Fast Motorcycle Industry News

Harley Davidson Owners In India Want Helmets With American Department of Transportation (DOT) Or Australian Certification Logos. In Mumbai, India, the police commissioner had instructed the police officers to fine all bikers wearing helmets without the ISI (Bureau Of Indian Standards) certification mark. Problem is that ISI certified helmets are unanimously recognized as of cheap quality and less impact resistant than their American and Australian counterparts. So, for now in India, riding with a certified ISI helmet is risky business and riding with a good helmet is prohibited and costs you a fine. Of course, many have found out that putting an ISI sticker over a DOT mark works fine with the Mumbai PD.

Mandatary Helmet Law In South Carolina? Common sense to wear a helmet when you ride a motorcycle or infringement on basic liberties? Legislature once again is considering a mandatory helmet law for all ages during its next session in January. South Carolina has a history of failing to pass controversial measures until the federal government threatens to withhold funding for road projects. Neighboring Georgia and North Carolina require helmets for all motorcycle and moped riders, regardless of age. Twenty states have laws that require motorcycle drivers and passengers, as well as those on mopeds, to wear a helmet.

Part Of The Former Big Dog Motorcycles Place In Kansas Now Under Contract. There is a contract on the 20,000-square-foot warehouse space that includes an almost 2,000-square-foot office building in front of the warehouse and the land up to the corner. The list price was $850,000. Intrust Bank foreclosed on Big Dog in April, and founder Sheldon Coleman Jr. dissolved the corporation. He then started a new company, BDM Performance Products, to supply parts, accessories and gear for Big Dog motorcycles owners. The operation is based in Big Dog’s former service and research and development buildings, a property not for sale.

Barnett Harley-Davidson

10 Responses to “Fast Motorcycle Industry News”

1. 1 rebel Dec 30th, 2011 at 10:21 am

again I say, stop protecting me from myself with blackmail helmet laws!

2. 2 Larry R Dec 30th, 2011 at 11:05 am

The helmet law is a really big cow the government has been milking for a long time. Personally, i dislike nanny state laws. I am an adult and can make my own decisions. I chose to wear a helmet and know that it really doesn’t protect me much above 25-30 mph. Having had a driver pull in front of me and hitting my head on the pavement, I was fortunate not to a serious head injury. Regardless, any law is in my opinion, just more money in the bank for the government and a reason to hassle us. I would really like a moratorium on laws and support smaller government with more states rights. Let us get back to constitutional law and not this maritime law which has been used since WW II. Come on people, let’s use some common sense. L&R ……Larry

3. 3 fuji Dec 30th, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Larry R – states.

1. Doesn’t protect me much above 25-30 mph

—————————————————————————————————————————

Larry not all bikers are of the same stature.

There are those that don’t have thick heads and need the protection for fear of brain damage, then tere are those who______. No LOL here.

4. 4 BigWave916 Dec 30th, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Hey Fuji, no shit pal, what are you trying to say?

5. 5 BadMonkeyMW Dec 30th, 2011 at 5:52 pm

The last thing we need in this country is more government control over the lives of it’s citizens. I live in South Carolina, and I wear a helmet when I ride 95% of the time. Regardless, every so often I like to bomb down the road without one and as an adult should be able to do so.

Our government can’t fix any of the real problems, so they pick on a small group and try to force a useless law down their throats to appear as though they are accomplishing anything.

6. 6 Lambo Dec 30th, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Down here in FL, I remember when Jeb Bush became our new govenor. The first thing he did was eliminate the helmet law and eliminate smog checks for all vehicles. Regardless of any political affiliation, this guy will always get my vote.

7. 7 fuji Dec 30th, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Lambo .

I would vote for Jeb as President. intelligent, considerate and a class act.

Sad that he had to carry the burden of his brothers last name.
    ——————————————-
    BigWave916

Sorry, should have incorporated the word Dense in my subject. Good catch

You get it now Im sure.

8. 8 Rogue Dec 31st, 2011 at 8:14 am

FREEDOM of CHOICE!
    The motorcycle helmet law issue has been around for over 40 years and was originally instituted under the Federal Blackmail Threat of withholding Highway Funds to States that did Not Comply.
    Myself and others attended a hearing in Washington DC that removed that threat on July 21 & 22nd 1975. Ever since that time Senator Frank Lautenberg of New Jersey has tried to bring it back as he did just recently.
    The Motorcycle Rights Organizations brought this to the attention of their membership and other concerned motorcyclist and it was removed from a pending bill.
    The people that were the original ones to fight the Mandatory Helmet Law were Not Against Wearing of Helmets – But the Government trying to force them to do so. The helmet law just happened to be a line drawn in the sand so to speak where a group of people said Enough is Enough. That continues until today. Freedom of Choice!

9. 9 NewyorkmykeMyke Jan 3rd, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Doc Reichenbach and a lot of hard working abate members repealed the helmet law in Fla. Jeb Bush sighed the repeal bill into law. Sputnik and TMRA members did the same in Texas and George W. Bush signed that repeal. The Bushs are great Americans and I too wish Jeb Bush was a candidate but whichever Republican wins it’s a better choice by far than the left wing socialist running the country(into the ground) now. Helmet laws are the canary in the coal mine of freedom and it’s all about freedom: not safety, not diversity, not social justice(whatever that is!), it’s FREEDOM and the pursuit of those allusive (and trouble causing to bureaucrats), inalienable rights! And thanks for what you do Rogue, and a happy healthy and free new year to everyone! And don’t forget to thank our troops, fighting a tough war while still recovering from Clinton’s defense budget cuts that everyone seems to forget about…

10. 10 nicker Jan 3rd, 2012 at 10:29 pm

RE:
    “…stop protecting me from myself…”

Good….!!
    Finally, a bunch of responses commensurate with what being a Biker is all about.

Wonder where all the ASB sniveler went……
    Could it be the bad economy is weeding-em out….. ???….. :-)

-nicker-