V-Twin Expo. The Battle Of The Tall Bagger Front Wheel.

In Cincinnati, the battle of the tall front wheel is raging between at least 4 companies. No more 21″ or 23″, but 26″ and 30″.

What most people still don’t know is that to fit a 26″ or 30″ size wheel on a Harley Touring Model is not just a bolt-on task. For those who want to venture in these new extreme configurations, Ballistic Cycles is offering not only these wheel sizes but also a combo of a special custom machined triple tree to use in conjunction with their “Neck Cut Wedge Kit” requiring welding. Important to know what it involves before making your decision…

33 Responses to “V-Twin Expo. The Battle Of The Tall Bagger Front Wheel.”

1. 1 Tommy Feb 6th, 2011 at 11:36 am

Small market due to the necessary modifications.

2. 2 666 Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:27 pm

gettin a bit ridiculous

3. 3 Eric Maurer Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:46 pm

when did baggers become the DONK of the motorcycle world. I don’t get it! This simply looks stupid. I know, I know, to each their own and all that, but come on….. 30″ front wheel, 5000 watt stereo….. its fine for your pimped out Escalade but for a motorcycke – I give it an F-

4. 4 fluke Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Don’t forget you can also get 24″ front wheels from Metzeler, I run one, it isn’t all about Vee Rubber Avons. Though they seem to get overlooked by most wheel shops.

I would never go bigger than 23 or 24″ for both handling and looking stupid issues.

5. 5 Fausto Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:50 pm

This just lend credibility to my saying:

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

6. 6 Fausto Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I meant lends not lend.

7. 7 1550tc Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Didnt we go down this road with rear tires 300 360 400 and now what back to 180-200…..great for shows as for real world riding ??

8. 8 Richard Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I saw several of these bikes at the Int’l MC show in Minneapolis yesterday. My first question is WHY? My first impression was UGLY!

9. 9 KSW Feb 6th, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I’m with the How does this improve ride and handling crowd.

At least they can be re smelted and made into something else
    when this short lived fad is over.

10. 10 LENA FAIRLESS Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I LOVE the huge wheels.

LF

11. 11 Bill Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Is this big wheel little johnson syndrome?

12. 12 Cantrell Feb 6th, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I think designers are back to taking Acid Trips! Enough crap to give you a headache.
    After looking throught these pictures a second time I now have that headache.

Cantrell

13. 13 Grey Beard Feb 7th, 2011 at 12:06 am

Oh geez…. here we go again, trying to re-invent the wheel.

14. 14 Keith Stone Feb 7th, 2011 at 12:09 am

This is RETARTED !!

The people that sport these must think, “Look at me, I have a huge………..AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. wheel”

15. 15 baddad Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:10 am

If you buy bike for riding and if you love to ride bikes then your choice is 17″ or + – 2″. For show bikes and posing, sky is the limit.

16. 16 Dotty Feb 7th, 2011 at 7:43 am

This is the gayest trend in motorcycling in years ….and some hokey shit has come down the pike in the last 10 years, But the big wheel look is the king

17. 17 SCOTT Feb 7th, 2011 at 8:22 am

perhaps the dumbest looking thing I’ve ever seen on a bike.

18. 18 Englishman Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:02 am

Can’t wait for the 35″ front with a 400 rear!!

You can’t tell me that you don’t look for the “Big Wheel” pedals when you see these things.

19. 19 fredp Feb 7th, 2011 at 11:17 am

wasn’t this bike the same one from last years show?

20. 20 Roswell Feb 7th, 2011 at 11:55 am

Hey , You guys should have been around in the early 70’s when the extended front ends started showing up . You would have been saying the same sh!t ….LoL ….

21. 21 hoyt Feb 7th, 2011 at 12:02 pm

looks & handling issues? Add making your engine look smaller to the list.

Englishman – right…400 rear, 35 front, & 70s stretched fork

22. 22 1550tc Feb 7th, 2011 at 12:41 pm

These guys might as well start giving us the look of the 1880 “high wheelers”. bicycles 48 inch front and 16 inch rear wheel!

This is the gayest trend in motorcycling in years YEP

same with 300-330 tires or the 20 up and 20 out OCC bikes

23. 23 Bigalyts@aol.com Feb 7th, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I don’t mean N.C. and S.C. >GETTING WAAAAAYYYY TOOOOO MUCH INFLUENCE IN ” SOUTH Of The Border” Customers ! Pretty soon I’m going to say “I Love Puerto Rico, I go back every year just to look at me Motorcycle, FRONT WHEEL” !

24. 24 WILLIE@TROPICALTATTOO Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:57 pm

KEITH STONE TOOK THE WORDS I would of used .not for ever one for sure..

25. 25 Iron Horse Feb 7th, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Englishman and Hoyt…Right on the money. What a bunch of crap with the oversized wheels. I suppose there will always be those that really want to overdo a good thing, but this is geting a bit ridiculous. What ever someone wants to do with their own bike is fine by me, but don’t try to push this as the latest and greatest ‘gotta have it’ fad. Most of the bikes that will be done with these will be trailer queens anyway. Lets see some really rideable trends on show bikes for those that want to put down some miles in style.

26. 26 Bigwoody Feb 7th, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Analize styling trends.
    Skinny fronts Less rubber on road,= poorer braking,less contact patch
    Fat rears:Hydroplaning on wet surfaces,poor handling.

Sell to novice bikers and today’s style builders.

Ask a “rider”.

27. 27 Keith Stone & Kiki Feb 8th, 2011 at 1:27 am

Mr, WILLIE@TROPICALTATTOO

I want to apologize… I actually looked at this this wheel, and for a brief moment became retarded. In fact, so much so I spelled retarded wrong like a retard. Cyril, should have given us a warning:

WARNING: dont look or EVEN THINK that you are going to install this type of nonsense on your scooter. It has dire consequences.. It will have you miss spell what you really are, or about to become…… We can all say it together RE………………………….

OK, that was funny I dont care who you are…..

No disrespect intended to the special needs with disabilities in the ‘real’ world…..

28. 28 Old Pat Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:24 am

110% ghetto. And stupid.

29. 29 B'COOL Products Feb 8th, 2011 at 10:55 am

like it or leave it there’s 29 comments before this one so it’s getting attention and doing its job! ….. and yes that is the new B’COOL front fender on that bike that debuted at the V-Twin Expo this past weekend. Don’t wait there going fast!

30. 30 Todd8080 Feb 8th, 2011 at 4:23 pm

All this could have been avoided if parents had bought their boys Mattel’s Big Wheel when they were toddlers. Now we’re forced to watch these poor deprived morons try to recreate the toy they never had. So sad.

It’s ironic that virtually all humor and virtually all Harley customization are based on exaggeration. Apparently the less your Harley looks like a Harley the cooler it is. No wonder “there” going fast.

I’m one of the fortunate few who actually likes Brooks Steven’s timeless designs. But then I’m also content with one cam.

31. 31 john reed Feb 11th, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I could have got it wrong,
    But I would have thought that the bigger wheels put a bigger
    footprint on the road than really small ones,and they would ride
    across holes/rough roads smoother,
    like motocross front tyres.

32. 32 road rash Feb 14th, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Be Cool, it might be getting attention NEGITIVE attention if that’s your goal….

1. 1 Tweets that mention V-Twin Expo. The Battle Of The Tall Bagger Front Wheel. at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:00 pm
Crusher