Death Of Sucker Punch Sally’s Co-Owner Christian Clayton.

I am sad to report that co-owner of Sucker Punch Sally Christian Clayton passed away, apparently in his sleep. His wife found him dead at 9 am on Friday September 9, 2011. Details of the circumstances of his sudden passing are unknown. An autopsy will be performed. He was 40 years old.

Sucker Punch Sally was originally created in 2002 in Ohio by custom builders Jeff Cochran and Donnie Loos. It was the first limited edition manufacturer in the industry to specialize in old school stripped-down Bobbers and Choppers sold at reasonable prices. They were very successful, even more when the economy went down the drain making Sucker Punch Sally’s’ bike models even more desirable because of their affordability. Later, Geri and Christian Clayton joined the company with the big ambition of building hundreds of bikes every year at their Arizona manufacturing facility.

After a 3-year transition, both Jeff and Donnie, somewhat tired of the production business, decided to definitively severe their relation with Sucker Punch Sally and Christian Clayton and his father Geri became solely in charge of the business.

Although Sucker Punch Sally, like many in the industry, went through difficult times, Geri and Christian Clayton tried to capitalize on custom bike’s popularity by launching a short lived Diner in Tempe, Arizona, then a successful line of Energy Drinks laced with vodka and a Moonshine distributed by Albertson’s stores.

During these last 2 years, like many well known builders, Christian was less present on the motorcycle scene. During the last conversation I had with him he told me how he was upset at the US economic situation but remained confident that Sucker Punch Sally could and would make it through the tough times. His father continued to manage the business, pursuing new dealers, Christian becoming more and more the face of SPS. Sucker Punch Sally is a well known brand in the industry, and from the information I got today, Christian’s father Geri intends to continue the business. My condolences to Christian’s wife, family and all his friends.

72 Responses to “Death Of Sucker Punch Sally’s Co-Owner Christian Clayton.”

1. 1 Ron Loroenzo Sep 12th, 2011 at 11:23 am

My thoughts and prayers to the Clayton family. Christian, you will be missed.

Ron

2. 2 Earl Zeig Sep 12th, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Love for his family, courteous, can do attitude were all synonymous with Christian.

He touched a lot of people with his outgoing personality and love of life.

I am shocked by this loss and send my deepest condolences to his family.

3. 3 mike corbin Sep 12th, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Ride in the Wind

4. 4 Chad Anderson Sep 12th, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Christian will truly be missed, I met him a couple years ago and became sudden friends. He was a great guy, friend and businessman. I am sadend by the loss, and am here if SPS family needs anything.
    Sincerely,
    Chad Anderson

5. 5 Darin Maltsberger-Instructor@MTI Sep 12th, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Saddened to hear the news. Another voice of the custom motorcycle world we will all miss. His family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

6. 6 jack1340 Sep 12th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

my condolences to the family.

7. 7 Sergio A Villa. Sep 12th, 2011 at 3:50 pm

All my condolences to C.C.’s famlily. Christian was not only a good friend of mine, he was also a great example for me on how to be a dad to 4 children that I also have in my family. Christian I will miss you brother…!

8. 8 Kustoms and Choppers Sep 12th, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Thats sad man, he was only 40 years old. R.I.P.

9. 9 Tricky Air & Billet Inc. Sep 12th, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Our prayers go out to his family,find refuge in GOD. Know when you believe,we will all see each other again in heaven.

10. 10 chicagojohn Sep 12th, 2011 at 4:31 pm

rest in peace brother

11. 11 Danny Semerjibashian Sep 12th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Please accept my deepest condolences, I like to think of life and Gods plan for us as a journey…life on this earth is only part of the trip! In fact, if you think of “eternity” and how long it really is, we are on this earth for a very short amount of time. If we live our life as God would have us live, I believe that we will be able to reunite in Heaven as a Family for eternity. As I keep this in mind it helps guild me in the right direction as well as comfort me to know that the separation we have from our loved ones that pass before us is really only temporary.. God Bless you Christian, I will miss you and Thanks for everything, You will be in my thoughts and prayers… Love you Man

12. 12 Blackmax Sep 12th, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Condolences to the Family, Ride in peace Christian, You will be missed by All…..

13. 13 Gina Woods Sep 13th, 2011 at 10:41 am

Sad news…shocking! Condolences to family and friends – Ride in eternity Christian!
    Gina Woods & Crew

14. 14 Dan Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I am truly at a loss for words. My deepest condolences to Christians family, friends, and co workers. RIP, Christian. May your legacy continue…

Thank you for the opportunity, I feel lucky to have been part of your history.

15. 15 Cin Sep 14th, 2011 at 11:24 am

Christian, I will miss all of our fly fishing conversations. You were a rockstar in everything you did. RIP my friend.

16. 16 Barron "Gearhead" Seelig Sep 14th, 2011 at 11:55 pm

R.I.P. Brother. I will never forget bustin around with you on our “Deathtraps”. But as we said then “BOBBERS FOREVER”! See ya on the other side brother. To the family he left behind…I have never known a better man. I am so sorry for your loss.
    With Respect & Honor,
    Barron Seelig
    Producer/Host
    Motorcycle Mafia Media Productions

17. 17 Spring Knue Sep 15th, 2011 at 1:16 pm

R.I.P. Christian. I will miss you terribly. I’m so glad that I had the honor of knowing you and meeting your family. You were a great friend and amazing person. You always knew how to make me smile.

18. 18 Geno Sep 16th, 2011 at 11:21 am

RIP

19. 19 Chad Ragland Sep 16th, 2011 at 11:45 am

Glad we got to share some good times. RIP Christian.

20. 20 BN Sep 23rd, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Shocked to hear this, had the opportunity to hang out with Christian in Austin Tx at the ROT rally in 2009 and became friends, what a nice guy. RIP Christian……God Speed Bro

21. 21 Moko Oct 9th, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Deepest sympathy prayer and love for the Clayton family and SPS shop Krew . I will cherish my SPS and remember Christian always.

1. 1 Sucker Punch Sallys Back In Business. JP Barbeau New Vice President And General Manager. at Cyril Huze Post – Custom Motorcycle News Pingback on Jan 7th, 2012 at 9:11 am

x