New Harley-Davidson LED Headlamp And Auxiliary Lamps

They are brighter and whiter in color and provide a superior light pattern over standard incandescent lamps. Compared to the yellow light of a traditional halogen bulb, the LED lamp produces a “daylight color impression” that appears more natural to the eye.

The solid-state LEDs are designed for long life, and the shock- and vibration-resistant lamp assembly mounts into existing light housings. Installation is quick and easy, and the plug-in lamps connect to the factory headlamp wiring. No external ballast or complicated wire harness is required.

The Harley-Davidson LED Headlamps is 7-inch or 5.75-inch diameter and feature two horizontal D-shaped lenses that focus light into a pool in front of the motorcycle, and separate high beam and low beam projector lenses that provide a focused beam of light in front. Available to fit many Touring, Trike, Dyna®, Softail®, Sportster® and VRSC™ models. The 4-inch LED Auxiliary Lamps feature three D-shaped lenses that focus the light and provide a matching appearance to the LED headlamp. These lamps replace the original equipment lamps in all models with 4-inch round auxiliary forward lighting. Installation may require separate purchase of an Adapter Harness. See an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer for fitment details.

12 Responses to “New Harley-Davidson LED Headlamp And Auxiliary Lamps”

1. 1 Quint Oct 9th, 2010 at 3:50 pm

As long as they’re not outrageously expensive (lol) I’ll have to get some.

2. 2 Seymour Oct 9th, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Man Harley is really up against the ropes right now. Getting pummelled. It will be interesting to watch to see if they can come out of this funk.

Not hating, just watching…

3. 3 Gas Man Oct 10th, 2010 at 12:05 am

The 5″ for the FLH is $599. The aux lights are $400. The small sporty sized headlamp $400.

I’ll keep my custom DDM HID kit. Running HID on the headlamp and aux lamps… On delays for better power conservation on the battery. $250 total! Lot more than plug and play.

I told the guys at my dealer that I would challenge the next bike to get those to a brightness competition LED vs my HID.

Either way it’s nice to see HD leading some inovation with these. Expensive or not. HIDs were even more expensive than these and they are now down to under $100 a set.

4. 4 Pepe Oct 10th, 2010 at 6:21 am

Nice, but there’s not an ECE compliant version

5. 5 ROGUE Oct 10th, 2010 at 6:44 am

I have upgraded the bulbs on my 2009 FLHTC and am satisfied with their operation though I am interested in adding some more light to the front of the motorcycle.
    I did add a set of the motolights to the front end of my 2004 FLHT and though there is a improvement I am not thrilled with the amount for what they cost.
    I did have a opportunity to ride with one of the iron butt guys that had a set of accesory light that really did work well and am looking for a set.
    Any suggestions?
    Any companies interested in supplying a set for a tech article.
    Thanks
    Rogue

6. 6 Cyril Huze Oct 10th, 2010 at 7:06 am

Complement of information:

LED Headlamps (7-inch diameter: P/N 73390-10, $524.95 and P/N 73391-10, $494.95; 5.75-inch diameter: P/N 73273-11, $399.95) LED Auxiliary Lamps (P/N 73396-10, $384.95 set of two)

7. 7 jim Oct 10th, 2010 at 8:50 am

anyone know why they’re so expensive ?

8. 8 Dave Blevins Oct 10th, 2010 at 10:42 am

Jim,
    It’s expensive only because it is new technology. We all know LEDs have been around for a while, but not in this type of application… give it a couple of years and the cost will be much less.
    I was involved in prototyping reflector bases (for a major home lighting manufacturer) utilizing white LEDs 4 years ago, and their cost has come down significantly since that time… it likely is the future of most lighting applications home and auto.

9. 9 vrodder Oct 11th, 2010 at 7:34 am

Well Kuryakyn has a 7″ LED headlight for $299. Same claims and almost half the price. Just an FYI.

Ride safe,

Jim

10. 10 dragon Oct 11th, 2010 at 3:41 pm

in a couple years they will have something new to replace these with

11. 11 1550tc Oct 11th, 2010 at 10:06 pm

v rodder probably the same FLING LING lighting comapany in china where HD gets them from from

FLING LINGLITE he other family member 🙂

12. 12 kevin Jun 1st, 2011 at 8:32 pm

jw speaker.com he is the producer of the new HD led headlight…..currently all the lighs are on back order as HD wants some specs beefed up!!!!!!!! from what HQ told me via phone……………..

Crusher