Icon The Derelicts. What Is Your Fancy?

If you dream of a special bespoke motorcycle I am pretty sure you would also love to own a custom car built around the vintage body of your choice car, but updated with a new modern chassis, powertrain, interior, electrical components, etc. This is the specialty of a company created by Jonathan Ward named Icon. His passion is to turn vehicles into modern marvels while keeping the faded paint job and the worn out exterior that you might find in a barn or junkyard. This one is a completely tricked out 1952 Chevy Deluxe Businessman Coupe with an Art Morrison powder-coated chassis, ABS brakes, a 430 hp Camaro 6.2 LS3 engine and inside very exotic interior materials. Which car body is your fancy? John will transform it in a vehicle without peers where custom boundaries can only be limited by your budget. Icon The Derelicts.

19 Responses to “Icon The Derelicts. What Is Your Fancy?”

1. 1 roscoe Nov 20th, 2011 at 10:39 am

I would prefer to drive an old car or truck that still has its original drivetrain, that is the fun of it. I am sure alot of people would be into the old look but new drivetrain tho. For them it’s all about the look.

2. 2 Kirk Perry Nov 20th, 2011 at 12:54 pm

It’s all about the “look” for San Francisco’s biggest heroin smuggler’s … they want their junk to have realistic rust in just the right places and be dent-less beaters, but the motors and the interior are spotless.
    It’s all about the “cultured-bum” look, carrying little cash – only a bottomless ATM card ….. while having millions in cash stashed under drywall, in the owned homes they rent nationwide to unsuspecting tenants, that would never consider tearing into a wall to impulse-remodel a rented home.
    So I’m told my city hipsters.

3. 3 mw Nov 20th, 2011 at 1:15 pm

only found jeeps?

4. 4 ImagineThat Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Back in the day we would have called that a sleeper. Doesn’t look like anything on the outside but looks can be deceiving it pack all the punch to shut you up. I do actually prefer and older drivetrain one that you can actually work on tweek and tune without a computer I guess those were the good old days computers have permeated everything.

5. 5 burnout Nov 20th, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I am hip to this. peace

6. 6 John E Adams Nov 20th, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Nice stuff Jonathan – sleepers, owned one for a while so many years ago – 55 Plymouth, high perf 361 V8, six speed, holley 750 double pumper, very low riding!

When I win the lotto I will look call you – needing a 69 Z28 with a few upgrades -;0)

7. 7 JC Nov 20th, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Quote: John will transform it in a vehicle without peers where custom boundaries can only be limited by your budget.

Words of wisdom.

8. 8 ROCKSTAR Nov 21st, 2011 at 11:45 am

$150K Ford Bronco LMAO!

9. 9 Sam Nov 21st, 2011 at 11:55 am

The link sent me to a company that builds custom jeeps.

10. 10 Cyril Huze Nov 21st, 2011 at 11:58 am

Same company…

11. 11 Olive Oil Nov 21st, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Nothing on that jump to take me to “Icon the Derelicts”.

12. 12 andrew peters Nov 21st, 2011 at 4:42 pm

My girlfriend has just been told by the dealer that her 6 year old V8 is worn out…. I suggested she upgrade to something similar to my 61 year old truck with the old 6, stock brakes and suspension (and no ‘creature comforts’ to break..) . I gave up servicing it nearly 20 years ago because it doesn’t seem to need it. or appreciate it…. just keeps on going, I bought it in California, drove it for a while, then shipped it back to England with me, drove it all over Europe. Now its with me in Canada… Still driving it…. “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it…”

13. 13 fuji Nov 21st, 2011 at 7:16 pm

love sleepers .

My buddy and I put a 396 CI Chevy in hi fathers Checker [ this car was not a former taxi ] back in the day

Mild cam and a holly carburetor. It had a tall road gear and was a blast to drive on the interstate.

Pops had many stories of the young wanting to play and make a kill with the old man and his pea green limo. He did a lot of teasing for the finale.

Pops was rotundas, wore bib overalls, a railroaders hat and made a many run and hide with tails between their legs —–To funny.

14. 14 nicker Nov 21st, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Gives new meaning to the old saying:
    “…San Fernando Ferrari…” …. 🙂

-nicker-

15. 15 Mike Merritt Nov 22nd, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Check out the gauges in the Bronco…

We did the gauges for the first 6 trucks. I had a chance to see the finished product at SEMA in Ford’s booth. They really are sweet, the pictures don’t do them justice. When they ramp up production soon they will be a bit less money.

16. 16 Jim C Nov 23rd, 2011 at 11:06 am

Still have a 1954 Ford 2-dr sedan in the garage 223 c.i. ( 3.7L for the younger crowd ) with a 3-on-the-tree shifter. The odomoter was broke at 180k when I got the car. So far a tranny bushing, intake gasket, and a 12V electrical system have been the majors to get it on the road. Black primer and flames are good for 26 mpg too. The louvered air cleaner might be a good look for my Buell tuber, just saw it on a crossbones elsewhere on the net : )

17. 17 live2rideaglide Nov 23rd, 2011 at 11:56 am

Back in the day we did 49-54 Chevy coupes and sedans with big Olds , Caddie etc. drivetrains. 40’s up Fords with big Lincoln motors . Easy swap be drivin come the weekend.Way cool. Drive ’em , set on ’em forget about scratching the paint.

18. 18 ROCKSTAR Nov 24th, 2011 at 10:20 pm

way back in the day I had a 55 Chevy that was two tone
    rust & primer LOL no floors so easy to toss the beer cans

I took it to Ascott to watch some Speedway, & the “Goodguys” were there… they didn’t want me parking next to all the dayglow high boys

now all those senile idiots are buying rusted out beaters for top dollar, haha

19. 19 Paul Nov 27th, 2011 at 8:44 pm

How much ?
    I guess there will always be people who have more money than everyone else to justify
    whatever their into.