Mikuni HSR48 Performance Carburetor For Big American V-Twins

Factory or custom built, “High Tech Wonder Bikes” have increased displacement requiring the highest air flow possible, highly accurate fuel metering, and precision throttle response.

Following the popular HSR42 & HSR45 carburetors for stock and mildly modified Harley-Davidson and other V-Twins, Mikuni is now offering the HSR48 Flat Side Carburetor, a must have for highly tuned big American Big Twin motors.

This smooth-bore carburetor offers the highest air flow, a new extended main jet and larger fuel valve to assure ample fuel supply. It has` all the same features and big performance gains as all other HSR carburetors and is designed with an 8-roller bearing flat throttle slide assembly that allows an unobstructed venturi at full throttle to flow more air, while it mixes fuel more precisely at all throttle settings. Mikuni’s roller bearing throttle slide offers smoother throttle control and allows the use of a lighter throttle return spring for reduced throttle effort. The Mikuni adjustable accelerator pump provides instant throttle response in any riding or performance application. A high capacity float bowl prevents fuel starvation even under full throttle . The new HSR48 comes complete with rubber mounting flange, choke cable, remote idle adjuster and additional jetting. For more information, contact your local dealer or visi Mikuni Power.

9 Responses to “Mikuni HSR48 Performance Carburetor For Big American V-Twins”

1. 1 zyon Jan 4th, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I hate my Mikuni carb! Hate it with a passion. I’m just too damned lazy to put on a different carb.

2. 2 Tom Maioli Jan 4th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Love my Mikuni’s!!! I have had nothing but great results with any of my Mikuni’s. I changed cams and heads way back when, and called Mikuni in California and got great support from both Lee and Steve. For the street you would be hard pressed to beat the performance of a Mikuni. Thats my expierence.

3. 3 LENNY ASTC PERFORMANCE Jan 4th, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Great carb and when there is a tuning problem Mikuni has great support Lee at Mikuni will do anything to help.

4. 4 burnout Jan 4th, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Looking forward to playing with one of these 48’s. peace

5. 5 sickboy Jan 5th, 2011 at 7:50 am

I have run this carb for 2 years now and it made my performance motor streetable. wonderful response from idle up. Just be sure your application needs this much delivery. I’m lucky to see 20 mph

6. 6 A 1 CYCLES Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:57 am

mikuni carb is so much more performance oriented than a s&s, the good ole super series, has an idle mixture,intermediate jet and a main jet, with an accelerator pump to patch up a hole on quick throttle openings, then you can add a thunder jet or two for proper fuel atomization, for a total of 5 circuits, even when its right there is still a 5/16 inch throttle shaft and throttle blade in the way of airflow, the mikuni has over 8 tuning circuits and when its open you have a thin little needle in the way of airflow…the reason supers are so popular is becuase old school harley guys only have to change the 2 jets and turn a screw and they will get you down the road and the mikuni is made in japan….i own a dyno..the mikuni always wins. (untill you are running alky..buts thats another story)

7. 7 Iron Horse Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I’ve been using and tuning Mikuni’s since back in the mid 70’s. Great carbs and easy to work on once you get the hang of them.

8. 8 Jim Gianatsis / FastDates.com Jan 10th, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Zyon,Please read the Reply Posting terms regarding not using “hateful language”.

If you don’t like the color of your Mikuni you can always paint it another color, maybe Pink, to compliment your bike?

If there is a “running issue” with your Mikuni, it can easily be adjusted, corrected. After all, it is the bet running, best performing carb on the market. But then as you admit you’re “…just to damn lazy.”

9. 9 John K Jul 19th, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I love my HSR 42 I have lived here on the coast in California and at higher elevation in Park City Utah and in both places the Mikuni was able to be easily tuned to give max performance. I build my own bikes (not kit bikes) and all I will use now are Mikuni. They just work. The other big brand carb to me is a good carb but it doesn’t come close to adaptability of the HSR carbs. The only other carb I like to use on bike is the Dellorto but only because the really old dellortos do look pretty darn cool and they tune well. But for easy performance it is definitely Mikuni.