What Do You Get At Ducati For $11,995. A Monster 1100 Evo.

It just arrived in US dealerships and if I talk again about it it’s because I hear repetitevely that orders for this model are piling up. It’s the latest version of Ducati’s naked line sporting the 1100 Sports, a 100 HP L-twin engine, the most powerful 2-valve that the Italian maker ever made.

This new Monster model offers a super-smoother power delivery thanks to a more linear torque curve, a Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC anti-lock brakes and traction control) very rare on this type of “naked” bikes,  Brembo brakes, pinstriped 10-spoke wheels, advanced electronics in a light package of only 373 pounds. Killer look in only black or red. Ducati Monster 1100 Evo.

17 Responses to “What Do You Get At Ducati For $11,995. A Monster 1100 Evo.”

1. 1 Patrick Apr 15th, 2011 at 10:49 am

Nice looking bike.

2. 2 1550tc Apr 15th, 2011 at 11:36 am

this whole street fighter nakid bike is a real cool segment and for 12k ……they have winner!! 🙂

3. 3 jonesy Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Well, Ducati does actually have a bike called the Streetfighter. It’s $15k but it does have the 155 HP engine. I remember when that difference would have meant the world to me, but at this stage in life, if I’m buying a Duc, I’m getting the real-deal motor, no doubt about it.

4. 4 Ed Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I still prefer the look of the classic Ducati Monster before they changed the styling.

5. 5 nicker Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:56 pm

OK, not a bad looking bike…. with a hopped up Panta (budget-cam-belt-drive) engine.
    But some of us still remember the bevel drive SS engine….. way better looking.

-nicker-

6. 6 Luis Apr 15th, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I hope they fixed that nonsense w/ the gas tanks expanding.

7. 7 Dr Robert Harms Apr 16th, 2011 at 6:33 am

Im considering one as I need a new “normal” bike. Other options are the new 1200 Aprilia Dursodura and the MV Brutale. I just don’t understand Diucatis fasination with the paired ugly big fat mufflers. For me thats close to a deal killer.

8. 8 PAroadwarrior Apr 16th, 2011 at 7:01 am

Cool bike. I love the older Monster S4’s that have the the superbike engine. The valve train maintenance schedule scares me off, though.

9. 9 Fredp Apr 16th, 2011 at 10:53 am

Luis, the tank expansion was years ago. Ducati has fixed it. Triumph daytonas had that problem also on occassion.

PA road warrior: valve train maint after 2002 is at 6k and 12k intervals. I had a 2002 998s and at 6k did NOT need valve adjustments. I put 45k miles on that bike before buying another one.

Guys/Gals Ducati’s maint and pricing has come way down from years past. Just like we all complained about AMF harleys as poop!

I’ve had 3 superbikes and cost to run/maintain is no differnet than other superbikes.

Ducati, Italian, sexy, what more can we ask (eh Burnout!)

10. 10 bluv Apr 16th, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Is this the Tron bike?

11. 11 bluv Apr 16th, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Nevermind,I think its a sportclassic GT 1000

12. 12 Bigalyts Apr 17th, 2011 at 9:18 am

The nicest ever, to come out of GinItalty is the the DIavolo! If we are stepping out we must step up to this one, don’t you think jonesy?

13. 13 burnout Apr 19th, 2011 at 11:02 am

Dr Procter KNOWS sexy !!!!!!!! peace

14. 14 Jim Gianatsis / FastDates.com Apr 19th, 2011 at 12:10 pm

You Harley fans will still want the new Ducati Diavel with the 4-valve 164hp testastretta 11-degree engine, big fat 240 rear tire, beautiful styling and comfortable sit-up foot peg and handlebar positioning. Think of it as a Corvette ZR1 on 2-wheels.

The Ducati Streetfighter and Monsters look cool, but the Cafe style rear-set foot pegs and low bars really make them uncomfortable and impractical for every day use or long rides. Much like a Lamborghini Gllardo and a Lotus Elan.

My favorite Ducati which I own is the Multistrada 1200 which also has the 4-valve 164hp testastretta 11-degree engine,
    It is the perfect do everything bike for around town or long trips, carrying a passenger, luggage, etc. I rode one across Italy last fall and just love it.

15. 15 boohoo Apr 19th, 2011 at 11:02 pm

An ugly “modern” bike, all plastic edgyiness complete with ugly car engine and ugly car radiator.
    Apparently all beautiful modern bikes are supposed to look like sportsbikes that just came off a race track with rider wearing gaudy Alpinestars type duds/boots. Yech!!!
    Give me an upgraded original Norton Commando anyday. (And I don’t mean the abject styling failure of the new Nortons either!)

16. 16 boohoo Apr 19th, 2011 at 11:08 pm

P.S. I’m sure it’s an engineering marvel,…too bad it looks like mechano set! Modern production bikes have completly lost their way in the that other important part of what makes a bike, its styling. While this all black Monster looks slightly different, all ‘modern’ bikes look alike to me, they all look like race track bikes.

17. 17 jatinder pal Apr 21st, 2011 at 1:27 am

Good looking bike with Ducati heritage….but Ducati’s sound like industrial electricity generators….at least my 999 sounded like that.

Crusher