Kraft/Tech Sportster Rigid Frame.

Not sure why, but I get many requests of recommendation for a clean after-market rigid Sportster frame. Drifting to the old school style? Big amount of used Sportsters on the market at a cheap price?

Since you want to know one that I like (among others), this one accepting up to a 180 mm rear tire. In it you can cradle a Sportster engines from 1986 to 2003. It’s TIG-MIG welded from 1 1/4″ tubing   and available with neck rakes of 30 or 34-degree and up-stretches from 0″ to 4″ if you go the chopper route. One draw back for some, you can’t buy the frame alone, but the complete accessories kit. Kraft/Tech.

10 Responses to “Kraft/Tech Sportster Rigid Frame.”

1. 1 Mad River Motor Company Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:55 am

I have no relationship with them but Acme Choppers makes a great looptail sportster frame

2. 2 Wiz Jan 5th, 2011 at 9:23 am

I’ve used Kraft-Tech frames before, actually prefer them. Wiz

3. 3 WT Jan 5th, 2011 at 9:36 am

Doesn’t Drag Specialties carry these now? Thought I read that somewhere.

4. 4 HAPPY DAN Jan 5th, 2011 at 10:08 am

Led sled builds them any rake any stretch

5. 5 zyon Jan 5th, 2011 at 12:38 pm

My bobber has a KT frame. Solid welds rides straight. I like it so much I got a second one for a second build. 36 rake, 3 inch backbone stretch and wide enough for a 200 tire.

6. 6 Bad Monkey Jan 5th, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I’ve run a Kraftech rigid frame for over 6 years now and it’s held up great. I’ve also built 3 other bikes with their frames and all have performed very well.

Great frames at a reasonable price.

7. 7 No Skool Cycles Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I built a bobber using one of these frames, it worked great. I put a Buell engine in it, was the easest bike I ever built. I got my frame from Biker’s Choice, was just a frame with rear axle and spacer. Put it on the road for less than $5000.

8. 8 Eric Maurer Jan 5th, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I bought an Indepenance Hardtail Express that i ended up rebuilding, chopping, etc. but as it turns out, it was a Kraft Tech frame…… no complaints. It was straight, well designed, good welds and made for a good platform for my new build….. some people slam KT, but they are well made. You could do worse…. much, much worse! I would buy another frame from Kraft Tech in a heartbeat!

9. 9 Bad Monkey Jan 6th, 2011 at 10:15 am

A little known fact as well is that Kraftech makes all the frames for Sucker Punch.

10. 10 viking cycle Jan 8th, 2011 at 7:11 am

I used a Kraft Tec for my Evo Bobber (Love Monkey) and it worked out great.

Crusher