As most you living in the USA know, last Saturday and Sunday, more than 120 tornadoes were reported in a two-day outbreak in Oklahoma. One of the twisters (classified EF-3 tornado generating speeds of 136 to 165 mph) caught many unaware in Woodward, a town of 12,000 people, when storm sirens failed to sound after lightning apparently disabled the warning system. In this  city the death toll rose today Monday Sept, 16 to a 6th victim. Woodward, OK is the city where Custom Builder Jerry Covington, crew and family work and live.  So, Kathleen Covington asked me if I would publish the following message.

“Cyril. Would you post something telling everyone that we (Covingtons Customs) are all good  from the tornado that struck our city (Woodward OK.) early Sunday morning? We didn’t have any damage but our community sustained heavy damage (89 homes destroyed) & 6 lives lost. It hit less than 1/4 mile from our home and shop. We are a small city. so it has affected everyone. I know it has been on the national news & people have been calling to check on us but your news website reaches so many I thought it would be the best way to reach our industry to let all know we are all good and appreciate everyone’s thoughts & prayers. Thanks You” Kathleen Covington, Covingtons Customs

10 Responses to “Tornado Outbreak. A Message From Jerry And Kathleen Covington At Covingtons Customs.”

1. 1 Andy Miller Apr 16th, 2012 at 6:25 pm

With all that was lost, we are fortunate to see that fine folks like Jerry and Kathleen were missed by this one. there is no good spot for these things to touch down, but out in open country sure would be better…..

Glad to hear it Cyril! Thanks for taking the time to let it be known.

2. 2 Patrick Mahoney Apr 16th, 2012 at 8:56 pm

This is good to hear! These are good folks! Oklahoma is dear to those in Arkansas, where we reside. I am glad they are OK!

3. 3 Jeff Nicklus Apr 16th, 2012 at 9:08 pm

We have been concerned for all of you and we are indeed happy that everyone is OK . If there is anything I can do I am only a phone call away.

Over & Out,

Jeff

4. 4 Knucklehead Apr 17th, 2012 at 6:55 am

Prayers be with you.

5. 5 The Supreme Team Apr 17th, 2012 at 10:12 am

Though I’ve never met the Covingtons, I’m happy to hear that they are okay. Really sucks to hear that 6 died and that so many homes and lives were affected so quickly.
    The internet sure brings the tragedy a lot closer to home.

6. 6 whitebear Apr 17th, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Woodward is my hometown, although I now live in Tulsa.

If anyone would like to help the Woodward relief effort, here are some details of what is needed, courtesy of KRMG radio in Tulsa:

Leather gloves
    Tarps
    Small folding military style cots
    Flashlights, especially those that can be worn on the head
    Batteries: AA and AAA sizes
    6 Volt lanterns
    Trash bags
    Dust masks
    Safety glasses
    PLEASE DO NOT: send clothing or self-deploy to volunteer your time in recovery/rebuild – plenty
    of manpower is already on site.

Direct financial donations should be made to either the Salvation Army of Woodward (designate “Oklahoma Storms” when making your donation) or the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief fund.

The full article is available at: http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/take-action-how-you-can-help-victims-woodward-torn/nMZqW/

7. 7 Blackmax Apr 18th, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Glad to hear you all are ok …
    we are still digging out herein Ohio and Kentucky
    Carry On & God Bless

8. 8 Joe biker Apr 18th, 2012 at 9:44 pm

Glad to hear the news. The whole crew are a pleasure to deal with

9. 9 David Apr 19th, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Glad to here that Jerry and Kathleen are safe as well as the rest of their family and crew there at Covington”s. I was watching the Weather coverage that night on TV and is was rather frighting as the Tornado tore through a community I travel through very often,I knew exactly where it all was happening as they described it.

God bless al those who were affected.

SSDD; David

10. 10 bean're Apr 23rd, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I am glad that you home and business were spared. If you do any fundraising event for your community, please let me know. I will do everything in my power to be there and help out in any way I can.