SS Trike Now In Production With S&S Cycle X-Wedge Engine

All year 2010 SS Trikes currently in production and next year models are now running the EPA certified 117″ X-Wedge engine rom S&S Cycles. Engine is coupled with an automatic 2-speed with lock up torque converter 2-speed automatic transmission.

SS Trikes are produced in Wisconsin by Olmax Fabrication and introduced with the 1st production model introduced during the 2009 Sturgis Rally. To attract dealers the SS Trike is offered for a limited time on a consignment basis (Call Jason Neiman at 715-435-3132) Current options that are available for the SS Trike include a higher and more forward positioned seat, a passenger backrest, windshield, enclosed trunk and trailer hitch and other paint schemes than the avocado color on the trike featured above. SS Trikes.

27 Responses to “SS Trike Now In Production With S&S Cycle X-Wedge Engine”

1. 1 Brian May 7th, 2010 at 7:21 am

This might be the ugliest bike/trike I’ve ever seen.

It reminds me of a big wheel……it just needs pedals.

That being said, I’m glad to see the X Wedge being used.
    S&S took a big leap with it and it seems like a good product.

2. 2 Dave Blevins May 7th, 2010 at 7:51 am

It’s cute… but I don’t really know who the target market is.
    I’ve never seen one in person, but it looks a little too low to offer much visibility in traffic and likewise could be very hard to see in multi lane traffic making it impracticle for touring…
    It has good looking bodywork and likely is expensive, so may be a little pricey for banging around town, but hey, nothing practical about a Corvette either and I like them a lot! Bet this thing is quick too.
    Best of luck guys, hope you sell a bunch of ’em!

3. 3 Sniperman May 7th, 2010 at 8:13 am

Give me a break!

Whom ever at S&S came up with this disaster needs to be fired!……and his boss as well.

Desperate people do desperate things…..

4. 4 MC May 7th, 2010 at 8:51 am

Gotta agree with Bryan.

5. 5 MC May 7th, 2010 at 8:52 am

Sorry Brian, spelled your name wrong.

6. 6 Vision May 7th, 2010 at 9:05 am

I agree with Sniperman.

7. 7 Vision May 7th, 2010 at 9:08 am

Looks like a case of design by committee.

8. 8 Jeffrey Najar May 7th, 2010 at 9:51 am

Hey guys, The SS in SS Trike stands for Super Sport. It is not affiliated with S&S Cycle except that the trike comes with an X-Wedge.. Here is a video link to the introduction – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8agdvquYY It is designed to look like a Mattel Big Wheel.

9. 9 gabehcuoD May 7th, 2010 at 10:49 am

I had one of those as a kid ! 🙂 Why is there a steering damper as big as my arm on the front of this? Is this a geometry issue ? Hhhmmmmm? Kinda crazy going down the High-Way with your butt 8″ off the ground… Your face should line up just right for that Hummer bumper…. LOL

Hey, But its different ! Gotta give’em props for that !! Cool motor too ! !

10. 10 burnout May 7th, 2010 at 12:30 pm

looking at it makes me giggle like a schoolgirl! I wanna ride it! peace

11. 11 Irish Rose May 7th, 2010 at 3:48 pm

All it’s missing is a bell and a clown horn.

12. 12 BC May 7th, 2010 at 4:52 pm

Jason is a stand up guy and his trike is the most unique product to hit the industry in a long time. It’s truly an original design, and it conjures up images of terrorizing the neighborhood on Big Wheels.

I wish Jason the best. He should be delivering some of these to dealers this year. When we last spoke at the Fairless show, he was going to be bringing one down to put on Rick’s floor.

Bill

13. 13 cooldaddy51 May 8th, 2010 at 6:55 am

Visions of streamers off the grips ,baseball cards and clothespins,and yeah blue metalflake banana seats. For those of you not old enough try and figure out what I’m describing and pondering when I look at this trike. Nice work though .Quite unique.

14. 14 Doc Robinson May 8th, 2010 at 7:28 am

Unique. Bold. Daring. Striking. Innovative – all words that come to mind when I study this SS Trike. As Cyril himself says in his philosophy of customizing, “When you customize, don’t follow the crowd. Just follow your dreams. A custom shop should be a dream factory.” And Jason has indeed, followed his dream. And you guys who knocked it from the photos above, which don’t really communicate scale have got it wrong with some of your comments. Check out Jeffrey Najar’s link and I think you might reconsider. And gabehcuoD, if that damper really is as big as your arm, you need to get to the gym buddy, quickly, and as for “your butt 8″ off the ground”, all I can say is you have a funny idea of the length of an inch.

15. 15 Cade May 8th, 2010 at 8:26 am

Excuse me while I go BARF !

16. 16 Just my .02 May 8th, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Kinda cool…kinda not. Think I’d kill that lil engine cover/fairing dealie next to the grille on either side…change the paint scheme and then you’re talking.
    Interesting concept…just slightly overdone.

17. 17 GasolinePunk May 8th, 2010 at 5:17 pm

If someone ate a motorcycle… And then puked it back up… And then a dog ate the vomit and took a dump… That’s what I imagine when I look at that trike.

UGLY.

18. 18 J. Brown May 8th, 2010 at 5:22 pm

The avocado color doesn’t help the trike. You don’t show a color like that when you try to launch a brand. What a marketing mistake.

19. 19 Jenna May 8th, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Looks like a toy out of a cartoon. Suspecting that it will not sell.

20. 20 Charlie Lecach May 10th, 2010 at 7:30 am

Beautiful lines and a perfect balance !
    Sorry, I’m just joking…

21. 21 BigWave May 10th, 2010 at 9:11 am

Well, if unique is what you seek…..sure as hell won’t have to worry about parking yours next to it’s identical twin at the local tavern, unles some knob buys two (his & hers). I see it’s available with an enclosed trunk. You can ride down the road looking like you’re sitting between the humps on a camel. Far out.

22. 22 zack May 12th, 2010 at 8:38 pm

i think its kickass looking

23. 23 RUB May 13th, 2010 at 12:13 am

I would not ride that “thing”

24. 24 The Producer May 13th, 2010 at 11:43 am

It looks a lot like a Hot wheel/Big Wheel. The green is off the older hot wheels cars from the 60’s I have a couple in this color. Also reminds me of a Sears three speed I had back in the early seventies that I stripped down and painted metalic gold/metalic purple and used as an off road bike before BMX bikes were created.

Building something different is what builders and creative people do. If it sells or not he sure had a heck of a time building it.

The Producer

25. 25 Bobby Jun 17th, 2010 at 9:42 pm

Being one of a hand full of people that have actually ridden and been involved in this project for awhile now I can tell you first hand its COOL it handles like an indy car compared to other trikes and being fully automatic w/reverse its gas and go! So someone with a handicap or just not feeling comfortable on 2 wheels its perfect!! It has that custom look of a chopper but the function of a factory bike Its comfortable which is a big plus visibility is not bad at all there are two seats available and the floorboards are adjustable so it does not matter if your 4’9 or 6’3 it fits , I love the guys that jump on a forum or shoot a negative comment and are quick to say thats ugly or someone should be fired for building it this is usually the people that have no idea what it takes to be creative or build something different in a market that everyones work is copied in some way, but on the other hand there usually the people that are new to the motorcycle industry been riding about a year or so and pay someone to change there so they don’t know what it takes!

26. 26 gary Dec 14th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Ive been looking for a trike design that i would want to drive and take home, well this is it . i have one leg and want to ride. this trike makes sense to me it has a low center of gravity and its easy to shift because its a two speed automatic. ill take one in black please.

1. 1 Tweets that mention SS Trike Now In Production With S&S Cycle X-Wedge Engine at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on May 7th, 2010 at 7:09 am
Crusher