Best Of Show Netherlands Big Twin And Zodiac Dealer Expo

Held last weekend in Eindhoven, Netherlands the Big Twin Expo and Zodiac Dealer Show (both shows under the same building on one side for professionals, the other side reserved to dealers) had a very nice turnout of competing custom bikes in all styles coming from all over Europe.

Best Of Show was this radical 1980 Yamaha XS 650 belonging to Gareth Ruddy. In addition to the evident like this long Springer front end with twisted legs, the few things I know is that the gearbox is stock rebuilt, that the front wheel comes from a BSA with drum brake while the rear wheel is from a Harley, that the oil tank is a one-off by Murrey Customs, that the rear fender was provided by 8Ball Choppers and the bars by Heartland Choppers. (pictures bike copyright Onno Wieringa. Picture show copyright Horst Roesler)

15 Responses to “Best Of Show Netherlands Big Twin And Zodiac Dealer Expo”

1. 1 CHOPMONSTER66 Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:18 am

sweet ride ,nice to see people braking from the pack and doing what the want..

2. 2 Doc Robinson Nov 9th, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Rear wheel is nice. 🙂

3. 3 Tech Nov 9th, 2010 at 4:35 pm

The whole bike was built by Murray Customs.

4. 4 RUB Nov 9th, 2010 at 6:12 pm

looks like you need to be about 4 ft tall to ride that thing . seat hight / mid controls ……………………………….

5. 5 jatinder pal Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:22 am

Nice bike man….love the front end.

6. 6 Hans Prost Nov 10th, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Really was a great show! This year no H-D in the top three, first and second place; XS 650.
    For me a pity this XS took first place, otherwise I would have won a trip to Sturgis……………..
    Why so? My LynXS took second place!
    Quiet happy with it ! Congrats Gareth, have a good trip to the States next year!!!! XSee you, Hans.

7. 7 BANDIT Nov 15th, 2010 at 10:01 am

way cool my friend .got to love the twins,

8. 8 Eliza Nov 15th, 2010 at 11:42 am

Wrong guy on the pic….

9. 9 Wade Nov 17th, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Yes it is the wrong guy in the picture, we transported this for Gareth Ruddy, the photographer asked me to stand in the photo, I said it wasn’t one of our bikes, he said he wanted to take a couple of shots anyway, I was assured it was only for focusing purposes, I even look like I don’t want to be there, if this has offended anyone it was unintentional and frankly I’m fucked off that this has been published

10. 10 G Nov 19th, 2010 at 5:31 am

Wade, chill dude we would nt even be reading this blog if it were nt for you having transported the bike. Never mind a trip to sturgis and a wad of cash. No-one seems to have anything positive to say-human nature. Everyone is intitled to there opionion. Except the guy that said the front suspension does nt work and the bike is not ridable (the drive chain a frame member??what ??). Got me to work and back for 3 months and Im not 4ft- believe me. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Murray? google has turned up nothing. I know he is in Aus. As for the origon of the bike, I bought the bike as a pile of parts off ebay for £2000 from a guy called Dave. I noticed marray’s frame was a work of art. and saw the bikes potential. I later found out that my favourate bike the’ koffin hopper’ was built by him. I am very proud to own this ride and hope that Murray is pleased with the finished product and that the bike is getting the recognition it deserves. When I bought the project it came with photos of the bike in it’s previuos form, Will scan and post..
    PS. thanks Hans you are a gentleman.

11. 11 Hans Prost Nov 19th, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Posted a pic of your XS chop in mockup fase already in April on our Dutch XS 650 site.
    got some great pics of the Bigtwin Show, just drop me a mail.

12. 12 wayne murray Nov 30th, 2010 at 10:43 pm

you did well mate,bike looks good,give me a shout if ya wanna know mare aboot it,now take the bike to sturgis,and send me a bottle o rum….murray kustoms

13. 13 wayne murray Nov 30th, 2010 at 11:01 pm

this ones for the half wit that says the front end dont work an the chains a frame member,ever since the internet was invented and bike building came on tv,every fuckers an expert,looks like your one,now go back into yer shed an make broom broom noises on yer stock goldwing…thanks for reading this….murray kustoms

14. 14 G Dec 9th, 2010 at 4:57 am

Thanks, great to hear from you man! Glad to have your stamp of approval. I will be in touch.
    G

1. 1 Tweets that mention Best Of Show Netherlands Big Twin And Zodiac Dealer Expo at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Nov 9th, 2010 at 9:42 am