Triumph Motorcycles Reports Record Profits

Huge come back for Triumph Motorcycles. Yesterday the company announced that its earnings were up 48% for the 1st semester of 2011 with total income up 11%. Triumph sold 48,684 machines, up 7% for the last 12-month period while the worldwide market for large motorcycles was down 7% (down 50% from the peak of four years ago)

Triumph Motorcycles success is attributed to the launch of 7 new models with a bold classic design and looking different from what is available in the big-bike market, a reasonable price for the performance delivered. More new launches are due next year, adding to the 22 models already produced. Recently Triumph also created a special Steve McQueen edition of the classic Bonneville after getting permission from the late actor’s family.

Triumph is Britain’s best-selling brand in the 500cc and up category. The company also announced plans to start selling bikes in India and Brazil. Triumph Motorcycles.

15 Responses to “Triumph Motorcycles Reports Record Profits”

1. 1 Rick Lossner Dec 2nd, 2011 at 8:42 am

Came soooooooooo close to get a Rocket III …. what a monster… now here ‘classic’ look has my attention…. you’ve got to hand it to them… they break the mold and have some nice machines..

2. 2 Bryan Ferdy Dec 2nd, 2011 at 8:47 am

Love Trumpets!

3. 3 Dinky Dot Dec 2nd, 2011 at 8:58 am

Im really glad they are doing well

A tale of two triumphs

Rocket III Been in the shop more than my garage. Wont idle and the final drive locked up on the highway. Raditor cracked twice they have changed everything it still wont Idle.

Triumph Scrambler, never missed a beat i ride everyday to work, rain, sun, snow, it doesnt matter its my main ride. all it ever asks for is an oil change now and then and humms along happy and makes my ride to work a Joy and my ride home and adventure

4. 4 Matt Dec 2nd, 2011 at 11:32 am

Wish there was a dealership closer to me. If my garage and my wallet had the room I would love to have a Thunderbird Storm!

5. 5 jim r Dec 3rd, 2011 at 8:01 am

FWIW
    +1 the SCRAMBLER

6. 6 BlueStrada Dec 3rd, 2011 at 10:09 am

Well their new bikes in all categories seem to have gotten the attention of all enthusiasts…. I personally would love the new 800 XC.. Who would have thought they would hasve ascended to this position 10 years ago when only BMW .. and some degree KTM were making inroads from Europe… Now Triumph.. Ducati.. BMW… and even Guzzi seem to be on a great path to success. What is the common denominator? Great Products!
    BlueStrada

7. 7 bigalyts Dec 3rd, 2011 at 10:37 am

I really liked the Rocket III , I never rode the Bike, but I love the 146 Lbs. of Torque and the HP is is probable around 110 to the rear wheel and the Torque is still more than any Factory Bike. I like their complete line up and I know that are Top Shelf Bikes. I just see that they are not the Brand of Bike that is easily traded. I think they are the kind of Bike to buy used! I am glad to hear what Dinky Dot has to say! He sounds genuine.

8. 8 Kirk Perry Dec 3rd, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Radiators on a motorcycle suck, no matter what.

Not liking to the clam shell Triumph tank’s with the ’60’s frameless “Honda” style, exposed middle seam where the two pieces are ragged-edge welded, and then painted over.

If I had by trusty woodsman axe handy, I’d split the EPA head to toe.

9. 9 Toby Dec 4th, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Had an old America during high school and college. Never failed. Oil and lube. Wish I had her today. Triumph seems to be in a good place product-wise with their genuine cafe offerings. Cool, reliable and affordable.

10. 10 morpion Dec 4th, 2011 at 4:48 pm

triumph trident and,bsa rocket lll,, two great machines from late60 and early 70

11. 11 nicker Dec 4th, 2011 at 10:37 pm

RE:
    “…triumph trident and,bsa rocket lll,, two great machines …”

Actually -One- great machine.
    Built in the same factory…. Essentially one design.
    It’s been argued that had they kept developing that motor instead of the Meridan twin they may never have gone out of business.
    (the workers took over the wrong plant)

-nicker-

12. 12 live2rideaglide Dec 5th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Bonnies make awesome bobbers. The only non-American bike that ever deserved to be in the old biker movies , including the original ” Wild One “.

13. 13 Walter S Dec 5th, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Have a Rocket 3, Thunderbird Sport, and a 74 Trident. Great machines, lots of fun. What is going on with Norton?

14. 14 barney Dec 7th, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Got an 09 Bonnie, love it. About to put a 904 kit in her. Surprisingly large amount of aftermarket performance parts for the Hinckley Bonnie. They’re bullet proof bikes.

15. 15 LC Fab Dec 9th, 2011 at 5:53 am

Ive been connected to big companies with great products, only to find that at the helm of such companies are greedy fat boys who think they’re gonna push you around, all take and no give. This is not true with Triumph….from the bottom to the top thay have a great product and wonderful people to back it all up….Bravo Triumph!