Harley-Davidson Motorclothes Celebrates 100 Years

Harley-Davidson Motorclothes celebrates 100 years of riding gear with a series of 3 videos detailing the relationship between the gear, the motorcycles and the legacy of the brand by mixing historical footage with images and interviews of people who design MotorClothes. This is the 1st one named “Made Of A Hell Of A Lot More Than Just Leather”

11 Responses to “Harley-Davidson Motorclothes Celebrates 100 Years”

1. 1 Zipper Mar 29th, 2012 at 8:37 am

When I bought my new Harley Davidson ($18,000) it came with a gift certificate for a 28$ T-Shirt. I picked out a HD T-Shirt and gave it to a clerk along with the voucher. She then explained that the T-Shirt had to have the local dealership name on the back and could not be direct from HD. factory. The gift certificate said “value 28$ so I picked out a 40$ shirt brought it to the cashier and said that I would pay the difference plus tax. At that point the manager got involved and begrudgingly let me buy the shirt.
    “But anyway” the shirt was Made in China, and after the first washing the buttons came off the collar and neck. Boring story but true. After all what do you expect for 18 grand? ..Z

2. 2 Zipper Mar 29th, 2012 at 8:39 am

All made in China. ..Z

3. 3 Matt Mar 29th, 2012 at 9:26 am

As a free-lance designer for one of Harley’s apparel vendors I can tell you that not all of what they sell is actually designed by Harley and neither are most corporate promotional clothing or merchandise. They go to venders that specialize in shoes, jackets, & mugs etc. and request new designs for their brand. In my experience occasionally they will provide some input but beyond saying yay or nay on which ones they want to buy it’s their legal department commenting on proper usage of the logo I hear from the most.

4. 4 chopmonster66 Mar 29th, 2012 at 9:45 am

Zipper is wright , any were but the USA.. THEY CAN KEEP THERE JUNK !!!!

5. 5 Mauler Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:19 am

I’m not sure how to tell you guys this, but 95% of everything you own is made in China.

6. 6 Rodent Mar 29th, 2012 at 11:11 am

Karen is looking great!

7. 7 GuitarSlinger Mar 29th, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I’ve got a great photo of my Grandfather from 1926 aboard his brand new Harley sidecar outfit , dressed head to toe in the Motor Companies cloths of the day ( verified by a H-D collector/expert )

It wasn’t always about leather , 1% looks , bad boy image and made in China . There was a time when the Gentleman’s look was de rigor and it was all hand made in the US of A.

Oh well . The ( sort of ) good old days .

8. 8 Captain John T. Awesome Mar 29th, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Most of the styling is just terrible and years out of date before they even release it. I couldn’t imagine wasting a dime on their poser-costume junk. If I’m going to have logos plastered all over me I better be getting paid for it. Most of the people I know who wear this garbage don’t even own a bike and the ones that do have so fully bought into the credit card tuff guy image that Harley sells that they’re impossible to take seriously anyway.

9. 9 Cris Sommer Simmons Mar 30th, 2012 at 10:55 am

Geez. Why so negative? HD has made some great clothing that looks good and can save your ass if you go down. I ride and I am proud to wear it.
    Who cares where it’s made? Most of what we American consumers buy is from Walmart and we know where most of that junk comes from. Harley-Davidson is still around after almost 110 years. I wonder how many companies can say that?
    Congrats HD!

10. 10 burnout Mar 30th, 2012 at 11:13 am

Some of my customers slam the dealer they bought their bike from. Various complaints such as being ignored after the sale, service problems etc , BUT, they STILL go to that dealer on Sat mornings and buy stuff!! I have had more than one girlfriend with a HD tattoo somewhere on her body. Used HD clothing will sell also. peace

11. 11 Johnny Wolf Mar 30th, 2012 at 12:02 pm

…and in 5 years they will celebrate 105 (yawnnnnnn).