Viper Motorcycle Company To Produce His Diamondback Super Cruiser In Alabama

The Viper Motorcycle Company (OTCBB: VPWI) announced its plans to begin manufacturing motorcycles in Auburn, Alabama. The Company will move its operation from Minnesota to Auburn, Alabama with full production beginning in 2011.

A brand new facility will become the new headquarters and production facility for Viper Motorcycle Company. Company executives state they expect the creation of 100 new jobs over the next two years.

Viper is known for his powerful and luxurious Diamondback Super Cruiser equipped with an all billet 152″ short stroke engine (144 ft/lbs torque at 3000 RPM) with their proprietary engine vibration dampening system and using oil-in-the-frame technology, an all carbon fiber bodywork providing greater strength with reduced weight.

Viper Motorcycle Company is a subsidiary of Viper Powersports. John Silseth, CEO of Viper Powersports intends to achieve an annual goal of 2000 motorcycles and 2000 aftermarket engines within 5 years. Viper Motorcycle Company

14 Responses to “Viper Motorcycle Company To Produce His Diamondback Super Cruiser In Alabama”

1. 1 Paul Aug 21st, 2010 at 5:23 pm

I wonder how many couldn’t accept their relocation offer compared to the 100 new jobs mentioned.

2. 2 Bigal Aug 22nd, 2010 at 11:04 am

I’m sure that they don’t have 100 People working at their present Factory now, anyways! These are Projections. You can build a lot of Motorcycles with a 100 Employees. This of course depends on Automation and Tooling, as we all understand. This is a very, well built Bike. I only saw 1 up close and I have seen that Bike several times. I would Love to ride 1 and be able to really Respect the Builder and the Viper as a True “Brand” Motorcycle.

3. 3 Dyno Dave Aug 22nd, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I think maybe a dealer network might help move these bikes. I hope they don’t make the same mistakes that took down Excelsior Henderson. Dyno Dave

4. 4 martin Aug 22nd, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Dyno Dave what was the mistake Excelsior-Henderson made?

5. 5 Fredp Aug 22nd, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Viper HAS a dealer network, including Strokers of Dallas. The boast about 15 dealerships. I’ve been on a lot of customs and this bike is way ahead of anything . American Iron Magazine did a writeup on this bike back in 2008. I can only imagine what that bike will do now with Ilmor engineering involved in tweeking that engine.

6. 6 Lyle Aug 22nd, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Huh, I live in Minnesota and never heard of them. I wen to their website and see they are/were based out of Hopkins MN and have a dealer (whom I drive by a lot) in Lakeville. Do they state anywhere why they are moving operations to Alabama? Could it be the business climate in MN?

7. 7 martin Aug 23rd, 2010 at 12:34 am

Fort lauderdale Florida Thundercycles has a couple of them

8. 8 Bigal Aug 23rd, 2010 at 8:04 am

I think Thunder has one as of July 1,. Their Dealer Network is Comprised of Dealers who in Better times said, Okay I take a Viper on “Consignment” ! Aient much of a Network for such a PRIMO MOTORCYCLE. I doubt there any of the Manufacturers that Build a Bike in it’s Class, including Polaris and Big Dog, and Indian as well. I mean for the overall quality and Build and the Ownership of their Own Engine and design.

9. 9 Bigal Aug 23rd, 2010 at 8:08 am

P.S. Dyno Dave for your Information, Henderson did and performed absolutely in Check. The Excelsior Henderson, made a lot of People, Millions of Dollars. That was what they were Designed to do, no more!

10. 10 Grayhawk Aug 23rd, 2010 at 10:58 am

Better business climate not to mention weather, Alabama seems to welcome a lot of industries, business wise, hope it works for them.

11. 11 jim Aug 23rd, 2010 at 11:43 am

nice look’n bike… hope it works out…

12. 12 greg Aug 31st, 2010 at 6:35 pm

wondering when you will be hiring for the auburn plant have worked in harley davidson service department field for approximatly 14 years and have my master of technology and live in auburn

13. 13 Tom Kuhns Sep 1st, 2010 at 12:56 am

Hell of a nice looking bike. When I bought my Big Dog The dealer ,Bikers Dream, had one and it was magnificent. I wish that I had been able to afford it, although I love my K-9. It is unfortunate that the owners chose to locate in The Cow Town University of Auburn. This school`s board of trustees is so smart they fired a winning football coach then had to buy-out his 95% guranteed contract .
    The the worst part was the football coach market at the time, was barren of even passable talent.
    but what do you expect from a football program that never has won a National Championship? I still wish all the best to Viper Motorcycles in spite of their, IMHO, chosen new location and much success in this damnable economic climate we have been saddled with.
    Tom Kuhns aka Tom Chop

1. 1 Tweets that mention Viper Motorcycle Company To Produce His Diamondback Super Cruiser In Alabama at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Aug 21st, 2010 at 1:43 pm