Celebration Of The Motorcycle. Del Mar Concours D’elegance.

Today Saturday October 15, 2011, legendary motorcycles from around the world will converge on the famed California Del Mar Race Track Paddock. The organizers of the 2011 Del Mar Concours d’Elegance are proud to present Celebration of the Motorcycle, a one-of-a-kind, cycle-only event featuring only the finest examples of cycle manufacturing, from the earliest days to the classics we all grew up with.

The event will feature a hand-selection collection of antique and classic bikes from around the world, each with its own pedigree and story to tell. All will compete for our coveted Best of Show prize, with a wide variety of judging categories available. Celebration of the Motorcycle is presented in conjunction with the 2011 Del Mar Concours d’Elegance antique and classic automobile event, which will be held Sunday, October 16, 2011. Each day is reserved for its own group; Saturday is motorcycles, while Sunday is cars. Separate entry fees and public admissions are required for both events. Event Hours: 10 AM – 3 PM, Del Mar Paddock Gate. Celebration Of The Motorcycle.

10 Responses to “Celebration Of The Motorcycle. Del Mar Concours D’elegance.”

1. 1 Kirk Perry Oct 15th, 2011 at 8:51 am

I…. uh…. gee-whiz… that’s only about a mile away. Didn’t even know it was on. First event since 2003, I reckon.

Guess I’ll motor over and see what’s parked in the paddock.
    Thanks for the news.

I have to read the east coast post, to see what’s going on down the street from our house.
    Where have I been all my life?

2. 2 Kustoms and Choppers Oct 15th, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Seems like it will be a cool event, to bad I am on the other coast…

3. 3 Mike T Oct 15th, 2011 at 9:04 pm

What a terrific show! First one since 2003. There were many fantastic bikes that you rarely get the opportunity to see much less hear. They started every entrant and the sounds were a true treat as much as the visual of all the bikes. There was a Rumi 125 2 stroke twin with dual megaphone exhaust that just lit up the place. Woinderful to hear the old bikes rumble. Board track 1920s vintage Indian race was phenominal when fired up. This event is going to be back next year for sure. Many older racers were there and honored for their feats of yesteryear. As an added treat Patrick Simmons of the Doobie Bros. and his wife had their pristine Thor V Twin there as well. Great show, I will return next year.

4. 4 nicker Oct 15th, 2011 at 9:06 pm

A little too far to pack into an already over driven schedule.
    Major bummer…… 🙁

-nicker-

5. 5 Kirk Perry Oct 16th, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Major bummer … I got a major bummer. Immediately after posting my comment I was stricken with a stomach flu that rocked my world. Spent the night at the VA in La Jolla.
    Missed the show. Darn!
    Well, they’ll be one next year. Glad everybody had a good time.
    I think it’s a good idea to fire the bikes up. Yeah. Next year.

6. 6 nicker Oct 16th, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Hell, your lucky to have survived the VA…… 🙂

-nicker-

7. 7 Kirk Perry Oct 16th, 2011 at 10:21 pm

No man….. the VA is too hip. 🙂 They opened a cantina on the first floor called the Chez VA where tall latte’s are $3.50

The days when you checked in to the VA to die are long gone. Best health care in the nation (depending on where you live, quite possibly).
    VA was the first to go all computer and no paper. 3 years later Kaiser-Permanente changed to computer records and less paper.
    Why? Simple! The VA has deeper pockets to forge the way with massive programs.
    They fixed me. 🙂

8. 8 Kirk Perry Oct 17th, 2011 at 11:57 am

I’ve talked to a few people about Del Mar and nobody knew it was happening.

I tell them to read Cyril’s Post and catch up. Maybe next year we’ll know about Del Mar a couple weeks ahead of time.
    A lot of people like the concourse Pebble Beach and (April) La Jolla automobile shows and having one day for motorcycle and the next day cars at Del Mar is giving everybody something.
    Cool.

9. 9 Kirk Perry Oct 18th, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Anyway … as a reminder to the social security set. The SS doesn’t send out 1099’s like most companies, or they do and you just didn’t get one for 2009….. well… your going to get dinged.

The going rate (w/ penalties) for ’09 is about $1,881.00 (and you wondered why you broke even w/ the gov’s that year!)

Check 2010’s return – under Income… line 20a. Is it blank? 🙂

Better file an Amended Return for 2010 and call SS for “why-no-1099?”

1. 1 motorcycles: Celebration Of The Motorcycle. Del Mar Concours D’elegance. at … | Helmet Hair Motorcycle News Pingback on Oct 15th, 2011 at 7:25 am