Harley-Davidson New Low Profile Wind Splitter Windshields

Improving air flow and reducing wind noise are the objectives reached by these 2 new Harley-davidson windshield.

They are shaped for effective air flow management to enhance rider comfort and reduce wind noise. The sweeping design complements the shape of the fairing and the inner dash panel, and adds height over a traditional low-profile wind deflector in the center where it counts.

The rich smoked finish does not interfere with vision and looks great against any paint color. The easy-to-install Wind Splitter features a center-mount Bar & Shield medallion for a distinctive finishing touch. Now available in new sizes to fit Harley-Davidson® Electra Glide®, Street Glide®, Road Glide® and Trike Models (4.5″ Dark Smoke, $154.95 or 10″ Light Smoke, $164.95.) Models to fit 1998-later Road Glide® models (9″ Dark Smoke, $154.95; 15″Light Smoke, $164.95.) At your Harley-Davidson Dealer.

26 Responses to “Harley-Davidson New Low Profile Wind Splitter Windshields”

1. 1 x harley rider Jan 1st, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Kinda funny how a guy with a small time bike shop in south dakota could come up with the biggest change in motorcycle since six speed.
    Harley stole his design and started there own. He had to sue harley and kuryakyn.
    The funny part is he’s a little guy that was smarter then the big guys.

2. 2 Ben Jan 1st, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Like most everything the motor company does, it’s great if your under 6′ tall.

3. 3 lcfabrications Jan 1st, 2012 at 8:12 pm

thanks X rider……..I was just gonna mention how maybe the new CEO has seen what a good product Brian has, and want his piece of the action……guess its become the American way though huh, any chances these will be made in India? FTF

4. 4 Rider2 Jan 1st, 2012 at 10:15 pm

X harley rider…. The design you are referring to was a rejected design from the R&D department at Sportech a few years ago because it was not working well on motorcycles (though it was on snowmobiles because it helped keep the frontend down) …. the “little guy” in South Dakota just happened to be lucky and took it because he thought it was cool looking. Great success for sure so I am not surprised HD picked up on it. Since then, many windshield manufacturers have picked up on this design and released their own version.

5. 5 Shifter Jan 1st, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Rider2 is correct. The little guy (brian Klock) windshield was invented by Sportech Inc. in MN and I think is still produced by Sportech under private label. The HD windshield is different and doesn’t seem to violate any design from Sportech. A lot of builders do private label stuff conceived or not by them.

6. 6 Black Shadow Jan 1st, 2012 at 11:18 pm

I really don’t want to debate possible infringement of Klockwerks vs HD vs V-Stream but did HD have to put that little raised logo right where Klockwerks puts theirs? It could be confusing to a consumer that may think they are buying a Flare private labeled for HD.

7. 7 Johny Jan 1st, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Black shadow. Are you kidding?

8. 8 Bruce Jan 1st, 2012 at 11:28 pm

As far as I know, Klock didn’t conceive their Flare windshield, they just sell it under their name.

9. 9 HighWay809@aol.com Jan 1st, 2012 at 11:29 pm

I like the name wind splitter. Don’t know why…

10. 10 Doc Robinson Jan 2nd, 2012 at 7:46 am

Well I’ve used and love Klock Werks FLARE windshields for some years now. I’ve run them on an Ultra, a Street Glide, a Road King and now my 2012 Road Glide which I just took delivery of. Riding it some 2000 miles home saw me experiencing tropical thunderstorms, floods, washed out roads and dry desert conditions. The FLARE gave me great protection as my dealer, Mackay Motorcycles, selected a FLARE that was perfect for my height; low enough to see over mostly, but high enough to duck behind when needing protection from rain and hailstones. I don’t see the H-D version sporting the lip that the FLARE has at the top and which contributes to its effectiveness

11. 11 Oldude Jan 2nd, 2012 at 7:55 am

Buy it from Harley Davidson and pay 2 to 3 times as much! When will Milwaukee learn???

12. 12 hwgthng Jan 2nd, 2012 at 8:39 am

Milwaukee likes to use those ideas.A few years back I took 5 mats to promote to HD. Never heard anything back.Within 18 months seems they had one real close….gone out of business now but it is still here in the archives under Motion Floors…they were sweet mats to park your ride on.

13. 13 okieplowboy Jan 2nd, 2012 at 9:02 am

I have been riding road glides since 2002,went thru alot windscreens (brands and heights),ride about 20,000 miles every year on road glides,have 2009 with a C.E. Bailey and really like the shape and protection better than the clockworks,have a 2011 ultra road glide with the stock windscreen and it is the best all round for all conditions and wind protection.

14. 14 DJ Jan 2nd, 2012 at 9:17 am

My personal conversations with Brian about his windshields were about him being all but out of business and using literaly his last dollars in the wind tunnel and other R&D. This windshield brought him back from the dead. You can say what you want, but that was from his mouth to my ear. I will be calling South Dakota for my needs, Harley does not get much of my money, and less all the time

15. 15 DJ Jan 2nd, 2012 at 9:21 am

My personal conversations with Brian revealed that he did indeed develop that windshield and used literaly his last dollars in the wind tunnel and other R&D. This windshield brought him back from the dead. That is from his mouth to my ear. If it was inspired from something else, I can’t say.. but he earned this one

16. 16 BobS Jan 2nd, 2012 at 10:27 am

Black Shadow…Harley had to put there logo on it because they have to put their logo on EVERYTHING. I’m actually surprised it’s as small as it is…

17. 17 Harlan Schiilinger Jan 2nd, 2012 at 10:49 am

Another rip off by the 900lb guerilla. Go Klock, Go!
    H

18. 18 1550tc Jan 2nd, 2012 at 3:14 pm

x

best part of KW one is that is made right here in the usa in MN 🙂

19. 19 Peter Baldwin Jan 2nd, 2012 at 5:30 pm

As an Aussie Harley Dealer & a Klock Werks Dealer, All of our testing & comparisons have proven the Klock screen is superior to anything else. Their passion for the industry and their customer service is the best i have experienced Bar None in the USA.
    Support Brian and his team.

20. 20 Lambo Jan 2nd, 2012 at 6:10 pm

@ Doc – I have one and it does have the flip although the stock photo above does not show it.
    It works well & despite previous comments, is priced $30 less then the KW

21. 21 daily rider Jan 2nd, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I have ridden with both windshields and I don’t feel the differance from a stock shield.

22. 22 Brandon Jan 2nd, 2012 at 10:50 pm

KW & HD. Same Hype. Over rated windshields. Marketing ploy.

23. 23 Henry Semper Jan 2nd, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Most riders don’t go full speed on their baggers for long times. They don’t buy slight wind tunnel improvements, just looks. How come these improvements are never advertised with numbers comparing each brand. Because they are complete BS. I agree with Brandon.

24. 24 Gary Jan 2nd, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Like this Harley windshield very flowing lines. Works with tall riders?

25. 25 Thomas hodkin Jan 3rd, 2012 at 6:24 am

Imitation is the greatest form of a complement. If you want to keep new things comming support the little guys They are the ones out here putting in the work.

26. 26 joe dirte Jan 3rd, 2012 at 12:17 pm

im sticking with klock windshields.

Crusher