Harley-Davidson New Core Series Paint Program

Easy to understand that this paint program will also belong to the paint options you will be able to make when ordering your new model under the HD1 personalization program. The new Core Series paint program from Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories offers Harley owners the opportunity to create their own paint using select designs, colors, and finishes. Painted by professional artists and pinstripers to strict original-equipment standards, the Core Series offers 58 possible combinations utilizing five designs, six custom colors and the choice of gloss or denim finish.

A customer begins the Core Series process by selecting one of five designs: Two-Tone, Grind, Flames, Graphics or Touring Flames. All designs start with a black base, and are detailed with Vivid Black, Shiny Side Up Silver, Real Fine Red, Push the Boundaries Pink, Agave Blue or Iconic Orange accents. Each design is available in Denim or Gloss finish.

The Core Series is available as a complete set, including factory-fresh sheet metal, for many 2010 and 2011 Harley-Davidson Touring, Sportster, Dyna® and Softail® models, priced from $1,999.95 to $5,299.95. Core Series color sets are covered by a two-year factory warranty when installed within 60 days of purchase of a new Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. Core Series designs may also be applied to the customer’s undamaged sheet metal through the Sheet Metal Exchange Program, available for many models up to 10 years old, with no additional strip or prime charges. Core Series paint is available year-round and in unlimited quantities. Standard lead time is 45 days. See an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer for details or call 1.800.LUV.2RIDE in the U.S. or Canada.

25 Responses to “Harley-Davidson New Core Series Paint Program”

1. 1 Ricky Jan 5th, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Except the top right, they are pretty good paint jobs.

2. 2 Jose Murry Jan 5th, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Harlety is going to make money on these. Good for them.

3. 3 2Low Jan 5th, 2011 at 1:50 pm

There was not any real bike innovations, models during these recession years. So a semi custom paint job may help to rejunevate the line up.

4. 4 zyon Jan 5th, 2011 at 3:24 pm

The top right tank looks like it has a “sand through” right where the tank meets the seat…Harley can’t even complete work good enough for photographs. I don’t care if I never sit on another Harley again.

5. 5 Eric Maurer Jan 5th, 2011 at 4:39 pm

As long as dealers use local talent, than I support this completely! Give the customer a chance to design something custom for their new scoot and give a local painter some business…. win, win!

6. 6 Jacky Jan 5th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Eric Mauer. You completely misunderstood. Harley is doing the paint jobs in Milwaukee. Dealers are not going to use local painters!

7. 7 Waitaminute Jan 5th, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Zyon –

That’s a “bar & shield”. All the bikes have that on them above.

8. 8 Robert Menz Jan 5th, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I think Harley got a pretty good idea. But a lot of guys are going to over customize their factory bike, and may regret later not having taken the time to think and search what other after-market part vendors have to offer. These guys are going to get financing on all these bolt-on parts. Good for Harley, but a no no for a customer. We know what happens when you overspend on a loan.

9. 9 Eric Maurer Jan 5th, 2011 at 7:16 pm

DAMMIT….. I thought HD actually had a good idea.

HEY Harley …. why not use local painters? Help support the local economy…. with no local economy, there will be no one left to support you!

10. 10 Ronnie Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Me too, I like these paint jobs. Bikers are emotional. If they like a paint job they have difficulties resisting to a bike.

11. 11 Woody Jan 5th, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Very nice. Some good choices there for folks who want something a little different but want to have zero wrenching involved. Good to finally see something that looks like there was a little input from folks who actually like bikes.

12. 12 Woody Jan 5th, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Why would we need to have Harley involved with local painters? I thought anyone was allowed to drop their own tank off at a local painter 😉

13. 13 Quint w/HogRadio.net Jan 5th, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Maybe these paint jobs will make it easier for some of us to find our bikes in the parking lot? I’m diggin’ the blue and the #1 skull, but, paying for it is a whole ‘nother story.

14. 14 Matt Olsen Jan 5th, 2011 at 10:41 pm

this makes a lot of sense. I hope that more customers take advantage of the chance to be more involved with their bike before they buy it.

15. 15 CHOPMONSTER66 Jan 6th, 2011 at 6:40 am

wow , now only half the bikes in the parking lot will look the same..

16. 16 Hungouver Jan 6th, 2011 at 7:36 am

Yawn

17. 17 Cobb Jan 6th, 2011 at 9:42 am

CHOPMONSTER66 to funny thats exactly what I was thinking

18. 18 Charlie in Marietta Jan 6th, 2011 at 1:04 pm

These are Okay but the prices are typical of Harley. Colormania does it better and more reasonably priced — and with a 5 year guarantee. I got mine from Colormania.

19. 19 DynoDave Jan 6th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I see a problem with the end user having no vision. Most want to be something they are not. If an extremely over priced paint set that there neighbor might have already ordered will make them happy I think they will enjoy it.
    An informed customer that is willing to leave the cookie cutter store and remove the blinders has a greater chance at finding and getting what they want.

Remember “STOCK SUCKS”

20. 20 Warrior Poet Jan 6th, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Hmmm… It’s been a while since I taught eighth grade math, but unless I’m missing something there would be 60 possible combinations, not 58. (Five Designs X Six Colors X two different finishing choices)
    I don’t follow the Sportster scene much as I have no need for them other their motor (although the new XL does get great reviews) so pardon me if I’m incorrect in the following assumptions:

I see three tank styles in the photo, well, maybe even four, but the second and third ones look the same save for the absence of right side gas cap in the second.
    I also see three different console styles (again, possibly four if you count the LACK of a console as a style.) Understanding that the lack of console probably only goes with that first tank will just confuse me, so let’s just go with 3 Tanks X 3 Consoles X the aforementioned 60 combos gives us… (sound of abacus clacking…) 540 combinations.

Unless I’m way off, which is always a possibility, that narrows the odds of seeing your bike parked next to its twin.

Finally, apologies to any Texans who weren’t able to keep up with the math. 🙂
    If you’re from Oklahoma, well, you probably couldn’t read it anyway…

Chop-your link did not work.

21. 21 Warrior Poet Jan 6th, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Oops. I guess my reading skills suck as well. I was focused just on “Sportster.” Now upon actually READING I see that it’s for several different models.

22. 22 Woody Jan 6th, 2011 at 6:55 pm

so Warrior Poet, you’re from OK? (just kidding, aw got frindz in OK)

23. 23 Big Mike Jan 7th, 2011 at 10:21 am

On most of these replies it seems that everyone out there is looking for Harley to screw something up! It appears to me that Harley is trying to do something to help the regular guy on the street feel like he has a custom bike that he designed himself. Not everyone has a custom fab and paint shop in their garage. So many HATERS out there!

24. 24 Bigwoody Jan 10th, 2011 at 9:27 am

Stick with local painters. they can usually repair a chip. Ridiculous pricing Harley. but that is a given

25. 25 Brad Jan 25th, 2011 at 1:51 pm

How about H-D offering real options, like liquid or air cooled engines, bobber or cafe, brushed aluminum or chrome, etc. Then how about the dealers not marking up the prices so much? Then how about offering a sport bike? (Keep the H-D people away from Buell and MV Agusta!!!)