New BAKER Drivetrain Oil Pan Uncovered By Accident

Don’t think I am all the time behind a computer. I meet with a lot of people outside the shop and visit quite a few dealers, for news of course, but also because they give me a hand while on the road. And sometimes my professional and personal errands end up in interesting discoveries that I love to share with you in my Blog.

An oil change on a Dyna Low Rider at another bike shop made me meet this guy riding back his 2011 Harley Road Glide. Turns out that this guy was close friend with the shop owner. Overheard that the Road Glide guy was doing a bunch of oil temperature testing on a new oil pan. Later, before leaving the shop, I asked him what it was all about and that I would really like to get my hands on this new pan. He just told me that it would only fit 2009 and later touring models, but not the Dyna Low Rider I was riding. I was teased, but could not get any more info from him. So, I did what a smart Blogger would do in this situation. Shoot with my Spy Phone the pan in question (with his authorization), and asked him his business card. On it, BAKER Drivetrain! So, you are looking in exclusivity at the next product for Harley Touring Bikes from the BAKER family and Bert Baker is now obliged to give me and you the full run down. For sure all details very soon in my Blog.

9 Responses to “New BAKER Drivetrain Oil Pan Uncovered By Accident”

1. 1 Bud Jul 1st, 2011 at 10:16 am

Bert Baker for President.

2. 2 Greg Jul 1st, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Cyril Huze at the head of the CIA

3. 3 Hamilton Jul 1st, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Bert Baker is fixing Harley problems. A promising business for many years to come.

4. 4 Drake Jul 1st, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I am interested for my Road Glide. Way too hot.

5. 5 Toby Jul 1st, 2011 at 3:02 pm

This looks like a version of the BAKER+1 for the 2009+ models. There is much more room under the 2009+ frame, and this unit does look a little bigger, so I wonder if it will hold more than one extra quart.

6. 6 Calif Phil Jul 2nd, 2011 at 7:36 am

I wish everyone in the Motorcycle industry shared Bakers love for USA made products.

7. 7 Trent Jul 4th, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Running too hot on mine. Will need one of those.

8. 8 CB Jul 5th, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Cyril, You’re quite sneaky these days; we’ll have to plan out our routes more carefully next time. The cat is out of the bag per say. Yes BAKER Drivetrain is working on a new oil pan for 2009 and later touring models called the “BAKER 1.5”. This new pan (answering Toby’s question) will hold an additional 1.5 US fluid quarts. The pan is currently undergoing some temperature testing so I can not get into the details, but it’s looking very promising. BAKER will officially send a release sometime toward the end of the month.

9. 9 rob Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I met Bert about a month ago at one of his seminars. Nice guy and knows his sh!t.I got a 31 tooth pulley for my dyna,looked so good i didn’t want to put it on the bike and hide it!