Arlen Ness KO Raked Triple Trees for 21″ and 23″ Front Wheel Baggers

At the time when custom builders realized that a 21″ or 23″ front wheel installed on a Bagger was considerably improving the look of a tourer, they had no other choice than to cut, stretch and re-weld the frame neck to be able to properly fit these over-stock sizes. Always a risky business if you are not a pro trained at modifying frames and a time consuming operation.

Hence the need for a Bagger raked triple tree … Arlen Ness launches the KO or “Kick Out” triple tree kit allowing the use of 21″ & 23″ front wheels by adding 11-degree rake to the bike while still maintaining the proper rake and trail for exceptional handling.  No cutting and welding necessary.

KO raked triple tree kit features: • Billet aluminum trees offer 11 degrees of rake to attain proper rake and trail when using 21″ and 23″ front wheels (Stretches the front of bike approximately 5″) • Will not work with factory diameter wheels. • Fits 1997-2012 Harley-Davidson® FLT Touring models (except Road King™) • Complete kit includes aluminum triple trees, steering stem, fork tube extension, fork stops, travel limiters, and everything else necessary for installation • Fairing maintains stock position and do not require angled headlight wedges or special brackets to properly adjust your headlight. • Black anodized finish. • NOTE: FLHX & FLHT require purchase of separate Trim Kit (20-376 [$169.95). MSRP $899.95. At  Arlen Ness.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

16 Responses to “Arlen Ness KO Raked Triple Trees for 21″ and 23″ Front Wheel Baggers”

1. 1 Woody Apr 4th, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Ya got me confused. Is there offset stem bearings? If not, the frame angle doesn’t change a bit, only the fork tube angle does.

2. 2 Cyril Huze Apr 4th, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Woody. It’s adding “11 more degrees of rake to the bike”, not to the frame.

3. 3 Brian Apr 4th, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Are these manufacturerd for Ness by Kewl Metal?

4. 4 Woody Apr 4th, 2012 at 9:06 pm

OK, thx Cyril. I’m kinda slow sometimes ;)

5. 5 bigalyts Apr 4th, 2012 at 10:49 pm

A LITTLE PRICEY CYRIL, DON’T YOU THINK SO? I LOVE WHEN HE BREAKS IT OFF!!!!! CHARGING THE $190 EXTRA FOR THE TRIM KIT! eeeeeeeeeeeE!

6. 6 Sollis Apr 5th, 2012 at 1:12 pm

bigalyst do you have cheaper one for sale ? or at list direct me where i can get them cheaper make sure they keep wheel in correct trail number with out moving the neck

7. 7 bigalyts Apr 6th, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I guess after your Prices these seem like a gift, Eh Solis. Your workmanship looks magnificent. Looks like your glad anybody has made these for a Grand, cause if you had to make them…it would be a Phone Number.It like the old story first one cost $10 grand and the next one $86……

8. 8 ian Apr 8th, 2012 at 5:39 am

just ordered a set for my FLXH – its never been the same since I put the 21″ wheel on – lets see how this makes a difference….

9. 9 izadore007 Apr 8th, 2012 at 8:31 am

Remember when they came out with the “250″ Tire on your Softail Package? It came with a rear Wheel, Tire, Belt, Pulley, Shims and a bunch of necessary extra little parts to transform your 130 Bicycle Tire into a 250 perfect size rear end and that was about $5 G’s. It cost that much to run a 23″ or larger Wheel Tire combo on your Bagger ! SOUNDS STUPID TO ME, to waiste $5,000 bucaroos when you can get one of those Cafe Packages complete for $5, G’zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz that Cyril was talking about a few days ago. Just my Jewish mind, computing!!!!!!!!!!

10. 10 JK Apr 9th, 2012 at 9:44 am

Speaking from experience they work very well. If you want the total custom look, of course you have to cut and rework your frame. However not everyone wants that, nor can they afford that, or do they have the know how all the fabrication themselves, with these kits any mechanical person can install them. I do believe Arlens raked tree kits are made by Kewl Metal, but I have been wrong before. Just my .02 cents!

11. 11 Jack Apr 10th, 2012 at 11:06 am

These are made by Ness themselves through a supplier, not by KewlMetal, hence the reason why they’re priced so low. Also, the Trim kit is not sold separately as originally thought. It’s included in the complete kit so you’re only paying $899 for everything.

12. 12 ian Apr 11th, 2012 at 4:30 pm

…but they are not in production yet so wont be available until August.

13. 13 mississippiroadburner Apr 30th, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Anyone have a review on how these actually work for highway long haul riding? Any CON’s that I need to know of? Looking to put a 23 on a Streetglide, but don’t want to cut the neck! Also, does the factory console on the tank have to be replaced for ignition clearance and does the fork lock still work?

14. 14 Herbert Schober Jul 12th, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Do you have a 11 degree kit for a 2005 harley sportster??

If you do what is the degree increase and what is the final TRAIL??

Thanks.. Herb

15. 15 Slick Jul 28th, 2012 at 8:35 pm

After installing the triple tree rake kit on my 2012 cvo road glide I noticed a sway motion while riding on the freeway.. Feeling as if my bike was about to take off like an airplane.. Causes ? Have anyone else experienced this ?

16. 16 Slick Jul 28th, 2012 at 8:44 pm

@missippiroadburner.. I just installed this triple tree Arlen mess kit on my bike. 2012 cvo and it rides well on city streets but once I hit 70mph + my front end feels light. Starts to sway side to side. I don’t know if it’s because the center of gravity is changed. I’m trying to figure it out. Feels like I need my front wheel balanced. Weird… Anyone any suggestions ?

Indian Motorcycle