Introduction To An All Original 1913 Harley-Davidson

Great narration to introduce you to 1 of the 3 known all original 1913 Harley-Davidsons.

9 Responses to “Introduction To An All Original 1913 Harley-Davidson”

1. 1 Fluke Dec 10th, 2010 at 9:44 am

This bike was for sale on eBay a month or so ago. It didn’t meet the reserve.

If only I had the cash.

2. 2 Knucklehead Dec 10th, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Whats the rod he keeps pulling up and down on for???

3. 3 Gas Man Dec 10th, 2010 at 5:16 pm

What a bike!! WOW!! Simply amazing! Thanks for the share Cyril.

4. 4 Barry Brown Dec 10th, 2010 at 7:26 pm

the rod is attached to the cutout on the muffler . When you pull the rod upwards it opens up the exhaust so that you have straight though no muffling! Listen for the change in the exhaust note. This was supposed to give more power at high speed but began to be a cause for concern amongst Joe Q.Public as “hooligans” as they then called them would roar through town with the cutouts open. Some cars back then were similarly equipped.
    A letter from a cop to the editor of “Motorcycling Chicago” magazine circa 1913 states that he would pursue these motorcycle troublemakers and speeders and get them to stop by shooting out their tires! Those were the days! PS it is my 1913 in the video! Cheers, Barry

5. 5 Bigalyts@aol.com Dec 11th, 2010 at 10:21 am

Wow! That’s all anybody can say! I want to know what it feels like to Own this 1913 HD and ..The Largest collector in the World, can’t posses? How does it feel to Own this Bike and Jay Leno, with all his entire collection does not have one of these? How does it feel to be able to store this in your House and be able to look at your Retirement Fund anytime you want.? How does it feel to be able to Ride that piece of History. I would not trade for both of Leno’s Superior’s! I don’t think the OCC Boy’s can’t knock this Bike off! Just kidding, I saw when they built a Superior Chopper for Leno! I hope you enjoy and continue to Own the Bike in THE BEST of HEALTH!

6. 6 Dave Blevins Dec 11th, 2010 at 10:36 am

A wonderful old machine. Thanks for sharing it with us.

7. 7 Barry Brown Dec 11th, 2010 at 3:06 pm

HA HA ! thanks for the comments. I guess I should leave it original . I was going to make a “theme” chopper out of it. I think Jay can afford any darn bike he wants.

8. 8 Jim Petty #55 Dec 11th, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Although I’m an Indian man this is a very nice original HD. I’m impressed by several things about its condition and really amazed at the condition of the gas gauge. Very sweet ride Mr. Brown.

9. 9 nicker Dec 11th, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Great to see such bikes actually being ridden, not just “collected.”

-nicker-