he would rise his eyebrows……..But although, great looking piece of (bike)art.

Peace Gustian

8. 8 gustian Apr 26th, 2010 at 11:43 am

ahum ,functionality ……..

forgive me my English, I’m Belgian lol

9. 9 Uruz Apr 26th, 2010 at 11:56 am

Stupid.

10. 10 Jeff & Robbie Apr 26th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Ugly… what have we come to???

11. 11 Jeff & Robbie Apr 26th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Ugly… what have we come to?… this!!!

12. 12 Eric Maurer Apr 26th, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I love the new concepts that come out of these shows, but I really wish we would get back to motorcycles looking like, and functioning like, motorcycles. I used to read magazines, go to shows and admire others work to get an idea of what I could do with my own motorcycles, cars, boats, etc. but when I see something like this, I don’t see anything I could use as inspiration for my next project. It is an amazing peice of art and engineering yes, but is it a really a motorcycle?

13. 13 Dave Blevins Apr 26th, 2010 at 5:32 pm

These “fantasy” bikes are great for inspiring younger enthusiasts, drawing crowds of riders and non-riders alike, plus create a lot of buzz, and once in a great while a true innovation is born and becomes commonplace, such as airbag suspension. Of course old bastards like me and many other commentors on Cyril’s pages know this type of bike was never really meant for the open road. As designers and builders of our own machines this goes without saying. Bashing the thing for being something it was never intended to be, is pointless. It is a “show” bike… just think of it like the Batmobile, you can’t drive it to work everyday but it’s fun to look at.

14. 14 john reed Apr 26th, 2010 at 6:41 pm

> John Reed wrote:

Many years ago The Birmingham Museum of Art, in England had an exhibition called
    THE ART,CRAFT AND LIFESTYLE OF THE CUSTOM BIKE MOVEMENT.
    I had several bikes there including quite a radical Gold Yamaha showbike.
    Below is a summary of a phone interview by BWN ,a mainstream media group,

BWN:Some people say that show bikes do not run.
    > me: Some dont, mine do because I ride them in and out of every show
    BWN: Have you ridden the Gold Yamaha
    me: lots of times
    BWN: whats it like
    me: Its possibly the worst handling motorcycle I have ever ridden
    BWN: Why take a perfectly good motorcycle and change it so its virtually unridable
    me: Possibly for the same reason they customize a perfectly good shot gun, with gold plate
    and engraving so its virtually unshootable
    Maybe its a good way of saving craftsmanship for the next generation,and in this case, I have kept my craftsmanship for myself rather than doing it for some rich white boy.
    thats the way I still feel

It doesnt matter what bike you buy or make , whether it is a drag racer, cruiser, road racer, something just to impress and showing off with or any other, as long it has 2 wheels and an engine its a motorcycle and the owners should respect each other because they are all bikers lucky enough to be in a fraternity of individuals.
    You may not like show bikes,but before you m/f them ,keep your friggin mouth shut and just stand back and appreciate the workmanship of someone who is prepare to spend a lot of his time and money making something purely because he want to .
    If you just dismiss someones bike as crap because its a type you dont like that you are guilty of gross arrogance .
    and before you hurt someones feelings remember most people love their own bike just as much as you love yours

15. 15 Sean Apr 26th, 2010 at 6:47 pm

ahum ,functionality ……..

forgive me my English, I’m Belgian lol

16. 16 maroco Apr 27th, 2010 at 1:42 am

This bike have great possibilitys to continues development, at the first loock the front tire is to big,
    but it´s easy to change for another more indicated. (Of course this is kind of prototype and prototypes can be change at some points)

17. 17 Max Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:06 pm

wear a Valentino couture gown is absolutely not credible, because it exists in high fashion style as well as the exercise bike in the show.
    The bikes are only the end of exposure to themselves why this bike I think grandiosa.Provate looking at the Sturgis motorcycle that won in recent years.
    Sorry for my bad English but I used an online translator.
    Maximilian Italy

18. 18 Max Apr 27th, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Garage65 and Viareggio and not Pisa.

19. 19 The Producer Apr 27th, 2010 at 5:41 pm

It could be used in an upcoming super hero movie!

I like it becuase it would make my neck snap back and take a second, third or fourth look at it if were in any show. I hardly understand the mechanicals and engineering behind this or many of the exotic machines I admire but this doesn’t keep me from admiring what someone can do with their heart, hands and their head.

If people didn’t dream different dreams we would still be putting around on pre-WW2 cycles. But thankfully people love to dream and thats why we have all the manufacturers and builders we have today.

Keep up the great dreaming and building out there.

The Producer

20. 20 David Apr 27th, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Why is thing finished out so nice and then they left the god awful steering motor raw and unfinished????

SSDD; David

21. 21 CM Apr 27th, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Very thought out and well executed design! Id prefer to see this than a Bolt on catalogue ‘Custom’
    I cant wait to see how the STurgis judges observe it.
    Last year i was floored with some of the bikes that were in the Top 10!