BAKER Goes In Reverse

When the legs are weak and your buddy (or your lady!) is not around to help you push your Harley-davidson touring bike backwards, you will be glad to have installed a reverse gear system. Bert Baker conceived one very easy to install and use. This brief video to demonstrate how to go to and from reverse gear. More info on the Factory F5R Reverse at toll free 1-877-640-2004 or go forward or backwards to BAKER Drivetrain Reverse

13 Responses to “BAKER Goes In Reverse”

1. 1 TodT Feb 25th, 2011 at 9:03 am

Pretty slick!

2. 2 LENNY Feb 25th, 2011 at 9:29 am

VERY NICE GREAT FOR THE HEAVY BAGGER.

3. 3 zyon Feb 25th, 2011 at 10:34 am

Good for older folks that might need the assistance.

4. 4 Eric Maurer Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I want one to use as a lock up so I can do burnouts!

5. 5 Mike Merritt Feb 25th, 2011 at 2:51 pm

A customer of mine had one at Sturgis, it was pretty cool! He couldn’t quit talking about how often he used it and how much he liked it, pretty much what you hear about any Baker product!

6. 6 Woody Feb 25th, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Great option for a sidecar! Nice that it’s available.

7. 7 1550tc Feb 25th, 2011 at 8:55 pm

a must have option on a trike…….nice product Bert

8. 8 Wiz Feb 26th, 2011 at 2:45 am

Hey Bert, Do you still have to replace the tranny mainshaft in order to install it? That’s kinda a bitch when compared to the Champion unit. Sure, I know it’s stronger that way, especially for reverse burnouts. If you changed that aspect I’ll be buying a few of these units from you. I’m still waiting for my 2011 calender with the airplanes, bikes, ‘an BABES from you. Like I said, put it on my card ‘an git it out to me. I don’t know what month, day, or even year it is! YUK-YUK!! Of course, it’s all right now anyway! Wiz Freebird Custom Motorcycles LLC

9. 9 ROGUE Feb 26th, 2011 at 8:13 am

I have recently installed one of the Baker Reverse on my 2009 FLHTC and I am very happy with it.
    As a matter of fact I wrote a tech arrticle on it.
    As always the parts were of excellent quality and in my opinion assembly was not hard and most people could do it with some basic tools Though a good hydraulic press is also needed.
    The kit retains all the gears and mainshaft But does replace the counter shaft and shift drum.
    A couple of features I really like is not having to reach down by the hot exhaust looking for a lever and the solonoid that locks it so that it can not accidently go into reverse or lock up in two gears at a time.
    I think this is going to be very popular with older riders on heavy bikes and or with some kind of physical condition.Of course it is a god send for three wheelers.

10. 10 Bigalyts Feb 26th, 2011 at 8:40 am

When I Grow small and have little Legs, I might need to get this unit Installed on my Bagger!

11. 11 ROGUE Feb 26th, 2011 at 9:37 am

If you are going to any of the events in Florida and park in some of the non paved areas you may find your self in a situation where you need help in backing out of a area.
    Even if you have strong legs if the ground under them keeps moving as you are trying to push you could be in trouble.

12. 12 Mark Moses Feb 27th, 2011 at 8:38 pm

We just completed an install of one of Baker’s Reverse kits on one of our OE Baker 6 Speeds on one of our new Indian Chiefs. Our client is in his 70’s and needed some help to back the bike up. It was so cool to be able to help him keep riding and enjoying. The install was straight forward but we did have to fabricate a rear cylinder exhaust pipe and heat shield. Great products like this help us all, Thanks to Bert and crew!

Mark Moses
    Indian Motorcycle Charlotte

1. 1 Tweets that mention BAKER Goes In Reverse at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Feb 25th, 2011 at 9:30 am
Crusher