Gas Tank Extension For Harley-Davidson Touring Motorcycles

From Arlen Ness, this new winged tank extension to give a custom appearance to your gas tank for a  fraction of what it would cost you to buy a new after-market one or modify yours by cutting it, grinding and welding add-on extensions. It is made of high quality composite material and oven cured to insure stability over a wide heat range. Each extension piece has hand placed fibers strategically located to provide maximum strength to weight ratio. Each piece is primed and ready to paint. Will fit 09-up Street Glide and road Glide models, FLHX, FLHT, FLT, FLTR. Will not fit Road King models (FLHR) Gas cap not included. Requires modification of your stock seat or the use of an aftermarket one. $339.95. Arlen Ness.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

13 Responses to “Gas Tank Extension For Harley-Davidson Touring Motorcycles”

1. 1 2Low Feb 24th, 2011 at 9:42 am

Pretty good idea, but expect some adjustments. No gas tanks, including Harleys, are perfectly symmetric.

2. 2 Robert Werner Feb 24th, 2011 at 9:47 am

Makes me wonder why Harley never got the idea to improve it’s touring gas tank, offering a one-piece stock tank looking like this final result obtained from add-ons.

3. 3 Carter Feb 24th, 2011 at 9:53 am

With molding, primer and paint not so easy to do for perfect fit. But bolt-on, mild custom bike guys will love the idea.

4. 4 1550tc Feb 24th, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Arlen PLEASE team up with Russ W and just bring out a one piece 6-7 gallon tank with this shape/design.. PLEASE?

5. 5 Question Feb 24th, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Did I miss an obvious question here? Just how many gallons does it ADD?

6. 6 Joseph Feb 24th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Zero gallon added. It’s purely cosmetic.

7. 7 Roscoe Feb 24th, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Looks like something Victory would do.

8. 8 Eric Maurer Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:34 pm

sorry, I just don’t get customizing baggers…… I know, I know, all the kool kids are doing it. Whatev…. I just don’t get it. But hell, I am not kool…. and I doubt it fits all that well though, that seems to be a heavily modded bike (again….. ITS A BAGGER… ok, I’m done!

Having said that, KUDOS to HD for making something that is NOT chrome and does not have a gold eagle, Live to Ride moniker or that new Dork Kustoms skull.

To all those bagger owners who I offended…. don’t worry, you will have the last laugh as you ride by me when i am broken down on the side of the road with no tools or a blanket, lunch box, books, TV, DVD, cooler, laptop, puppy, change of clothes, tent, sleeping bag, sewing kit and inflatable raft (damn you can hold a lot in those bags :)

9. 9 Freedomlaw Feb 25th, 2011 at 7:30 am

Eric, I have a custom Bobber and three baggers. I look so cool on that Bobber, so long as I leave my cell phone at home (which I do) and the clothing that I am wearing at 8 a.m. is the exact clothing I will need at 8 p.m. I can’t even take two types of googles — whatever I leave home with is what I have for the druation.

Now, on my bagger, I don’t have a lunch box, TV, DVD, cooler, laptop or puppy, but I do have rain gear and a place to hold my leather jacket when it gets too hot. And, I usually have a book because I love to read and sometimes stop for lunch or dinner and read while I eat. When I am driving from one state to another, it is nice to have basic overnight stuff.

That said Eric, I love your sense of humor, but some of us actually like the idea of some comfort over hundreds of miles. Anyway, ride on.

10. 10 LENNY Feb 25th, 2011 at 7:49 am

Love it looks great Arlen

11. 11 Steve Hog Radio Producer Feb 25th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I’m with 1550tc why not make a larger/longer high capacity tank that looks like this. Otherwise nice looking stuff.

12. 12 jatinder pal Mar 3rd, 2011 at 5:42 am

looks good arlen…..Harley please see it.

13. 13 gas thermocouples May 7th, 2011 at 6:31 am

I find this interesting. For me and my brother are taking much time in finding and searching great motorcycle. We both love seeing motorcycle.

Metzeler