Imperia GP Roadster

Long and tough economic times almost always bring a taste for everything retro, a trend that you can perceive in many areas like fashion, architecture and of course the automotive industry.

Another example of this trend towards retro designs is this Imperia, a car brand name that’s been dead for over half a century. To the pleasure of gorgeous lines, this Roadster add an ambitious technology developed exclusively for this vehicle. Using the principle of PowerHybrid® propulsion the driver can decide at any time, via a selector, the type of propulsion required, electric or hybrid. Using another control, the driver decides whether he/she intends to run the batteries down completely (in order to recharge them on the mains, having reached the destination), or wants to keep a reserve to be used when entering urban traffic. A beautiful ride that will set you back  about $110,000 or €80,000. All info you may want at Imperia Auto.

12 Responses to “Imperia GP Roadster”

1. 1 Boss Hawg Mar 22nd, 2011 at 7:37 am

Sweet.

Very nice to Imperia GP Roadster resurrected and of course Eco friendly, too.

Boss Hawg

2. 2 Dave Blevins Mar 22nd, 2011 at 10:13 am

Sorry to burst your bubble Boss Hawg,
    But there is no such thing as an eco-friendly car. Hybrid cars still burn fossil fuel, although not as much as a simple gas burner, and any electric car that charges its batteries on main line power does so as a result of burning coal (coal provides over 70 percent of electricity in America with hydro, nuclear, wind and solar providing the rest).
    It is a beautiful car and owning one would be sweet indeed, just don’t buy into the eco nonsense.
    By the way, any clean energy folks wanting to jump on the hydrogen bandwagon should know that over 90 percent of hydrogen is produced by refining natural gas!
    As for me and my house, we shall burn dinosaur bones until an actually viable source of alternate energy appears… been looking at a nice horse!

3. 3 maroco Mar 22nd, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Uau!Great design! Hope new tecnologies change the world for better fast.

4. 4 Boss Hawg Mar 23rd, 2011 at 11:17 am

Dave,

I took Energy and alternative energy courses in college. Anything that will run on alternatives is ECO friendly more than not. Focus on yourself and I’ll decide what and what not to buy into please.

Go blow bubbles and stick your finger in them again. Fire on the compression stroke and not the compression release…propels you further, faster.

Think positive and have a wonderful day!

Boss Hawg

5. 5 Jeff Nicklus Mar 23rd, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Boss,

OUCH!

Over & Out,

Jeff

6. 6 burnout Mar 23rd, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I am STILL tryin to get my bike to run on methane……….I have PLENTY of that!!! peace

7. 7 Boss Hawg Mar 23rd, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Hi Jeff,

No pun intended…lmfao. Maybe I was a little hard on my delivery…apologies Dave.

I will see you at PCB…riding in on the 27th and leaving the first. Making it a family affair with the GFs Mom (got her some biker gear…wink wink) and daughter. Working on what we spoke of with the manufacturer, too, lest we not forget please.

Vroom vroom vroom
    Boss Hawg

8. 8 Dave Blevins Mar 25th, 2011 at 9:50 am

No apologies necessary Boss,
    We are all entitled to our respective opinions on green technology. Coming from the coal belt of America, and occasionally involved in custom applications for Joy Mining Machinery (look them up online), I suppose I keep this topic a bit close to the skin.
    I mean no disrespect to you or your opinion, just relaying my own.

9. 9 zyon Mar 27th, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Dave, good luck being eco friendly with that horse…how have you eliminated the methane gas leak? The only way to be 100% eco friendly is with solar power and no emissions from an engine. But..it will never work because solar power does not support big oil business.

10. 10 jatinder pal Mar 28th, 2011 at 8:34 am

Like the curves but too much money.

11. 11 Chief Waldo Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:19 am

Don’t hold your breath waiting to see one of these in the good old USA…

12. 12 Danny F. Mar 28th, 2011 at 11:34 am

Looks like a kit car to me.. headlights, grill, windshield..looks cheap in my eyes… therefore waay overpriced for me..

Crusher