California Scooter Motorcycles Now Available In Canada

“We’re very pleased that Transport Canada has approved our motorcycles in Canada,” said Steve Seidner, President and Chief Executive Officer of California Scooter Motorcycles, of course based in California.  “In addition to the United States, you can now purchase CSC Motorcycles in Australia, Japan, Lebanon, and Cyprus.   As an American manufacturer, it feels great to be providing US jobs while exporting our great motorcycles to other countries.  CSC bikes are popular here in the United States and we are expanding the excitement to other countries as well.” Seidner mentioned that in recognition of its approval in Canada, the company is covering all freight and customs duties on the first 20 bikes going to Canada.

CSC Motorcycles introduced their iconic 150cc, American-built bikes approximately 2½ years ago.  California Scooters take their styling cues from the Mustang motorcycle, a comparably-sized bike manufactured in California from 1946 through 1963.  Modern California Scooters include all features required for government approvals in the regions mentioned above, including emissions equipment, turn signals, lighting, horns, and other equipment.  The bikes include both electric and kick starters.

Califprnia Scooter bikes are popular with both new and experienced male and female riders due to their ultra-high quality construction, show-quality finish, extensive billet aluminum components, light weight, and 90 mpg fuel economy. The bikes are available in 10 colors and four models.   CSC Motorcycles also offers custom corporate bikes (as provided for Go Go Gear and In-N-Out Burger) and an extensive accessory line.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

21 Responses to “California Scooter Motorcycles Now Available In Canada”

1. 1 CASCA1 Jul 24th, 2012 at 11:40 am

Any time we can make a product here & sell it over seas it is a great thing ! It would be even greater when we can sell it to CHINA, with out doubling the price.

Let’s hear it for MADE IN AMERICA POWER !

2. 2 Gunslinger Jul 24th, 2012 at 11:48 am

What sea is Canada over??

I know what you mean – and I agree 100% – just sounded kind of funny ;)

3. 3 Boomer Jul 24th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

No mention of price here or on their website. The 90 mpg sounds pretty good for around town zipping around.

4. 4 Chaos Jul 24th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Just what Canada needs another piece of pint sized junk cluttering up the roadways.

5. 5 Paul Jul 24th, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Very Stylish.

6. 6 Mac Jul 24th, 2012 at 6:35 pm

you bet this little bike is a ball, I owne one . I get the thumbs up from more Harley riders than anyone els .also the ladies arn’t afraid to just walk right up and ask about the bike .CSC does not sit around ,they are always working to improving the product . they have a real nice line of accessories so you can personalize your bike . Oh ya. I run back and forth to work and around town . I get around 70 mpg and I dont hit 5 very often ,crusing I am sure I would do better
    TKS MAC OUT

7. 7 Guy Jul 24th, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Like it. Must be fun. Price?

8. 8 Joe Jul 24th, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Guy and Boomer, Joe here. I write the blog for CSC.

The Classic is $3695. The Greaser, Babydoll, and Military Series models are just a bit more due to their paint themes and other features.

CASCA1, we’re not selling in China yet, but we do sell in Japan (as mentioned above).

If any of you are ever in Southern California and you’d like to take a test ride, let us know and we’ll take you up in the San Gabriels….it will be the ride in the YouTube video below, which I filmed chasing our CSC CEO (Steve) and another friend of mine (Mike) who is a retired police chief.

We appreciate all of your comments.

9. 9 Bigalyts Jul 25th, 2012 at 7:18 am

thet are 5 G’s out the Door including Tax and Shipping and Registration in Florida. No extra’s or Accessories in that Price. Not Cheap and not as useful as a Yamaha Zuma 125 around 4 G’s out the Door and can run circles around the Calif. Scooter. I have a Friend that bought one for his Boat. Lighter than the Zuma but still need 2 People to get it on and off the Boat. Yes it is cuter, i will give it that.

10. 10 Terry St.Amand Jul 25th, 2012 at 8:15 am

Probably 5 grand in Canada……

11. 11 donnie Jul 25th, 2012 at 9:03 am

WHO MAKES OR SUPPLIES THE MOTOR IN THESE NEAT LITTLE THINGS

12. 12 CW Jul 25th, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Looks like a Chinese motor

13. 13 Joe Jul 25th, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Joe here again. The engine is made to our EPA-and-CARB-compliant specifications in Taiwan. It is not a mainland China engine, and at this time, nothing on the CSC motorcycle is made in China. It’s funny in a sense because people frequently assume our bike is Chinese, but we may very well be the only motorcycle manufacturer making bikes with no Chinese content.

Having said the above, we don’t have anything against Chinese products. I’ve been to some of the major motorcycle factories in China and in the top companies their production processes and quality rival those of any of the motorcycle factories in the world. Regardless of what you are riding today (including motorcycles from Bavaria and the US), it’s likely that some of it is made in China. I’ve seen them making OEM parts for motorcycles from Europe, Japan,and the US. At some point, we may incorporate some Chinese content, but we are not ready to do that yet.

Our 150cc engine is based on the old Honda CG-150 design, and our supplier has been making this engine for 34 years. We are the first to use it in a US-approved motorcycle, and we shepherded the bike through the EPA and CARB to gain that approval.

In the 2 1/2 years we’ve been making the bikes, we might have had one or two engine warranty claims. One of the things we did to wring the engines out was run several of them up and down the length of the Baja peninsular during the hottest time of the year down there. You can read about that adventure on http://bit.ly/9tELRr. I led that ride and it was a hoot. I’ve ridden several big bikes in Baja. Anybody can make the run on a big bike, but doing it on a 150 was a different kind of challenge and it was a lot of fun. The engines held up just fine on that trip, and on the way back (the 1000 miles from Cabo to TJ) we ran WFO for nearly the entire distance. I like to tell folks the engines are bulletproof (in the figurative sense…I’ve never actually fired my .45 at one).

The bike is not for everyone, and there are certainly different reasons different people may opt not to buy it. That’s okay by us. Whether you like the bike or not, we value everyone’s input and we thank you for taking the time to post your feelings.

14. 14 Tony King Jul 25th, 2012 at 11:40 pm

“but we may very well be the only motorcycle manufacturer making bikes with no Chinese content.”

Touche’ Joe, point well taken!

15. 15 4k Jul 26th, 2012 at 7:22 am

Like it. Must be fun.

16. 16 Mac Jul 26th, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I will tell you what if you are going to be in south mississippi Gulf port ,and e-mail me at hammerhead46@hotmail.com I will let you test ride mine ,mc Licensed people only .Why I want to get more people on csc scooter so I have folks to ride with like minds .

17. 17 snook Jul 26th, 2012 at 9:41 pm

They do not value everyone’s input.

I’m in Oz and bought one of these recently. The front end shakes around so much it could use a steering damper and the brakes have no feel. IMO, dangerous for a beginner and inexperienced rider. My comments got me banned from CSC’s facebook pages. If there was a problem with my indidivual bike, one would think I would have been told what the fix was, rather than being banned from commenting. If you’re wondering why you can’t find negative comments, this is why. Big brother control. Not a pleasant experience.

18. 18 Joe Jul 26th, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Snook:

I had heard there was an issue on Facebook and that we had deleted a post. My apologies for that. From the tone of the comments on Facebook, the fact that we had not heard anything from our dealer in Oz, and the name on the Facebook post, we mistakenly assumed it was a crank post. Our apologies again for deleting it. And, our apologies for your dissatisfaction with your motorcycle.

Would you please bring it back to your dealer and give him an opportunity to fix the problem? I know Ian personally and I know he is a good guy. If Ian doesn’t satisfy you, please contact me at California Scooter Company (you can use the contact form on our website or write to me directly at jberk@californiascooterco.com) and I will personally follow up on your bike.

Joe

19. 19 IAN TONKS Jul 27th, 2012 at 1:28 am

Hey SNOOK,
    You certainly didn’t buy this bike from us! We supply great quality CALIFORNIA SCOOTERS to happy customers all over Australia. All bikes are ADR compliant and LAMS approved, so unless modified after sale they are all legal! Many of our customers are learners and again MORE than happy with their new ride.
    CALIFORNIA SCOOTER in the USA manufactures these beauties in La Verne California, with design inspired by the mighty Mustang Scooter of the 1940’s. Their popularity both in the USA and Australia is testament to their high quality and great value. Gone are the days of el cheapo monkey bikes, these are the real deal and come with a full 12 month manufacturers warranty.
    We welcome any inspection, please call us on 1800 335 223.

20. 20 Vintage Twin Jul 28th, 2012 at 11:22 am

I don’t think the Mustang is getting enough world coverage.

Look, you gotta do something big with the little scooter that helps humanity, like dropping 100 of them full of gas into rebel held Syria to ferry ammunition and people out of the country.

We think you need to try a bit harder.

21. 21 carl M Jul 30th, 2012 at 8:54 pm

I am a CSC owner and have enjoyed several thousand miles of trouble free fun. This bike is fun to ride and gets a lot of attention.
    I can empty the showroom of my local HD dealer when I ride there to show off! They all come out to the parking lot to see my blue California Scooter and the older riders all tell me what a great Mustang I have. !