Indianapolis V-Twin Dealer Show Launches The Ultimate Dealer Only Bike Show

At the inaugural American V-Twin Dealer Show, co-located with the 2012 Indianapolis Dealer Expo at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis February 17-19, 2012 there will be an “Ultimate Bike Show”, a dealer-only custom bike show. Custom bikes will be displayed prominently at the entrance of the American V-Twin Dealer Show. Competing for exhibitors and dealers with the Cincinnati V-Twin Expo (Feb 4-6, 32012), the American Dealer Show is also launching the first ever live auction of pre-owned Harley-Davidson motorcycles at a trade show.

Other key partners underwriting the American V-Twin Dealer Show include Biker’s Choice, the V-Twin division of leading distributor Tucker Rocky, Custom Chrome, and National Powersport Auctions (NPA) as cornerstone participants in the new venture. In addition, leading V-Twin companies such as Belt Drives Ltd., Cycle Visions and Danny Gray have also formalized their commitment to the 2012 Show.

Regarding the “Ultimate Bike Show” American V-Twin Dealer Show Brand Representative Grady Pfeiffer states “This is a great opportunity for dealers to shine in front of their peers, to really showcase their talents and the scope of their products and the customizing capabilities of their dealerships and gifted staff members. Custom building and entering competitions are great ways for dealers to promote and grow their businesses. Since everyone is looking for new revenue generators, this topic will be addressed in the educational seminars as well”

The Ultimate Dealer Bike Show will have a three class format with motorcycles categorized as freestyle – unlimited anything goes; modified bagger – must include fairing and saddlebags and modified bobber – no front fender and solo seats preferred; and showcase – a special non-competitive class for exhibitors. Judging will be conducted by leading industry experts including high-profile builders and industry luminaries with the top bikes in each class receiving awards. Winners will be featured in Dealernews, the leading powersports publication. An awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, February 19, at the show. Space is limited, so interested dealers should call Biker Pros at 919-886-5075 for more details.(pictures@cyrilhuze)

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

7 Responses to “Indianapolis V-Twin Dealer Show Launches The Ultimate Dealer Only Bike Show”

1. 1 Boss Hawg Oct 22nd, 2011 at 9:27 am

Competition is good.

Gonna be very interesting!

I am still very much in agreement with others that say move the V-Twin Expo to Orlando (much cheaper air transport and a greater choice of accommodations, food and beverages…win win win for all) and hold it say a week before Bikeweek with the last day or two days open for to the public with show and tell info only. No retail sales!

It’s only 45 mins. to Bikeweek from there.

Boss Hawg

2. 2 Bruce Oct 22nd, 2011 at 9:54 am

Bike show. Good idea. Nothing attracts more people than bike shows. Something that the Cinci Expo should have done a long time ago. No imagination on the Cinci side. Asleep at the switch because they benefited from the v-twin boom years until 2006. I still think that 2 trade shows are too many, but as said above, competition is good.

3. 3 Marc Frantz Oct 22nd, 2011 at 10:24 am

God that “Bombshell” bike of yours Cyril looks fantastic!!

4. 4 Bigalyts Oct 22nd, 2011 at 9:44 pm

What is probably a pretty good Idea is to be able to have your Cake and eat it also. I mean that Why spend the Money and the set up for the show and not invite the Public on different days. You have the Dealer Show for the normal dates and then invite the Public for a Day or two or three???????????????

5. 5 biker Oct 24th, 2011 at 1:08 pm

This is NOT the First time that the Advance Star has tried a segregated V-Twinshow at Indy!
    Some V-twin vendors will be in the V-twin hall but some will be in the main hall because they also do Metric bikes. So as a V-Twin dealer you’ll still to go by all the metric crap to get to Avon, Battery Tender,
    Metzler and other cross over brands. As a V-twin dealer you’ll still be that Red Headed Step Child !
    Just like the other times they tried it!

6. 6 rogue phil Oct 24th, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Bruce, Vtwin expo did have a bike show in ’01, so they tried it.

7. 7 just my opinion Oct 26th, 2011 at 3:30 pm

It is so funny to me that alot of you guys said it is desperate of the Cinci V-Twin show to say so and so is doing their show so they must be desperate but Indy does the same thing here and not one of you said that Indy looks desperate by saying that so and so has formally signed on to do their show or this big name or that big name is doing their show. You guys said that the big named companies were only doing Cinci because they are getting free space and that is the only reason those companies are doing the Cinci show and you where probably right about the free space but I think they would be there free space or not but I bet the same is true about the Indy show those big companies mentioned are getting free space and the promotor is hoping we all think well those guys are doing their show so we should also do it. But don’t you all remember that even most of the big names in the v-twin industry stopped doing the Indy show a few years back because I remember. And do you all remember why? Because their show sucked plain and simple. And why is no one talking about Indy using those big name vendors? Makes me wonder if all that negitive about Cinci was the people involved with Indy saying it? My company vended at both shows for years but we dropped Indy a few years ago when their attitude was “screw you v-twin people we are so big we don’t need you– you will be where we want you to go or you can leave our show” I was in their V-Twin section only to be pushed out by some company selling t-shirts and I am not talking about a company that sells shirts to v-twin people but some company selling bedazzled shirts and other bullshit that had nothing to do with V-Twins but that company wanted our spot in the v-twin section and because they had more points than we did they got our v-twin space. Then the following year I bitched enough to get back in the V-Twin section only to be surrounded by lawnmowers and 2 seater ATV’s and by the way Custom Chrome moved out of that so called v-twin section that year and I believe it was because there was hardly anything v-twin related in that section. So here we are now, well now that the economy is not as strong as it used to be, NOW they want us V-Twin companies back. I say the same to them as they did to me and my company years ago “SCREW YOU AND YOUR SHOW I DON’T NEED YOU OR THAT CIRCUS YOU CALL A V-TWIN SHOW” I hope those lawnmower dealers and ATV dealers keep you alive because I for one have not forgotten how Indy treated the v-twin people “in the not so distant past.” And if I wanted to see a bike show easyrider puts on several great bike shows every year so does Arlen Ness, Donnie Smith, The Rats Hole and many many others so I don’t even need Indy for that either.

Indian Motorcycle